X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
    SIA creates senior IT post
    Airline sets out to improve customer experience after website fiasco

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) has created a new senior vice-president position - a move that industry insiders say is a sign that the airline is determined to debug its website once and for all and ensure that all its other IT applications run smoothly.

The post of senior vice-president (information technology) will go to Mr Tan Chik Quee, SIA's current senior vice-president (marketing). It is effective from Oct 8.

The change in portfolio for Mr Tan is part of a larger reorganisation within the company.

Under this shift, SIA's IT department will be hived off as a standalone unit, with Mr Tan reporting directly to chief executive officer Goh Choon Phong.

Before this, IT came under the corporate planning umbrella, which includes public relations and communications.

In an interview carried in the September issue of the airline's in-house newsletter, Outlook, Mr Tan said that fixing the website will be one of his priorities.

He told Outlook: "There is no denying that the revamp was problematic and we still have some issues to address."

While the major bugs have been fixed, the focus now is to improve customer experience and this has to be a permanent area of focus, he said, adding: "We cannot just stop one day and say that everything has been addressed and nothing more needs to be done."

SIA's website has been a blemish on the airline's reputation since it was relaunched on May 22 last year.

On launch day, it was taken down for more than an hour because of software bugs.

Months after that, customers continued to face user problems, including booking flights and retrieving flight and travel information.

Mobile phone users have encountered similar issues on its mobile app as well.

The Outlook article said that the restructuring will allow SIA to focus more on the IT side of its business.

As more travellers do their bookings and other transactions online and via mobile apps, airlines need to ensure that they have reliable IT systems, analysts said.

As part of the changes, Mr Chin Yau Seng, who will return to SIA after more than a year at Tiger Airways, will become acting senior vice-president (sales and marketing).

Mr Chin was parachuted in by Tiger's board to steer the carrier back to stability after its Australian arm was grounded over safety concerns.

SIA, which owns about a third of the budget carrier, said then that the intention was for Mr Chin to eventually return.
    Hope this will solve the problems once and for all.

Wonder how much revenue they've lost:
    • people giving up trying to book & taking other airlines
    • error Saver F redemptions galore for *Alliance members

Comment

• SQ updated their webpage on September 14 and it seems they have created new bugs...

Multi-Itinerary Reward Booking not working
      Drop-downs for booking trips not working for one browser
      Error messages for Reward Bookings...

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
        SQ updated their webpage on September 14 and it seems they have created new bugs...

Multi-Itinerary Reward Booking not working
        Drop-downs for booking trips not working for one browser
        Error messages for Reward Bookings...

Managed to redeem a ticket from HK yesterday but didn't get any confirmation email. Buggy indeed!

Comment

• Spent 25 minutes booking my Mother a MAN-SIN-SYD return today.

If the flight had been for me, it wouldn't have been completed and I'd be flying with someone else. However, the fact she likes SQ, Changi and stopping in Singapore meant I had to persevere. I gave up on trying to book seats and will have to call and do that.

I wonder how much money that website has cost them ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I wonder how much money that website has cost them ?
            $250 to the Indian programmers and $250 million in lost revenue?

How does that saying go: "Penny wise, pound foolish...?"

Actually nope, "Every buck I save goes to my bonus and my next Chairmanship at *another* Temasek company..."

Comment

• Have been on the website trying to book flights for half an hour and it just won't work! $13,000 worth of flights mind you. It's frustrating beyond words.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlarosa View Post
                Have been on the website trying to book flights for half an hour and it just won't work! $13,000 worth of flights mind you. It's frustrating beyond words.

Why I now call SWISS, talk to an actual person AND save 25-50%.

Comment

• I have 4 short-haul flights within the next 48 hours. They do show up on "My Bookings". But there are some problems.

Usually, the "My Bookings" will display the flights that are ready for check-in differently, with a "Check-in" button on the right, "View Status" in the middle etc. The funny thing was that of the 4 flights, 3 of them have the special buttons, while 1 does not. So you cannot check-in on-line for 1 of the flight.

I usually like to print a copy of the flight booking, in case I run into any problems at the airport. 3 of the flights can be printed, but 1 of them (a different one from the one which doesn't show the special on-line check-in buttons) gave me an error message when I click on the flight. I called SQ to confirm that I'm still booked on that flight. Its just that this flight gave an on-line error when trying to view the booking.

Comment

• "multiple sessions detected" when trying to choose seat....reset safari, rebooted mac and the same thing, best part is the message blames you for the issue

Comment

• I think this website is getting from bad to worse!!
                      I just booked a reward ticket to DPS and this is what it shows

Departing flightFri 30 Nov 2012
                      Singapore (SIN) To Denpasar Bali (DPS)
                      Total travel time
                      3hrs 45mins

Status
                      waitlist Flight

SQ942
                      Singapore Airlines
                      (Boeing 777-200)
                      Departs

Singapore(SIN)
                      09:20(30 Nov)

Changi Intl

Terminal 2
                      Arrives

Denpasar Bali(DPS)

12:05 (30 Nov)
                      Ngurah Rai Intl

Terminal - I
                      Flying time
                      Nonstop
                      03hrs 45mins
                      Since when it tooks more than 3 hours to fly to DPS from SIN
                      visit my blog

Comment

• I found more interesting things:

If you are paying for the flight they will take you on shorter route. If you book a free ticket, they will take longer route
                        Last edited by lingua101; 24 September 2012, 01:24 PM.
                        visit my blog

Comment

• It is impossible to check waitlist status.
                          If you have a flight on waitlist, when you try to retrieve the booking, the website will ask you to CONFIRM which flight you want. But of course, since it is still on waitlist you can't!
                          Click any flights, and you will get "500 Internal Server Error".

You can't also get into the same booking to see your other confirmed flights.
                          \

Comment

• I'm not able to make a Retroactive Mileage Claim, keeps telling me to 'Try Again Later.'

Comment

• This afternoon, system is timing out before I can complete my booking

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                                This afternoon, system is timing out before I can complete my booking
                                I encountered that earlier this week...I then had a booking but not made payment. The website did not allow me to make payment online. Rang up the UK reservations number, got an agent from the subcontinent who insisted I contact somebody at ICN. Time at ICN was past midnight, so no go. Rang up the UK KF number, got a very helpful agent who managed to take payment in no time.
                                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                                X