No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't book economy saver flight to DPS during the long weekend in Aug. In fact all Aug Economy Saver is not avail
    visit my blog

Comment

• I'm using a mac and use firefox, and the site just keeps hanging on me

Comment

• usa and UK omitted

On the new website , if you look up local fare deals, the USA and UK are omitted,
        but countries like Kuwait, Netherlands, Bangladesh, Beligum, New Zealand are listed as options to name a few.

I guess the USA is no longer an important market for them, as on the old website they always had specials running out of San Francisco to HKG and Singapore.

To do anything on the new website is a joke, you can never get through a transaction, and if you get close it either locks up or times you out.

I cant believe its going on for this amount of time and no improvement.
        I wish they would bring back the old website, it was fast an user friendly.

I have already booked two trips out of USA on CX. because I cant waste time dealing with them.

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by motodave View Post
          I have already booked two trips out of USA on CX. because I cant waste time dealing with them.

Dave
          Please do write to SQ and tell them about their lost revenue!

Comment

• As I PPS club member, and a loyal customer, they have managed to really piss me off with this new website. Nothing works properly. It crashes, hangs and is dreadful. I've called them, told them and they either don't care or don't want to hear it.

What on earth possessed such a great airline to launch such a feeble, amateurish, untested piece of crap. I just can't believe it. Emirates and Qantas must be laughing because I know plenty of people who have given up trying to book and have gone to another alrline.

There was nothing wrong with the old website.

The one thing that pisses me off - becuase it's so ridiculous - is if you book through American Express (like our company does) then if you log in with your KF number you can see the booking (including destination and date) and then if you select it to "manage booking" it says it can't find the booking and you have to put in departure city and date of departure. They are there on the screen !! AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.....

Comment

• I tried to pull up an itinerary for two pax (same PNR) on SQ using SQ booking reference even though it is a BD award. Worked well on the old site, but now the new site asks for all kinds of weird booking details and once they are all entered it still can't pull up the record because the last name is wrong. Well it is not wrong and works fine on LH M&M bookings view site as well as in CMT. Absolute utter rubbish. To call this teething problems is more than taking the 'pi*s' at your customers.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                To call this teething problems is more than taking the 'pi*s' at your customers.
                +1. Sadly it's perfectly true to form.

Comment

• they dont care

Before SQ switched websites, ,earlier in the year I wrote complaining why no saver fares out of the USA, SQ doesnot give me a choice of aircraft out of SFO, I have the 777ER VIA HKG OR via SEOUL, other lines now fly the 777, why shud other star alliance members charge me aprox 140,000 sfo-sing business class and Sq wants 240,000 or full award 630,000.
                  I even broke it down that on a trip to singapore I would earn 25,320 miles,
                  (the busness class fare to Sing is aprox6,000USD)to pay the 240,000 mile ticket I need to take 9.5 rtw which would cost me 57,000USD or 25 trips costing 149,000 USD. While anyother star alliance member only require 140,000
                  miles or 5.5 trips spending 33,000USD. I have been a Solitaire member for over 20 years.
                  What I got back as an answer, was thank you for your comments as we value your feedback. Basically the corp kiss off.
                  It was after that to asia I started flying CX, I will only take SQ when its my only option. I will remain a Solitaire member for at least 2 to almost 3 years as I have that much extra revenue banked. So you can see the amount I have spent with them.

I think SQ missed the point, in the service industry they are putting bottom line profit against customer satisfaction. We as customers have a choice
                  on who to fly, they are not the only airline in the world, the have to live with their choices as I do, to get me back they are going to have to do a lot better than CX or Emirates who I now fly.
                  As much as we complain they dodnot listen, only heads will roll when it really effects the bottom line, I voted with my revenue.
                  Dave

Comment

I think SQ missed the point, in the service industry they are putting bottom line profit against customer satisfaction. We as customers have a choice
                    on who to fly, they are not the only airline in the world, the have to live with their choices as I do, to get me back they are going to have to do a lot better than CX or Emirates who I now fly.
                    As much as we complain they dodnot listen, only heads will roll when it really effects the bottom line, I voted with my revenue.
                    Dave
                    Well, it is starting to show. SQ is now not the most (or even anywhere in the top 3) profitable airline in the world. The accolade goes to CX!! And SQ's load factors are not as great as before.
                    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• I Totally Agree ! It doesn't help that the quality of the cabin crew is dropping badly as well ! To top it off, they are still charging premium fares for some routes, with VERY OLD products, like the old 777-200's especially !

Comment

Dave
                        Dave I simply where with you. The totally agree with you. But too bad there are just to many people who will still choose flying SQ no matter what. Especial those who are based in sin.

I personally only travel on SQ on corporate travel. For my personal i rather fly Tg lh or even qr. Sq eco care to dps and cgk can buy me c class on qr and lh. Too bad qr is not *a
                        visit my blog

Comment

• I tried to book award ticket to bali again on different date. There are some flight on saver but waiting list both way. But the system won't let me process. Old system will allow this. What an enhancement
                          visit my blog

Comment

• I would like to share some experiences with the website, which happened a few seconds ago:

Cancellation of a 'Commercial' booking - KUL-SIN-KUL - went on smoothly. Just 3 clicks and it is done. This is a Sweet Deal fare ticket so I am not sure if there is any portion of the ticket price (airport tax in particular) that will be refunded.

Cancellation of a Redemption booking - SIN-JNB-CPT-JNB-SIN - also went on smoothly. The miles were refunded immediately and ready to be used for a new redemption booking right away. The amount being refunded into my credit card is also shown very clearly (and rather big in font too, so you can't missed it).

Comment

• Something that SQ should have done is create re-write rules so the links in the old site link up to the new one.

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
                              I would have thought rather than living it for a while, they just switch back to their old site?

Surely there must have been some sort of contingency for this?
                              The problem with switch back to the old site is that there will be allot of work to move the current data back into the old site database. The old site didnt look at the data the same way the new one does.

Comment

• Oh this website is silly...checked my mom's itinerary just now and found this:

SQ967
                                Departs
                                Jakarta (CGK)
                                Sat, 23 Jul 2011, 20:55

Arrives
                                Singapore (SIN)
                                Sat, 23 Jul 2011, 23:30

Number of stops: 1

SQ12
                                Departs
                                Singapore (SIN)
                                Sun, 24 Jul 2011, 09:25

Arrives
                                Los Angeles (LAX)
                                Sun, 24 Jul 2011, 13:30

Non-stop

Uh...since when did 967 make an intermediate stop and 12 go non-stop?

(facepalm)

Comment

Working...
                                X