The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Megatop View Post
    Office manager Jenny Kirton, 38, who had no problems when she went online to check some bookings, said: 'Of course, as with anything new, it will take some time to get used to the new set-up and look.'
    12 pages of rants on here from irate customers talking about how crap the site is, and the Straits Times manges to find a quote from someone who likes it, coincidentally after speaking to SQ's PR department for the same article.

Hope it doesn't take too long to 'get used to the new set-up and look',....'Jenny'.
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 27 May 2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• I think we're all being too harsh. I mean, i did get as far as the main page the other day, which is good isn't it? It has the logos and there's like a few words on the front page.

It's a start, and certainly Rome wasn't built in a day. The fact that you can't book tickets properly or check your Krisflyer mileage or change bookings is REALLY a trifling matter in the grand scheme of things. Singaporeair.com for now gives me a few nice pics and a nice new font which is good enough for me.

I've got 7 SQ bookings, including one for early next week I need to change, but my life would be boring without the little excitement of leaving things till the last minute. Bah, who needs seat assignments anyway? Roll the dice with lady luck. Sure, it may mean I end up in 56E for 14 hours, but i imagine that's still better than getting poked in the eye or run over by a bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I think we're all being too harsh. I mean, i did get as far as the main page the other day, which is good isn't it? It has the logos and there's like a few words on the front page.

It's a start, and certainly Rome wasn't built in a day. The fact that you can't book tickets properly or check your Krisflyer mileage or change bookings is REALLY a trifling matter in the grand scheme of things. Singaporeair.com for now gives me a few nice pics and a nice new font which is good enough for me.

I've got 7 SQ bookings, including one for early next week I need to change, but my life would be boring without the little excitement of leaving things till the last minute. Bah, who needs seat assignments anyway? Roll the dice with lady luck. Sure, it may mean I end up in 56E for 14 hours, but i imagine that's still better than getting poked in the eye or run over by a bus.
        anyway they are thinking to setup a low-cost carrier and they have already started by p[providing low-cost web site
        visit my blog

Comment

• Using the Straits Times to play things down makes them even worse. Everyone in town is talking about SQ - and not in a good way.

Comment

• Just visiting sq.com for the first time in many months and found the new booking interface. It is horrible. It is impossible to find information or manipulate the site. Worst of all is the stupid scrolling that freezes the banner and pricing information at the top of the screen and lets you see only half of one itinerary at a time on the bottom of the screen. The website is such a turnoff that I gave up and will book with another airline.

SQ listen up! Your website sucks and it is costing you customers. Pull your head out of the sand (or elsewhere) and fix the site.

Comment

• Can't understand why they have those blurry low resolution pdf images for seat maps. So amatuerish. Blerrkkk...

Comment

• Originally posted by Megatop View Post
                SIA spokesman Nicholas Ionides said the matter is being looked into.

'Some teething troubles are being encountered with our new website and we seek our customers' understanding as we work to rectify them,' he told The Straits Times yesterday.
                Dinosaur PR-speak, once again.

Funny to observe that whereas even the Singapore PAP have awoken to the zeitgeist, this ridiculous Temasek-owned company still behave like they own the world, and can ignore and talk down to customers.

Comment

• That PR 'abracadabra' that they are trying to pull off is so embarassing and sad that it is almost enraging. How dumb do they really think their customers are. 'Teething problems'??? WT*, has that guy tried to use the site and perform some of the standard tasks like flight booking (even the RT I tried yesterday could not be completed), mileage redemption, etc.?

Heck the thing takes 30-45sec to load on fast broadband connection. I would be much more forgiving and appreciative if they had apologized to their customers, said that the launch did not go as planned, admited that there are some significant functional issues that need sorting out and commited that they will work around the clock to get this fixed and sorted ASAP.

What's wrong with honesty that it is not considered? The time of PR spin doctors is over and the damage they do will just be greater in the end as trying to sell us this BS just makes one angry. Amateurs.

Comment

• I give up. Tried accessing just now - got this instead.

-----------

Error 404--Not Found
                    From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
                    10.4.5 404 Not Found
                    The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Comment

• Just a warning.

If you have an existing online booking and wish to modify the dates, don't do it online. Just call and make the date change.

I tried to modify online. The website hanged half way through. And the call centre had to delete that booking and replaced it with a new offline one. Offline booking means no more seat selection capability until check in time.

Very angry.
                      And I just sent a nasty feedback to them

Comment

• Even the farking phone service says my krisflyer number is invalid.

What a joke.

Comment

• I haven't bothered with the website for a couple of days, figuring it's best to leave it and let them (try to) sort it out.

I have just tried it again, and it seems to be loading quicker than the last time I tried. However, whereas before you could just log on and select 'My Bookings' to go bring all your future bookings up, that seems to have gone now and all you can do when you log in is view your miles earned and travel history. The only thing I can see to bring up my bookings is 'Retrieve booking', which now needs a booking reference or a ticket number!.

Am I missing something here, or have they actually made it more difficult to check your own bookings than it was before ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            ....However, whereas before you could just log on and select 'My Bookings' to go bring all your future bookings up, that seems to have gone now and all you can do when you log in is view your miles earned and travel history. The only thing I can see to bring up my bookings is 'Retrieve booking', which now needs a booking reference or a ticket number!...
                            I hope I didn't cause this!

"My Bookings" has never worked for me and I sent SQ a feedback regarding this issue 2 days ago. I hope it will come back soon and works.

Comment

• I just succeeded in booking a KUL-SIN-KUL flight online!

The website runs a bit slower as mentioned by many, there are more steps to reach the final payment page, but I am glad it went through without any single error.

I select my seat after completing the whole transaction, not before making the payment although such option is now available. Was worried of being 'timed out'.

'My Booking' is now not in the main menu, one has to click on 'Manage My Booking' in order to retrieve all the bookings. Earlier on I mentioned that special meal were not shown in the itinerary, it is now has been fixed - special meals are now appearing in the booking information.

2 emails for the booking confirmation were sent to my email. I hope this is not an indication of a double charging. Another email followed through for the confirmation of the seat selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                I haven't bothered with the website for a couple of days, figuring it's best to leave it and let them (try to) sort it out.

I have just tried it again, and it seems to be loading quicker than the last time I tried. However, whereas before you could just log on and select 'My Bookings' to go bring all your future bookings up, that seems to have gone now and all you can do when you log in is view your miles earned and travel history. The only thing I can see to bring up my bookings is 'Retrieve booking', which now needs a booking reference or a ticket number!.

Am I missing something here, or have they actually made it more difficult to check your own bookings than it was before ?.

For my case, the bookings are still listed in the homepage of the website when I login but now, I cannot view my seat selection made previously when the old site we still active, only the overall itinerary. And select seats still don't work. Clicking on individual booking ref just bring out all the upcoming flights. When click "Manage and View booking", it goes back to the home page. Also, despite viewing my bookings under my KF a/c, those bookings are listed as "frequent flyer program not provided".

Everyday bring new surprises and it's still full of bugs. Give up... I think I'll just call customer service and get them to email my itinerary again.

Comment

Working...
                                X