No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night had to make a change to my redemption from SQ217 on 10th July to SQ227 on 13th July.

Website showed SQ227 on 13th July as available. So I quickly changed the dates.

But

Every time I click on "Continue" after selecting the date and flight, the website brings me back to SQ's homepage.

After 3 attempts with similar results, the 4th attempt showed an error message along the line of "unable to process your request. Try again later or contact local SQ office"

Called up the call centre and was told that the flight I'm selecting is waitlist.

Refreshed the webpage and I still see it as "Available".

Took a screenshot and emailed it in. Hopefully things will get sorted out.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
      Last night had to make a change to my redemption from SQ217 on 10th July to SQ227 on 13th July.

Website showed SQ227 on 13th July as available. So I quickly changed the dates.

But

Every time I click on "Continue" after selecting the date and flight, the website brings me back to SQ's homepage.

After 3 attempts with similar results, the 4th attempt showed an error message along the line of "unable to process your request. Try again later or contact local SQ office"

Called up the call centre and was told that the flight I'm selecting is waitlist.

Refreshed the webpage and I still see it as "Available".

Took a screenshot and emailed it in. Hopefully things will get sorted out.
      I had a similar issue last year and the year before for my own redemption bookings.

I hope they do really do sort this out this time, but after almost 4 years, I don't think they are so a*sed about addressing it anymore...
      Last edited by SQGamespeed; 19 January 2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Here's a new one. Trying to select BTC on a ticketed flight and I get this error

Please ensure the Assistance & Handling Waiver form has been downloaded to your computer.
        Download the Assistance & Handling Waiver form and present it during check-in
        Singapore Airlines reserves the right to deny boarding if there is any discrepancy in the information provided, or the relevant forms are not produced at check-in.

Comment

• This thread just won't die because it isn't fixed!!!

Trying to check-in. Log in to Krisflyer, proceed to OLCI, get to seat selection, change seats for first flight, go to change seat for connecting flight... Huge big warning message pops up over the whole page that my KF session has expired and I have to log in again. Log in again, go back to check-in again, have to change seat for the first flight again, change seat for second flight, click print boarding pass... Huge big warning message pops up over the whole page that my KF session has expired and I have to log in again. Log in again, go back to OLCI again, try to check in, dumps me back at KF log-in page. This happens three more times. Then an error that the website doesn't support multi-tab browsing (only one tab open). Then I eventually after several tries get to a page where I can print my boarding passes. As I'm doing so, I look up at the site banner and see that I'm not showing as logged in. Can't access any KF functions. I leave the page open a while- up pops a message that my session is about to expire. So I'm logged in, but I'm not logged in, then I am but can't do anything with it...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            This thread just won't die because it isn't fixed!!!

Trying to check-in. Log in to Krisflyer, proceed to OLCI, get to seat selection, change seats for first flight, go to change seat for connecting flight... Huge big warning message pops up over the whole page that my KF session has expired and I have to log in again. Log in again, go back to check-in again, have to change seat for the first flight again, change seat for second flight, click print boarding pass... Huge big warning message pops up over the whole page that my KF session has expired and I have to log in again. Log in again, go back to OLCI again, try to check in, dumps me back at KF log-in page. This happens three more times. Then an error that the website doesn't support multi-tab browsing (only one tab open). Then I eventually after several tries get to a page where I can print my boarding passes. As I'm doing so, I look up at the site banner and see that I'm not showing as logged in. Can't access any KF functions. I leave the page open a while- up pops a message that my session is about to expire. So I'm logged in, but I'm not logged in, then I am but can't do anything with it...
            I think SQ website has some problems with "cache" or "remnant data". I got kinda similar problems before and the key is to close the browser and re-log in again.

But I encounter this problem far less frequently on the PC and virtually all the time on the IOS SQ Mobile App. The "My Trips" info are ALWAYS out of date. For eg, after you've changed the date of a particular flight, the SQ Mobile App will still show the old date. No matter how I logout, and login again.

The only way to fix this problem is to delete the entire app and re-install again. This clears the cache data completely. Which of course, I do not have the patience to do ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
              I think SQ website has some problems with "cache" or "remnant data". I got kinda similar problems before and the key is to close the browser and re-log in again.

But I encounter this problem far less frequently on the PC and virtually all the time on the IOS SQ Mobile App. The "My Trips" info are ALWAYS out of date. For eg, after you've changed the date of a particular flight, the SQ Mobile App will still show the old date. No matter how I logout, and login again.

The only way to fix this problem is to delete the entire app and re-install again. This clears the cache data completely. Which of course, I do not have the patience to do ...
              I think this cache problem was also responsible for causing a KF number to automatically show up in the login section a few times on my Mac. The problem was that it was someone else's number. On my Mac, I have only ever entered the KF number for me, my mother, or my girlfriend. The random number matched none of those.

As for the Mobile App, I gave up on it long ago after deciding it was an even bigger clusterf**k than than the main website.

Comment

• I'm surprised that they haven't changed the site till date? Was it last year (or 2 years ago) that SQ's CEO mentioned that they are looking into going through another round of change?
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• I've deleted the app four times now, each after major rounds of bookings in order to get the information updated (need it sometimes for the odd mobile OLCI, or to check if waitlists have cleared).

Updates are something other companies can do correctly, but not the SQ mobile app provider, apparently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
                    Yeah did all of that. I was on my PC using Chrome as the browser. Completely shut it down and restarted, relogged and it just kept happening.

I've never used my iPhone to connect to the SQ website ever, either by browser or app. If they can't get PC browser protocol right, I have no faith in their app.

Comment

• They just come out with the beta interface on the website. Shall see how user friendly it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
                        They just come out with the beta interface on the website. Shall see how user friendly it is.
                        All of us have finally finished our role as alpha testers!

... After almost 4 years.

Comment

• Just booked a SQ flight, first time in a long time in Business. Everything worked!! OMG!

Comment

• Spoke too soon, I am trying to select meals and of 4 flights on 1 booking and 1 flight is missing. However its not for booking a seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              I've deleted the app four times now, each after major rounds of bookings in order to get the information updated (need it sometimes for the odd mobile OLCI, or to check if waitlists have cleared).

Updates are something other companies can do correctly, but not the SQ mobile app provider, apparently.
                              I've been having the same issues. The app doesn't update my bookings or remove cancelled/changed itineraries. It still shows all my bookings for May. On the landing page it shows my upcoming flight in the middle of May, that itinerary has since been canceled. After logging out of the app my "upcoming" flight for May 13 is still visible and I can even change seats.

Have tried deleting and reinstalling the app a couple of times with no luck.
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Looks like the website is down...

In the middle of the day to boot! They can't even get the crash page look professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X