Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    demue, I reach my BLUE status in Feb-2011 and the GOLD in April-2011. Based on my case, it seems the logic is they will give you to the December of the 3 years (well dunno how to say). Like in my case. 2011 + 3 = 2014 then they extend it till December.

Technically you may have up to 47 months if you qualify in Jan. But it may take sometimes before you recieve the card (1-2 months)
    Thanks. I was thinking of something along the lines of what you said. I'm thinking about it for status only as qualifying early next year may get one status till end 2015 which would be way easier than putting miles into LH for SEN renewal until 02/15. Tempting even though one needs about 42K for a Biz redemption in Asia and should go to Japan for that to make it worth. I may just go up to 25K and use a redmeption in Eco.

I have *G until 02/13 at least so waiting for the card would not bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
      Thanks. I was thinking of something along the lines of what you said. I'm thinking about it for status only as qualifying early next year may get one status till end 2015 which would be way easier than putting miles into LH for SEN renewal until 02/15. Tempting even though one needs about 42K for a Biz redemption in Asia and should go to Japan for that to make it worth. I may just go up to 25K and use a redmeption in Eco.

I have *G until 02/13 at least so waiting for the card would not bother me.
      yeah i think in term of redemption, it may be worth-ed if you redeem from sin to taipei or beyond, which required you 25k.

to me the first 20k is like burning it to get the status I have 21k now and would keep it as it is for the time being. clocking to my ROP now
      visit my blog

Comment

But none of us likes to waste miles right? I can't have it to let them sit there and never do anything with them. It would drive me mad even though one could argue that it is the fee for the *G. Oh well, we will see. Thanks.

Comment

But none of us likes to waste miles right? I can't have it to let them sit there and never do anything with them. It would drive me mad even though one could argue that it is the fee for the *G. Oh well, we will see. Thanks.
          their greece domestic flight is only for 12,500 rt on economy.... may be one day you will go to greece?

i did not see any expiry date in my account. the statement feature does not work. so i pressume their mileage has no expiry date?
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            their greece domestic flight is only for 12,500 rt on economy.... may be one day you will go to greece?
            Not if I can avoid it Been there, done that. Some beautiful island and so forth no doubt, but the people are a huge bunch of whiners how hard life is and how unfair the government and that dreaded EU and then they collect 3-4K Euro pension a month and retire at 55. Yawn ...

Comment

i was thinking...since it's a flat 40k miles for round trip int'l Biz flight on Aegean... the furthest destination seems to be New York - damn worth it?

Although... the Biz class sounds like it's comparable to Jetstar's Biz

DURING YOUR FLIGHT
              Specially designed seats for more space within the aircraft

Empty middle seat in each row for more comfort

Complimentary newspapers

Complimentary welcome drink before take-off (champagne and juice)

Alcoholic drinks / aperitifs with nuts

Complimentary food tray with cold entree

Complimentary hot meal (two choices)

Warm towels (twice on each flight)

Complimentary liqueurs, cognac and chocolates
              Complimentary filter coffee, espresso or cappuccino

Range of Travel Value products available to purchase
              Last edited by ginkoka; 2 June 2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

just got my gold too! woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                  just got my gold too! woohoo!
                  Congrats. What is the validity if you don't mind sharing?

Comment

hey guys I'm thinking to get A3 *A Gold Status because I only need 16,000 miles to reach *A Gold Status (its easy for me only one time Round trip between USA-SE Asia).. Is the Gold status valid for 1 year or 2 years?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
                      hey guys I'm thinking to get A3 *A Gold Status because I only need 16,000 miles to reach *A Gold Status (its easy for me only one time Round trip between USA-SE Asia).. Is the Gold status valid for 1 year or 2 years?

Thanks
                      It's 3 years from attainment.

And apparently there is NO EXPIRY to miles accrued except for status miles as long as your account is active.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ_fanatic View Post
                        It's 3 years from attainment.

And apparently there is NO EXPIRY to miles accrued except for status miles as long as your account is active.
                        Wow that long 3 years, I think this is the best way (fastest way) to reach star gold status and the longest status level..

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Formzs View Post
                          Wow that long 3 years, I think this is the best way (fastest way) to reach star gold status and the longest status level..

Thank you
                          to be exact december of the 3 years from you obtain it.

if you obtain it in jun-2011, it will be valid until dec-2014.

i remember you fly with TG right? why don't you try to get TG Gold? It is 50K. I think they will treat you better
                          visit my blog

Comment

how do i check it online? i haven't received the card, of course.

Congrats. What is the validity if you don't mind sharing?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                              how do i check it online? i haven't received the card, of course.
                              It will not show online. If I'm not wrong, based on the trend, yours will be valid till Dec 2014.

Comment

No rush, would appreciate if you could update me once your card has arrived. I just wnat to see more evidence that they ar estill very generous with the validity before putting miles on A3. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X