The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WLG Base View Post
    Has anyone transferred AMEX Membership Rewards Points to their KrisFlyer Account since the new website went live?
    I just made one that took 24 hours. All I need to do now is make a booking to use them up before they disappear in the middle of this clusterf*ck of a new website.

Comment

• Originally posted by benlee View Post
      Did the call centre still give you the 15% miles discount?
      Yes, she did.

By the way, I did another redemption booking last night and it took me almost 1 hour to complete the whole process. The website kept asking me to put in my Krisflyer number. Once that's done, the website would freeze and go back to the main page without my Krisflyer number. If ever I managed to get past the login page, I would have a problem with the flight search keep kicking me out and informed that that my session has been ended due to no activity.

Can we send SQ an award for coming up with the most improved website in terms of clusterf**k?

Originally posted by dzhsun View Post
      Yes, it was transferred within 2 business days.
      Mine also took 2 business days. I have also transferred my Citibank Visa Premier points and everything went surprisingly smooth. It seems this is the only function that work well from this new site.

Comment

• Tried booking flights on Sunday, all ok until payment screen then error message ?
        Tried payment again and card refused due to lack of funds, they took the payment on first try with error message.

So now Singapore airlines have taken almost £4k of my bank balance, no confirmation and no booking made

My view is this site should not be live these are more than just small bugs.

I have written to them to get the funds returned, also notified UK trading standards

Comment

• Originally posted by ozdude View Post
          They should have tested their little circle loading thing! It looks like an 8 bit grab from a 90s website.

Where are the frames?!
          hahah! the circle thing doesn't work on IE for me. i have to do online bookings on firefox.

Comment

• On accessing www.singaporeair.com today.

"We could not find the page you were looking for

The page you were looking for may have been removed, renamed or is temporarily unavailable.

Please contact us if you need assistance or would like to report the error."

I don't know whether to cheer or not.

Comment

• well i just online checkin for my tomorrow flight.

went smooth. no issue. just enter my pnr and my last name. the trip show up. the only complain not much seat choice leave... went quite smooth.

email and sms notification works....
              visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                well i just online checkin for my tomorrow flight.

went smooth. no issue. just enter my pnr and my last name. the trip show up. the only complain not much seat choice leave... went quite smooth.

email and sms notification works....
                you could access the seat selections?

Comment

• I went in to check the status of a waitlisted flight tonight and to my horror, ALL my flights - confirmed and waitlisted have vanished into thin air and no longer retrievable.

A second attempt to access the manage my bookings page left me with a few sentences in a foreign language on a blank page.

Is this a hint that I really should switch airlines?

Comment

• Originally posted by KC* View Post
                    I went in to check the status of a waitlisted flight tonight and to my horror, ALL my flights - confirmed and waitlisted have vanished into thin air and no longer retrievable.
                    I thought I am the only one with the problem. Trying to do OLCI just to find my bookings disappeared.

Comment

• Could not retrieve all my bookings (with IE browser)...
                      The system didn't recognize my bookings code or even the tickets number...

Tried again with Mozilla, and magically all my bookings were there...
                      They were retrievable....

Switched back again to IE.... and then they were magically disappeared again, non retrievable with any bookings code or tickets number....

This "not so new" website really drive me crazy...
                      Kudos for anyone who have designed it, you're so sophisticated... nothing can beat this website to make someone get a heart attack for a sudden disappearance of their booking....

Comment

• Just tried with Firefox. Now it can retrieve ONLY my SilkAir bookings.

I am going to bed. Hrummmppphh

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                          you could access the seat selections?

yes no issue.

but 1 thing i notice. the sms i received on my sg number is Sq name... but on my TW number is +44

but today when i checked in at the taoyuan airport. no frequent flyer number. my agent gave to them. i had it when i flew out of sg. i re-enter again when i checked in and choose seafood meal....

now it is all gone... and of course no seafood meal for me
                          visit my blog

Comment

+1
                            On SQ975 (J) then connect with SQ227 (R) today. Checked in Online with all our KF number and details... turned up at BKK to find our boarding passes (yes, my partner and mine) absent of any KF number, and had to get that re-issued.

When asked about our meal selection (Oriental Seafood on SQ975 and BTC: Lobster on SQ227), all disappeared!! NOT HAPPY!!!

I thought we are booked with SIA not AirAsiaX....

Comment

yes no issue.

but 1 thing i notice. the sms i received on my sg number is Sq name... but on my TW number is +44

but today when i checked in at the taoyuan airport. no frequent flyer number. my agent gave to them. i had it when i flew out of sg. i re-enter again when i checked in and choose seafood meal....

Still cannot select seats using the website!

Comment

• Originally posted by EdDalton View Post
                                Still cannot select seats using the website!
                                Did you book online or by calling SIA? They told me offline booking made on the phone are not entitled to access to online seat selection. And I'm getting the same thing "...please try again later or call...".

Comment

Working...
                                X