The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
    Trying to print out my flight ticket from the website.
    That is what I got. Anyone had experience such long flight before?

SQ026 Singapore Airlines FIRST
    Singapore (SIN)T3
    New York (JFK)
    Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:55
    Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:00
    CONFIRMED

SQ025 Singapore Airlines FIRST
    New York (JFK)T4
    Singapore (SIN)
    Sat, 05 May 2012 21:25
    Mon, 29 Oct 2012 06:50
    CONFIRMED

https://www.dropbox.com/s/po8vj8diw3...-itinerary.png

I hope they credit the mileage base on the time spent!

Comment

• When I was doing my redemption booking last week it again wouldn't let me choose my seat. I gave up in the end thinking I'll just log back in later and pick one.

Oh no. I logged in from three different locations (SOTP in SYD, SKL in SYD and Hyatt in Singapore) and each time was told they had detected multiple login's so I had to log out and try again. I just gave up in the end and walked into the SQ office in ION and did it face to face.

Comment

• Be warned...more 'maintenance' on it's way...

Singaporeair.com will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on 17 October 2012, Wednesday from 0201 hrs to 0230 hrs, Singapore Time (16 October 2012, Tuesday from 1801hrs to 1830hrs, GMT).
        During this time, Internet Check-In will not be available.
        All other services will still be available during this time. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Comment

• I recently made two redemption bookings after the so called "upgrade" and didn't encounter any problems from booking to payment to choosing seats. One is a simple CGK/SIN round trip and the other is a more complicated multi-segment with a stopover in SIN. A fellow traveler friend told me that SQ segmented a more-bug free interface for its PPS members in the website upon login. I wonder if there is any truth in that? More likely, I suppose a fast internet connection and having the latest browser helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
            I recently made two redemption bookings after the so called "upgrade" and didn't encounter any problems from booking to payment to choosing seats. One is a simple CGK/SIN round trip and the other is a more complicated multi-segment with a stopover in SIN. A fellow traveler friend told me that SQ segmented a more-bug free interface for its PPS members in the website upon login. I wonder if there is any truth in that? More likely, I suppose a fast internet connection and having the latest browser helps.
            PPS have to deal with the same crap. Couldn't upgrade a commercial booking online, called PPS and even they could not book the upgrade. They told me I can fly in the higher class of service and I had no problems at check-in. Miles were only deducted two weeks after the flight which was a bit strange.

Comment

• Tried to do a redemption booking last night using both the Chrome and Safari apps on my iPad (while in bed!). Discovered both of these apps have display issues with Singaporeair.com and hence I had to get up and go to my PC to get it done. Not sure if this is due to the scaled-down Chrome/Safari apps or SQ site not configured/programmed for apps.

And that SQ Mobile app (please give us an iPad version!) can't do redemptions it seems (or did I miss something).

Comment

• Facebook page recently has been getting heaps more complaints, and the complaints are getting more aggressive. Full credit to SQ for leaving all the negative feedback up there, but surely when +50% of FB feedback is negative, you think they might change their strategy for responding to these complaints. They still treat each issue as some unique issue that has not been addressed before.

It's really strange, and it really reflects poorly on their senior management, that no one has the courage to admit there are substantial known issues on their site, with no clear solution.

This company must be so insular they probably could benefit from a "leading teams" type consultant to come in and revamp their management structure and leadership.

I have tons of points due to SG Amex, but looking at SG airfares now, they have just gotten so high in the past two years that I cannot justify flying them just to get AMEX double points for purchase etc, when you can fly ANA, Asiana, etc for quite a few hundred dollars less.

Comment

• Last night went through a redemption process for two tickets, getting a flight, picking seats but stalled at the payment screen.....twice.

Spend 20min waiting for SQ call centre and the guy just sighed when I told him what happened and we went through it again, all done. When i asked him about a return schedule (all of which were not available or on waitlist from the website) he advised there were seats on each of the two of the days I had asked for so got that sorted as well - otherwise would have been on Thai.

Simultaneously had been on the United website.....it simply works!

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                    Last night went through a redemption process for two tickets, getting a flight, picking seats but stalled at the payment screen.....twice.

Spend 20min waiting for SQ call centre and the guy just sighed when I told him what happened and we went through it again, all done. When i asked him about a return schedule (all of which were not available or on waitlist from the website) he advised there were seats on each of the two of the days I had asked for so got that sorted as well - otherwise would have been on Thai.

Simultaneously had been on the United website.....it simply works!
                    2 experiences with the wonky site.

SIN - BKK - SIN: Page time out entering credit card details. But got booking reference. Spent 50 minutes calling the call center to have this sorted out. Turns out that booking reference is out but payment not registered. Agent had to manually issue the tickets.

SIN - PVG - SIN: Payment confirmed and ticketed generated. However unable to see the booking to manage it.

Total disaster

Comment

• Just made a booking for a couple of our guys going out to S.E. Asia later this week. During booking it would only let me select seats for the first segment then kept failing if you tired any more seat requests so I ave up and just completed the booking without them

Gave it a few hours and went back n to the booking via the website and got:

Our System has detected multiple sessions from the same browser. Please help to close all the broswers and retry.
                      We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
                      For security reasons, please clear your cache after each session.
                      I will gve up for good one of these days...I will...honest...

Comment

• I used to be able to view and manage my ticketed flights for those that include another carrier's route in between. Did they recently remove that function ? I get this when I try to manage my bookings :

We are unable to retrieve your booking because this booking contains ticket(s) which is not issued by Singapore Airlines. Please check with the airline or travel agent you have made this booking with.

Is this fair and justified ? Just because I have a Lufthansa flight for a domestic german destination and it rendered my whole itinerary "Unmanageable" ? I now cannot do anything (i.e. select seats, select meals, etc.) when 90% of the whole itinerary is with SQ (J). I wonder what is so difficult to show the SQ portion of the itinerary for convenient on-line management. Surely they are not expecting that I call my booking agent to select my meals and seats

Comment

• Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                          SIN - BKK - SIN: Page time out entering credit card details. But got booking reference. Spent 50 minutes calling the call center to have this sorted out. Turns out that booking reference is out but payment not registered. Agent had to manually issue the tickets.
                          (

Yes, exactly the same with my case.....booking made and confirmed by agent on the phone, just payment not processed.

And, I have just had another exact same case again just now. At least this time only 10min on hold and another 5min to sort out. I wish I could charge back SQ at my normal daily rate for wasting my time like this.

Comment

• With the latest update, the have installed a new bug:

Bookings done in the last five days before departure cannot be amended online and not even by the call center:

Booked an F award online for a day later and couldn't make a seat assignment. Same for the call center.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                              With the latest update, the have installed a new bug:

Bookings done in the last five days before departure cannot be amended online and not even by the call center:

Booked an F award online for a day later and couldn't make a seat assignment. Same for the call center.
                              I just did a J redemption this afternoon for early next week and was able to select seats online.

The website is still crap though.

Comment

• I tried selecting my seat for SQ638 later this month.

Was rather surprised to find the entire right side of the J cabin taken up, while the left was empty.

I later found out that 14-19K are now bassinet seats.....

Comment

Working...
                                X