The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    I just tried to retrieve my next trip schedule which is booked by my corporate travel agent.

I got the following:
    Because you did not book on singaporeair.com, we require additional information to retrieve your booking

I really find this message is sooo stupid. The PNR is unique enough to retrieve a booking. And the last name is used to make sure it is the correct set. Old website can do with these 2 combinations, yet new website cannot retrieve. This is what they call enhancement ar?

to add more. After I add the departure and travel date, it retrieved the itinerary. I then select my meal. When I saved it. Again it prompt the same stupid window asking me the DEP Airport and DATE!!!!!

May be I should just fly CX
    to add this. i did not see my FF on that booking which the travel agent supplied to them. I tried to update it and I got "500 Internal Error" when I tried to save it.

If this is done by my project team, I will fire them as they do not even do proper Unit Test and Integration Test!!!
    visit my blog

Comment

• Can't select seats on the new SQ website?

Anyone experience the same thing?
      I tried everyday since last week.
      OMG this is terrible

Comment

• its been this way since the new site was introduced. i have a flight late july, and i really want to look at my seat options and all it tells me is to give SQ office a call.

crap.

Comment

• You can barely book a flight.

Comment

• We should consider ourselves lucky if it even loads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pascal View Post
              I tried to cancel an award ticket but recieved "Internal Server Error 500". I then tried to to change the booking and choose the option to cancel the booking and create a new one. Cancellation worked fine and the miles had been refunded immediately. However, the new booking was stuck in the system and I had to call SQ to re-book it.

I suggest to save yourself the hassle of using the website and just call SQ directly. If you use the website, there's probably a 95% chance you have to call SQ afterwards anyway in order to fix the mess.
              thanks for your information. i decided to cancel and miraculously everything went well and got refunded instantly.

then tried rebooking 1-ways sin-icn and icn-sin. pleasantly surprised to find that the icn-sin segments' taxes cost 50% less than the sin-icn! hehe.......

after a couple of glitches here and there, managed to finish the booking. *whew*

Comment

• Originally posted by flakingcorn View Post
                pleasantly surprised to find that the icn-sin segments' taxes cost 50% less than the sin-icn! hehe.......
                This has always been the case. Apparently they are not allowed to charge fuel surcharge if the flight is originating from ICN. Do a round trip booking SIN-ICN-SIN and you will find that the taxes will be also higher then booking SIN-ICN and ICN-SIN seperately.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  I just tried to retrieve my next trip schedule which is booked by my corporate travel agent.

I got the following:
                  Because you did not book on singaporeair.com, we require additional information to retrieve your booking

I really find this message is sooo stupid. The PNR is unique enough to retrieve a booking. And the last name is used to make sure it is the correct set. Old website can do with these 2 combinations, yet new website cannot retrieve. This is what they call enhancement ar?

to add more. After I add the departure and travel date, it retrieved the itinerary. I then select my meal. When I saved it. Again it prompt the same stupid window asking me the DEP Airport and DATE!!!!!

May be I should just fly CX
                  It has always been the case actually. And it is actually to protect you. Otherwise, people can just dump a PNR in and effectively change anyone's booking. It works like a credit card CVC code concept.

But that does not mean SQ's website is working as it should. By right, if your TA tickets the ticket with your KF number, the booking should appear on SQ. Even if you're flying on TG for example.
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• I tried to send my itinerary to my gmail account so tripit can pick it up, but almost 30 min has passed, no email received..... This web is really terrible....
                    visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by inix View Post
                      It has always been the case actually. And it is actually to protect you. Otherwise, people can just dump a PNR in and effectively change anyone's booking. It works like a credit card CVC code concept.
                      Not sure what you mean by "It has always been the case". If you are referring that I have to entered my last name, then I agree. But this is asking your depature city and date which I said stupid. Old website does not require that
                      visit my blog

Comment

• Found another bug, this time with retrospective milage claim. While using iPad, the website will not allow me to enter e-ticket number. My partner recently did a PVG-SIN the online check-in failed to capture his KF number on SQ flight. The check-in agent at PVG never bothered to enter the detail even with the KF card in front of him.

I hope the first class lounge staff in Changi can help us out when we pass thru this weekend.

Comment

• Have the press not got hold of this story yet? Even a small article??!

Comment

• Originally posted by dr gonzo View Post
                            Have the press not got hold of this story yet? Even a small article??!
                            Press yes, small article, yes but after all these are teething problems, and of course people are already finding to be better than before

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
                              Press yes, small article, yes but after all these are teething problems, and of course people are already finding to be better than before

perhaps rather than being so highly awarded this year as a result of this website if its not fixed completely they will be at the bottom of the table in some categories!

Comment

• On a POSITIVE note, I am liking the "My Travel History" function. Needless to say it's still buggy, but if and when it works properly it'll be nice. Basically tracks all SQ flights taken on one list, including redemption flights made via both KF and non-KF (BD, in my case).

Of course, another amateur bug being that they can't decide whether to call it "My Travel History" or "My Booking History", and end up using both on the same page...

Comment

Working...
                                X