The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    I've done another BTC on SQ21 this weekend. See if it appears.

With kids meals now we ask at the check-in counter when we arrive. This just about gives them enough time to scramble a meal to the flight once we blame the website.......again.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      With kids meals now we ask at the check-in counter when we arrive. This just about gives them enough time to scramble a meal to the flight once we blame the website.......again.
      Ain't not going to eat kids meal. seriously, I'm easy when it comes to food, though I have to admit I get more and more selective as I age. SQ's standard meals on long haul have mostly been quite good (except uplift from DME) so, if they don't have my BTC there's really no issue.

Now back to the favourite subject of whining about the website ....

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
        OT: I have given up ordering kids meal for my 3yo as >50% of the time, its re-heated fried food & sugary drinks which is just bad for kids; at least IMHO.

These days, I just choose off the main menu. Cabin Crew have always been very nice to serve my kid the same time as those with SPML request so we always get our choice.

So often its the CC that save SQ's reputation... they should be looked after better

Comment

• Funny that I just had a long conversation with the call center about the kids meal just 2 days ago. They missed my post-weaning meal for my infant for the last 3 sectors (out of 4), so I was making an official complaint. He suggested if I can order the kids meal, which I basically sent him a message that their kids meal is anything but healthy. Its basically junk food with no nutrition.

He gave me the sly smile and agreed that yah, "We chinese parents wouldn't want to give our kids these nonsense in general". Honestly, if only his management actually bothers to do something..
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            OT: I have given up ordering kids meal for my 3yo as >50% of the time, its re-heated fried food & sugary drinks which is just bad for kids; at least IMHO.

These days, I just choose off the main menu. Cabin Crew have always been very nice to serve my kid the same time as those with SPML request so we always get our choice.

So often its the CC that save SQ's reputation... they should be looked after better
            Awful. Good thing you shared this here. Was planning a family trip to London including my 2year old nephew. We don't even give him any refined sugars or processed food- at all.

Comment

• Even overly health-conscious parents should be able to find options with SQ that suit their needs:

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/flying-with-us/yummy/

Healthier Yummy! Meals

Poached eggs on toasted English wholemeal muffin with grilled herb tomato and sauteed baby spinach.

Grilled fish with citrus tomato vinaigrette, accompanied with sweet potato mash and mesclun salad.

Roasted chicken breast with tomato and herb sauce, served with steamed green beans, carrots, and basmati rice.

Comment

• I got this message when I tried to retreive my next week booking
                booked itinerary is fully flown.
                visit my blog

Comment

• Make sure they credit your miles then....... and double up when you actually fly

Comment

• It seems bookings made through other airlines (with SQ segments) can now be accessed. Finally.

Comment

• Comment

• Haha, love the random check box and text.

Comment

• I had a cracker last week.

I booked a round trip BKK-SIN-MEL / SYD-SIN-BKK. As I have long since given up trying to select seats during the booking process due to past failures I again didn't bother, opting to go back in and do it as usual. This was also problematic and it froze on me as usual.

I flew BKK-SIN-MEL and before flying SYD-SIN went in to the website to change the seat on SYD-SIN. Unfortunately I couldn't get at my SQ232 flight to do so, but it would let me change the seat on my SQ227 SIN-MEL, that I had already flown 24 hours earlier.....

Comment

• Another problem, apparently I couldn't pay with any of my Singapore-issued credit cards for redemption booking taxes charged in USD on the website. Need to make the redemption booking online to payment page and call SQ reservations with the booking reference to make payment through the phone....

Talked to the reservation agent and she mentioned that yes, there is this problem when the fare is charged in USD.
                            My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Booked on SQ62/61 to IAH on J. Unable to select BTC. System only displays Dietary, Others, Religious and Vegetarian options.

Comment

• Urgh!

I am trying to do a multi city booking and getting "There are no flights available for the criteria you selected. Please change the search criteria and try again."

I am trying to do the following

MAN > BNE
                                BNE > HKG
                                HKG > MAN

Obviously some connecting in Singapore is required but is the website so stupid it cant work this out?

Comment

Working...
                                X