No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still privacy issues present too. I just looked at LHs view of my next flight (as they do the first leg) and all my contact and fqt data showed someone from Japan. Checked on SQ website but they still can't display anything but flight times. When I gave them a call the confirmed that this Japanese data was present as well as my own data. They had no explanation how someone could "hijack" my booking.

Comment

• I am generally not in favour of euthanasia... but in this rather sad case, I think the most humane action would be for SQ to put the website to "sleep".

May this painfully diseased mess RIP.

Comment

• Not sure if we've discussed this but what happened to the 3 day price comparison view? I can't seem to get it to show me +/-3 days prices... would really help when I'm feeling particularly price sensitive!

Comment

• Not sure it's related to the "new" singaporeair.com or not.... but this never happened to me before the "new" site launched...
          This afternoon, I tried to cancel my offline redemption booking through the call center, and opted paying USD 30 for the cancellation fee.
          With this "new" system, the KF agent now will re-direct me to their automatic system for me to input my credit card number by punching the phone keys (previously, they would took my credit card number manually to process the cancellation).
          But, it was gone error... even when the agent tried to cancel it manually, she couldn't do it... She couldn't cancel my booking
          She apologized, and took my credit card detail manually, and said will escalate this problem to her supervisor and will contact me after she could cancel my booking.
          But until now, no news from her... and my booking still there...

Did the error on their system has spread from their website to their "offline" system?
          Last edited by Dent@SUB; 17 August 2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• I just spent 2hours booking a flight . Each time it failed at payment , saying that it's system error . I gave up . Will try again tomorrow .
            Aim High

Comment

• Originally posted by CHG89 View Post
              I just spent 2hours booking a flight . Each time it failed at payment , saying that it's system error . I gave up . Will try again tomorrow .
              The same thing happened to me, I gave up and booked Thai.

I may only be one person on one flight flying in economy, but it all adds up.

If the new CEO has the background and education that was reported on here, he should be sacked over this total and utter stuff up of a website, how could any person at his level allow this to go on for so long?

Comment

• It seems that SQ management has forgotten that we, the paying customers, have other alternatives to get to our destinations these days. I want to fly with SQ's 333 and 773, but looking at their overpriced airfare and problematic website, I guess I will have to wait for a while.

Comment

• Just try to booked, seem system still screwed. Will try tomorrow otherwise has to go for alternative.

Comment

• An update to my booking - I tried to book again and after payment , it went straight to home page and I am logged out of my kf account . No system error . I am confused but decided to log in again . I was surprised that I have duplicate bookings ( i can only assume yesterday booking was successful? ) Sq kindly cancelled my duplicate booking after I explained to them the frustration I had with my booking . But they are unable to stop payment . I will have to contact my bank to see what they can do for me . Sigh , more calls to follow.
                    Aim High

Comment

• If I were you I will INSIST that they settle the mess. It wasn't your fault. After all, we do pay a premium and so we do expect a lot from them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                        If I were you I will INSIST that they settle the mess. It wasn't your fault. After all, we do pay a premium and so we do expect a lot from them.
                        Yes, exercise your right. They have a way to stop it.
                        (did it before with UA due to mistake on my part, the request was handled immediately with email confirmation)

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ238 View Post
                          The same thing happened to me, I gave up and booked Thai.

I may only be one person on one flight flying in economy, but it all adds up.

If the new CEO has the background and education that was reported on here, he should be sacked over this total and utter stuff up of a website, how could any person at his level allow this to go on for so long?
                          There has to be a way for us to contact him and tell him that the website is still not working properly !!

And that we're giving up and booking elsewhere...

What airline company has stalled this long in fixing their problems?

What airline lists destinations in front of the obvious, ie Singapore, for checking say, Flight Status... and when I decided to test if the system is as sophisticated as it pretends to be, I put in just ... ABZ (Aberdeen) to HKG, the system says that they don't serve it.

Then why put in destinations that SQ does not fly there, or have a codeshare??

The SQ IT department has all gone on holiday...

MH's website is much more user friendlier..

Comment

• I have not used SQ for quite some time but when I purchase and perform OLCI in MI website, no problem at all.
                            Also, I use CX quite often n the website is quite usefriendly for me to purchase my ticket and perform OLCI

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              I am generally not in favour of euthanasia... but in this rather sad case, I think the most humane action would be for SQ to put the website to "sleep".

May this painfully diseased mess RIP.
                              Well said, what a horrible experience it is trying to use their new website. Where is "my booking" without having to go and search for your PNR references? I will be switching across to TG once I've redeemed my miles with them. And I've just found out my flight from BOM to SIN has been rescheduled 5hrs earlier without advising me while they've left my connecting SIN-MEL flight as it was. As such, I've been left with 9hrs in transit in SIN without my approval. Such arrogance. Someone from SQ is going to cop it from me on Monday morning.... I'm not a big spender but SQ won't be getting any more of my money

Comment

• Sh*t website

Who else is out there and finding their new website sh*t to use? No more simple retrieval of "my booking", no more simple viewing of your bookings and seat allocation. Their web designers have tried to be too fancy and it's backfired.

I am appalled that an airline like SQ has produced something so terrible and is such a bad experience. Coupled with an ineffictive call centre in India, it's the final straw and once I've redeemed my miles I am going across to TG.

I am so disappointed with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X