No announcement yet.

Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @zilchster: Thanks for info! They just credited the mileage from the flight there. Still waiting for the return flight. But my friend who was one the same flight as me still have yet to receive anything. heh.

Comment

• Anyone tried to request for retrospective mileage claim before? normally how long does it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by kelvinkezz View Post
        Anyone tried to request for retrospective mileage claim before? normally how long does it take?
        Standard wisdom seems to be that mileage retro-claims are quick and easy (via the Aegean website) if the miles haven't posted (or not posted, for the case of fare classes earning no miles in the other FF program) already to a partner's program. People who have ever had a LH FF number associated with their itinerary are having trouble with this as the old number seems to stick even through it was correctly changed before the flights and the A3 number prints on the boarding pass.

Comment

• Need some answers/help here.

Is it true that the tier miles e.g. the 20000 that count towards your Star Gold cannot be used for redemption?

When do the award miles outside the 20000 miles expire? One year?

Comment

• Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
            Standard wisdom seems to be that mileage retro-claims are quick and easy (via the Aegean website) if the miles haven't posted (or not posted, for the case of fare classes earning no miles in the other FF program) already to a partner's program. People who have ever had a LH FF number associated with their itinerary are having trouble with this as the old number seems to stick even through it was correctly changed before the flights and the A3 number prints on the boarding pass.
            I had a recent incident with Aegean and SQ that literally drove me mad. I did a SIN - CDG, LHR-SIN sector which was upgraded to J both ways with SQ miles. I tried to credit both flights to Aegean and it kept failing, and thus keeping me away from my *Gold status.

Ended up, I called Aegean and they told me SQ rejected the mileage claim saying I was on a mileage REDEMPTION and not upgrade. Hopping mad, I called SQ and they insisted otherwise. Eventually, I called Aegean, got everyone in the mail loop, and SQ somehow started realising it's their fault as Aegean plainly said in the mail (with SQ in full copy), that SQ simply rejected their request.

SQ quickly took it offline, and after another 1 1/2 weeks, all's well again.
            Life's A Bitch,
            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• It's a common occurrence actually, and it's been happening quite a while now:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...740#post174740

Comment

• hi Senior members of the team..

I have just join Aegean and have a few questions i hope to get an answer:

1. I have heard sqtalkers mention about double-dipping i.e. gaining status on one FFP and accumulating miles on the other. It just means flashing the Argean card for lounge access and crediting the miles say in TG ROP, that is it? How does this double-dipped exactly works?

2. Most sqtalkers are depositing their miles to TG ROP, do they represent good value compared to KF FFP? Perhaps i should do that after achieving Gold in A3. Is there any tips in the fastest way of gaining miles within the *A network, TG/LH?

3. How much miles are needed to retain A3 gold status? Does the A3 gold let you lounge access to SilverKris lounges worldwide? or only KFGold lounge? What kind of lounge access is available for those holding A3 gold?

Sorry if i have asked too many questions at one go...it just gets a bit lost sometimes while reading the whole thread...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
                  1. I have heard sqtalkers mention about double-dipping i.e. gaining status on one FFP and accumulating miles on the other. It just means flashing the Argean card for lounge access and crediting the miles say in TG ROP, that is it? How does this double-dipped exactly works?
                  Your understanding of double dipping is partially correct. Double dipping is to accumulate miles on one FFP while gaining PPS status. This works as PPS status is not based on miles flown but based on amount spent on SQ premium class fares.

Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
                  3. How much miles are needed to retain A3 gold status? Does the A3 gold let you lounge access to SilverKris lounges worldwide? or only KFGold lounge? What kind of lounge access is available for those holding A3 gold?
                  You get access to star alliance gold lounge worldwide when flying on any star alliance carrier. Some SKLs (or rather star alliance lounges) are *G lounges while others are not (like SKL in SIN / Thai C lounges in BKK are star alliance business class lounge).

Comment

• Originally posted by fone View Post
                    Your understanding of double dipping is partially correct. Double dipping is to accumulate miles on one FFP while gaining PPS status. This works as PPS status is not based on miles flown but based on amount spent on SQ premium class fares.
                    Thanks for your explanation! you mention in your previous posting on "2 FFP number fields, FQTS and FQTV", where are these fields situated? i will quote my A3 membership# in my *A flights from now onwards, i am not looking to PPS status anyway cos it just does not makes $$ sense in doing that.

Originally posted by fone View Post
                    You get access to star alliance gold lounge worldwide when flying on any star alliance carrier. Some SKLs (or rather star alliance lounges) are *G lounges while others are not (like SKL in SIN / Thai C lounges in BKK are star alliance business class lounge).
                    I should have known it works the same way as a *G card so stupid of me, thanks for helping out on this one.

Comment

Thanks for your explanation! you mention in your previous posting on "2 FFP number fields, FQTS and FQTV", where are these fields situated? i will quote my A3 membership# in my *A flights from now onwards, i am not looking to PPS status anyway cos it just does not makes $$ sense in doing that.
                      Since you are not going for PPS, it is generally not recommended to do so. Just show the card for the privileges and put only 1 FFP number on the ticket. Not all personnel from all airlines are competent with these fields, if available in other airlines. You would not want any mix up with the miles crediting. Reversing credited miles is troublesome and might not be possible for some airlines.

I've had it once when I flew UA, to have my UA status (for free economy plus seating) but crediting my miles to SQ. I had been changing the FFP field myself at the self help kiosks, but somehow that flight I opted for over-the-counter change instead.

The other time, I have a ticket that is slightly over the limit for A3 Gold, and would like to credit the shorter segments to UA, somehow they still credited to A3, which is the original FFP number in the reservation. These are short US-domestic hops, so I'm not putting in too much effort to get them reversed either. (Not sure if we are limited to crediting the entire ticket to one FFP only).

Comment

Since you are not going for PPS, it is generally not recommended to do so. Just show the card for the privileges and put only 1 FFP number on the ticket. Not all personnel from all airlines are competent with these fields, if available in other airlines. You would not want any mix up with the miles crediting. Reversing credited miles is troublesome and might not be possible for some airlines.

I've had it once when I flew UA, to have my UA status (for free economy plus seating) but crediting my miles to SQ. I had been changing the FFP field myself at the self help kiosks, but somehow that flight I opted for over-the-counter change instead.

The other time, I have a ticket that is slightly over the limit for A3 Gold, and would like to credit the shorter segments to UA, somehow they still credited to A3, which is the original FFP number in the reservation. These are short US-domestic hops, so I'm not putting in too much effort to get them reversed either. (Not sure if we are limited to crediting the entire ticket to one FFP only).
                        Thanks for the quick response! The sqtalkers really do count their miles to the last bit and ensuring they are credited to the right bucket. Normally i would just assume or credit the whole ticket to the same FFP.
                        Just curious on how you manage to credit differenet sectors to different FFP??

Comment

Just curious on how you manage to credit differenet sectors to different FFP??
                          Simple - DON'T put any FFP in the booking, then make individual claims later.

Unfortunately for most flyers i've seen, narcissism takes over. They want their "status" to show on the boarding passes in the faint and miniscule hope that somehow it gets them god-like treatment - and that's where things go wrong and mileage gets credited to wrong accounts.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Simple - DON'T put any FFP in the booking, then make individual claims later.

Unfortunately for most flyers i've seen, narcissism takes over. They want their "status" to show on the boarding passes in the faint and miniscule hope that somehow it gets them god-like treatment - and that's where things go wrong and mileage gets credited to wrong accounts.....
                            While I agree on not adding any FFP to the booking, it should be noted that A3 is a PITA when it comes to claims. I experienced it personally when trying to claim two TG segments and one was ignored whereas the other was rejected ("credited to another FFP")

Comment

• Just checked in for my ANA flight. They were unable to give *G benefits (priority tag and larger luggage allowance) without changing the FFP to A3. I had to go to the transfer desk to get the FFP reversed. Hopefully, the crediting of miles will turn out fine.

So showing of card might not work as previously stated.

Comment

Just checked in for my ANA flight. They were unable to give *G benefits (priority tag and larger luggage allowance) without changing the FFP to A3. I had to go to the transfer desk to get the FFP reversed. Hopefully, the crediting of miles will turn out fine.

So showing of card might not work as previously stated.
                                Thanks SQflyergirl and silverChris for your comments.

With regards to fone's experience above, it might really be a PITA if we have to add A3 to the FFP for every booking just to get the *G benefits. Let's try it out to other *A and see how it goes....

Comment

Working...
                                X