No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seems now they charge $20 per change for M Class bookings (flexi saver that is valid for 21 days). Such a shame.

Comment

• I only discovered for the first time the other day that in order to chase missing miles from airlines other than SQ or MIni you need to print off a hard copy form, fill it in then email or fax it to them. Why can't we just fill a form in on the website with the ticket number and flight details like most (if not all ?) the other major carriers ?!.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        I only discovered for the first time the other day that in order to chase missing miles from airlines other than SQ or MIni you need to print off a hard copy form, fill it in then email or fax it to them. Why can't we just fill a form in on the website with the ticket number and flight details like most (if not all ?) the other major carriers ?!.
        It's ridiculous, IMO. They should accept email submissions if not an online web form. No more "sorry your faxed BP copy wasn't clear enough" nonsense if they'd accept emails with scanned copies.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          It's ridiculous, IMO. They should accept email submissions if not an online web form. No more "sorry your faxed BP copy wasn't clear enough" nonsense if they'd accept emails with scanned copies.
          I think they do accept emailed scanned copies.

Comment

• Calling SQfg... Your kind of fare!

BTW, note that the dumba**es still haven't gotten their page layout, button graphics, grammar or punctuation sorted...

Comment

• Don't ask me why, but this morning I recalled that the webiste was supposed to be upgraded... and relaunched last year...
              https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne130523.jsp

Comment

• Originally posted by Durian View Post
                Don't ask me why, but this morning I recalled that the webiste was supposed to be upgraded... and relaunched last year...
                https://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms...s/ne130523.jsp
                There is a disconnect between your statement and the press release you linked. It says nothing about an upgraded singaporeair.com, but some sort of internal IT platform that "will help staff across different touch points to more quickly understand a customer’s needs".

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                  Just saw this via Bloomberg. No detail but it's about time!!

Singapore Airlines to Introduce Redesigned Website Next Year
                  Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  “Be assured what happened then won’t happen again,” Goh said. “We learned our lesson very well.”

I hope we won't, but just in case we want to reference this quote next year under a new thread "Famous Last Words".

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                  Did Singapore Airlines CEO misinform the media that the 2011 website, plagued with issues have since been rectified?!

"That new design for the website will begin to be introduced sometime next year," added Mr Goh. The website's last major revamp in 2011 was riddled with technical problems, which the airline has since rectified.

- See more at: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news....qxgRerIk.dpuf

[Filler]
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• I noticed last week that two of my waitlisted redemption flights remain waitlisted when the online booking said that they became available.

Not the first time.

Seems like it is not an automatic function that once a seat is released, it is assigned first to those on waitlist but instead, it becomes available online for about 12hrs (before somebody notices it???) and then only is it offered to waitlisted passengers.

I managed to rebook one of such flights but another one was lost because I was too busy to do so and it got taken up during the "window" period.

I informed KF about this but they weren't able to help me resecure my lost flight and instead just thanked me for the useful feedback.

Comment

• The website just saved me $400+ of YQ (2 pax). SIN-SFO YQ is about $400 per pax if taking SQ2 or SQ16. If you select the SQ866+SQ2 combo (has a 6hr layover in HKG) it's $200+ per pax. Presumably it's because HK regulates YQ? Anyway, the combo will only show up in the website, not on the mobile site.

Comment

• I had a good one last week where when I logged on to my account it told me a booking that was still waitlisted was eligible for check-in!.

Comment

• i looked to book tickets for Athens from melb via singapore in august i done it with 2 days apart and i got a 400 dollar difference do the days u leave play a key to the price

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekLunatic View Post
                            i looked to book tickets for Athens from melb via singapore in august i done it with 2 days apart and i got a 400 dollar difference do the days u leave play a key to the price
                            Yes they can, although this far ahead I would have thought not.

Generally leaving MEL on a Tuesday or Wednesday can usually be cheaper than say Friday or Saturday.

It might also be the day you return that causes the difference. Flying back into MEL on a Saturday can sometimes be very expensive, especially SQ217.

The ATH flights could also be the issue- I have no idea how they are priced though as it's not a destination I fly to, but I imagine on certain days they might fill up fast with families.

Comment

• SQ 228 the flights i want to go on it says a few seats left. It does fill up due to Greeks from here in australia have been flying singapore to athens for years. We are like creatures of habit. I think i might go with the cheapest price

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekLunatic View Post
                                SQ 228 the flights i want to go on it says a few seats left. It does fill up due to Greeks from here in australia have been flying singapore to athens for years. We are like creatures of habit. I think i might go with the cheapest price
                                SQ228 is the busiest outbound flight from MEL.

Given the flight to ATH doesn't leave SIN until after 2:00, would you not consider SQ208 instead? The timing is very tight if your flight from SIN is before 1:30, but the connection to ATH would be fairly easy.

Comment

Working...
                                X