Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    You can do SIN-CGK-SIN on LH C class. A3 gives 200% mileages on LH C. That's enough to clock 2000 miles. Also there will be only 6 more weeks to fly LH B744.....
    Yes I know, thanks for that. Think it comes out as 2.2K mls or something like that and rates I checked were like 540SGD in Z. I don't care much whether its LH C on 747 or A343 so no issue. I will take the flight in late part of 1st half of 2012 only (got time till end Aug 2012) as I want the status to potentially go till 2015 if I can help it.

Comment

My experience so far with this has been excellent.

In early September, I signed up for an A3 FF account on line just before traveling JFK-FRA-MUC and MUN-FRA-ORD in business class using a Z class fare, 200% with1,000 mileage minimums for the domestic Germany sectors gave me 19,318 status miles, including the 1,000 mile welcome bonus. Everything credited promptly ase expected.

In early January I flew ORD-MSP on UA FC using a cheap A class fare. This was a Sunday night flight in the USA that credited in the middle of the business day on Wednesday. my account immediately showed *Gold, although of course I must wait to receive the card. I'm hoping that by delaying my last flight to aft the start of the year, I'll get another year on the status and card.

Unlike many, I have flown A3 to get to various Greek islands and I find them to be an excellent airline. They fly clean new aircraft that appear to be well maintained. Staff seem polite and customer service focused with more than adequate English styles. Most short flights serve hot meals with two choices IIRC on a tray in business class with quite interesting and acceptable Greek wines. The ATH lounge is quite nice, although of course not in the same class as those of top Asian carriers. An interesting feature is that IME one is offered a day of a small Hertz rental car with a domestic Greek business class ticket; with advance arrangements, the vehicle can be upgraded to an automatic transmission and the rental length can be extended with the customer paying the price difference.

Comment

I'm 251mls short of Gold on A3 and have been holding out exactly for the same reason to get (hopefully) and extra year of validity. I will add another short hop in the next few months.

Please be so kind and report back what the validity of your status on your A3 *G card is once you have received it. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          I'm 251mls short of Gold on A3 and have been holding out exactly for the same reason to get (hopefully) and extra year of validity. I will add another short hop in the next few months.

Please be so kind and report back what the validity of your status on your A3 *G card is once you have received it. Thanks.
          demue, i assume u collect 19,xxx in 2011? interesting to see if those miles can be carried over
          visit my blog

Comment

I just logged into my A3 membership page. Quite surprise I found a credited miles on my CGK-SIN trip which was on award ticket
            visit my blog

Comment

demue, i assume u collect 19,xxx in 2011? interesting to see if those miles can be carried over
              They operate on a membership year not a calendar year. I'm seeing my first miles expire in Aug 2012. Should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                They operate on a membership year not a calendar year. I'm seeing my first miles expire in Aug 2012. Should be fine.
                Yeah, i just check 12 months basis....

Just hoping A3 won't go bankrupt
                visit my blog

Comment

I just registered and realized something:

The 1000 bonus welcome miles seem to be listed under tier miles too

Does this mean one only needs an additional 3000 to reach *Silver?

Comment

I just logged into my A3 membership page. Quite surprise I found a credited miles on my CGK-SIN trip which was on award ticket
                    Lol, I might have already qualified with all my award flights!

Now I'm mixed with either putting my upcoming 17k miles to SQ or UA or A3. Have an upcoming award flight which would make up the 20k, if this is the norm. Actively look for MR of 2K miles to see if I can make the 20k miles this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      Does this mean one only needs an additional 3000 to reach *Silver?
                      That's right!

Comment

I tried using my Aegean miles earned from 1 RTW trip this week. After finding only Waitlist availability for my desired Apr date to Osaka on SQ J and being waitlisted for nearly 2 weeks on KF, I realised it's available to *A partners when I searched on ANA website.

I proceeded to fill up the online redemption form on Aegean website and I receive a callback from them the following day, which was 2 nights ago. Was on the phone for like 10 minutes and redemption was completed. I am rather delighted at Aegean's callback service, NO IDD charges for me!

The agent's accent was rather heavy and she keep quoting wrong figures but if you know your stuff well, it's easier to deal with them. For example, for 1-way ticket redemption, she kept repeating that the tax was 171.94 EUR, and when I asked her to breakdown the figures, which is 111.94 EUR for taxes and 20 EUR for award issuance fees, i had to repeatedly remind her that total chargeable amount was 131.94 EUR.

And when she said miles required was 21,500 for this redemption, I had to remind her that Round-trip was 42,000 miles for this category and hence for 1-way it should be 21,000 miles, afterwhich she realised her mistake.

Despite the blunders, the agent was polite and patient. And all I need to give was my credit card details to her and everything was done for me and an E-ticket was received shortly. Simplest redemption method for me ever!

P.S. Something interesting that you folks may want to know. I qualified for Gold after my SQ's RTW trip in August 2011. Though I received the card only in October which states the validity as until December 2014, I had used their Request for missing card option on their website just for the fun of it in January 2012 and I was sent a new replacement card stating my card is now valid till December 2015!

Comment

Yeah, i just check 12 months basis....

Just hoping A3 won't go bankrupt
                          post deleted
                          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I am going to sign on to A3 but have a few questions.

Once you hit 4,000 miles to get silver, but your qualifying flight is 5,000 miles, do they carry the balance over for Gold qualification?

And say you qualify for Gold in Jan 2012, the status starts counting down from then?

Did anyone have problems not having the card on hand when checking in or when needing to go to the lounge? Say you are flying EY but placed your miles into A3, but the card is not with you yet, how do you get pass the lounge dragons?

Thanks a bunch!
                            Have Passport Will Travel!

Comment

Originally posted by emperorsr View Post
                              I am going to sign on to A3 but have a few questions.

Once you hit 4,000 miles to get silver, but your qualifying flight is 5,000 miles, do they carry the balance over for Gold qualification?
                              Registering your membership already earns you 1000 status and award miles. So technically *S only calls for 3000 miles. The leftover miles (2000 miles) from your 5000 mile flight will be brought over towards qualification of *G. The 2000 miles will be valid for a year since you earned them.

And say you qualify for Gold in Jan 2012, the status starts counting down from then?
                              I'm sure the expiry date of the card will read 01/16

Did anyone have problems not having the card on hand when checking in or when needing to go to the lounge? Say you are flying EY but placed your miles into A3, but the card is not with you yet, how do you get pass the lounge dragons?

Thanks a bunch!
                              Nope. Just show them a printout of your status, whether it's the check-in staff or Lounge staff, I'm sure it will be just fine. Anyways it worked for me on LH's Senator Lounge in FRA it should work for you too.

Cheers!
                              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
                                Registering your membership already earns you 1000 status and award miles. So technically *S only calls for 3000 miles. The leftover miles (2000 miles) from your 5000 mile flight will be brought over towards qualification of *G. The 2000 miles will be valid for a year since you earned them.

Cheers!
                                Why *S for 3k? It is 4k, yes the 1k count as "tier" mileage
                                visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                                X