No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone successfully performed an one-way upgrade redemption on the "new" website? I am trying to do an one-way J to F upgrade via 'Manage My Booking --> Change Your Booking". The site insists that I must select both outbound and inbound flights for upgrade... Whereas I only want to upgrade one flight sector.

Is there any way to upgrade without calling KF call centre? ( I think I already know the answer: Call... But I am holding out some slightest hope...)

Comment

• Originally posted by StrataCruiser View Post
      Has anyone successfully performed an one-way upgrade redemption on the "new" website? I am trying to do an one-way J to F upgrade via 'Manage My Booking --> Change Your Booking". The site insists that I must select both outbound and inbound flights for upgrade... Whereas I only want to upgrade one flight sector.

Is there any way to upgrade without calling KF call centre? ( I think I already know the answer: Call... But I am holding out some slightest hope...)
      Still a hit or miss process, didn't get it to work properly on some of my bookings. Nonetheless, KF honored my 15% discount over the phone. No questions asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
        Still a hit or miss process, didn't get it to work properly on some of my bookings. Nonetheless, KF honored my 15% discount over the phone. No questions asked.
        Now when you call SQ, they start with a recorded message apologizing for the state of their website.

Got my booking issues sorted out after 2 phone calls - 15% discounts all honoured without question. Persons on phone were polite, apologetic and very helpful.

I had another issue sorted out via email and they phoned me to confirm as well as replying via email.

At least my Blood Pressure has settled somewhat.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
          At least my Blood Pressure has settled somewhat.
          Called KF call centre on Tuesday, had to wait for a call back. KF called back on Wednesday night... It seemed I was too late to score a J to F upgrade

Now, I am banished to the dog house for giving my partner a wedgie seat on 77A rather than a flatbed

Comment

• Has anyone successfully made a paid flight booking ( ie not redemption ) on the new website smoothly so far? In other words, login to KF, select flights, choose seats, paid with CC and then get the booking reflected correctly without hiccups.

Comment

• Yes. I have done 3 times this month. All 3 were fresh bookings, and I picked seats only after the transactions were through to prevent timing-out since the loading of each page is always slow.

After a bad experience last month, I call them whenever I want to shift dates.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
                Has anyone successfully made a paid flight booking ( ie not redemption ) on the new website smoothly so far? In other words, login to KF, select flights, choose seats, paid with CC and then get the booking reflected correctly without hiccups.
                Just this hour successfully booked paid ticket to JFK.

Could not BTC or select seat

Comment

• Originally posted by StrataCruiser View Post
                  Called KF call centre on Tuesday, had to wait for a call back. KF called back on Wednesday night... It seemed I was too late to score a J to F upgrade

Now, I am banished to the dog house for giving my partner a wedgie seat on 77A rather than a flatbed
                  In my case, I wanted an upgrade from Y to J saver but could not do so on the website till it was gone. When I called KF and explained the situation, they opened up a seat for me complete with 15% discount.

Perhaps you might like to try again?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    Just this hour successfully booked paid ticket to JFK.

Could not BTC or select seat
                    Strange... now I can suddenly do both for all my flights - redemption, upgrade, on-line and even those booked via agent.

Or at least, it appears as though I can do so (can't really tell till I am seated onboard, eh?)

Hmmm.... something finally done on website?

Comment

• I just tried and can't select seats on my redemption...

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
                        Has anyone successfully made a paid flight booking ( ie not redemption ) on the new website smoothly so far? In other words, login to KF, select flights, choose seats, paid with CC and then get the booking reflected correctly without hiccups.
                        yeap.. bought 2 paid tixs to TPE just over the weekend. no hiccups throughout the process which was a relief.

Comment

• Thanks guys for your feedback.

I just completed a booking for CGK<->SIN roundtrip on J on the new website. Went on smoothly. Can also select seats and BTC after ticket issued. But alas, still not 100% smooth. After selecting BTC, my seat selection for 1st sector is gone. Go figure...

Overall, not as bad as I thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                            In my case, I wanted an upgrade from Y to J saver but could not do so on the website till it was gone. When I called KF and explained the situation, they opened up a seat for me complete with 15% discount.

Perhaps you might like to try again?
                            I thought there is no discount for upgrades....
                            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• The latest update definitely doesn't play nice with Safari. The movie section seems extremely sparse. Pretty sure SQ still has quite a larger selection onboard.
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                                I thought there is no discount for upgrades....
                                Yes, there is.

Comment

Working...
                                X