Avianca Lifemiles Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    Not sure for TA but in the BD days, the infant ticket would be part of the parents ticket at time of booking but infant ticket is 0 miles as with quite a few *A carriers (SQ is NOT one of them). You only pay for tax/surcharges.
    Thanks for the info. Will probably call Asiana's Singapore office to see how to proceed further.

Comment

You should call TA rather than OZ as TA would be the issuing airline

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
        You should call TA rather than OZ as TA would be the issuing airline
        Noted. Will be contacting them later.

Comment

Did not read the fine print that the 100% bonus is only for accounts registered before 3rd Sep. Well guess will do it for the next promo then.

Comment

Sorry managed to contact them through online chat.
            Last edited by GLAM82; 8 September 2012, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              Must it be done online? My desired routing can only be done via the call centre.
              If your desired routing is legal but doesn't show up on the online tool, give them a call. It makes no difference if it's for you or anyone else

Comment

Finally managed to get my itinerary booked and even without the 100% bonus it still made sense.

Just to update that when I checked with TA with regards to the infant ticket, they told me that their system only allows adult bookings so I would have to get an adult ticket for my 5 month old daughter. I called OZ to see if I could buy an infant ticket separately for an adult redemption and they told me it was possible. As such I redeemed 3 tickets through TA and bought an infant ticket separately from OZ.
                Last edited by GLAM82; 8 September 2012, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  If your desired routing is legal but doesn't show up on the online tool, give them a call. It makes no difference if it's for you or anyone else
                  Totally legal - just that the connecting time is longish so the website doesn't consider that as an option.

Gracias!

Comment

After a dozen experimental phone calls to both Avianca and TACA, I can conclude that:

1) If you want to book a more creative routing (e.g HND-HKG-BKK-KUL), chances are, the agent will get a bit confused. It seems they just punch in HND - KUL and wait for the results, then you have to tell them your desired routing.

2) Avianca agents won't go out our their way to suit your needs. "The system shows direct flight. You must take this one or you make separate booking".

3) No definitive rules on stopovers. You might be told: No stopover even for RT/One stopover for RT/One stopover for OW.

4) If you're a person without a whole lot of patience, please avoid calling. Holding times to be served aren't usually long, but it's the booking process which takes forever. Especially when they get down to calculating the taxes. "System no respond, wait 2 minutes por favour" (repeated 5 times).

5) If you happen to get Anna or Daniel on the line, you're better off hanging up and trying again later. They do things as they please.

Comment

After a dozen experimental phone calls to both Avianca and TACA, I can conclude that:

1) If you want to book a more creative routing (e.g HND-HKG-BKK-KUL), chances are, the agent will get a bit confused. It seems they just punch in HND - KUL and wait for the results, then you have to tell them your desired routing.

2) Avianca agents won't go out our their way to suit your needs. "The system shows direct flight. You must take this one or you make separate booking".

3) No definitive rules on stopovers. You might be told: No stopover even for RT/One stopover for RT/One stopover for OW.

4) If you're a person without a whole lot of patience, please avoid calling. Holding times to be served aren't usually long, but it's the booking process which takes forever. Especially when they get down to calculating the taxes. "System no respond, wait 2 minutes por favour" (repeated 5 times).

5) If you happen to get Anna or Daniel on the line, you're better off hanging up and trying again later. They do things as they please.
                      And we complained about the BD ICC...... oh how i miss them

YO MAN PAX

Comment

Would the experience be better if you had a Spanish speaker booking your ticket?
                        HUGE AL

Comment

I had a Daniel once at BD... maybe he's switched allegiances

Too funny, seriously... as soon as BD goes down TA takes up the mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Too funny, seriously... as soon as BD goes down TA takes up the mantle
                            That's a price to pay for such incredible value, I suppose

To be fair they do have a website that works (ahem, SQ..). But as I'm rather picky with the sectors I don't really have a choice.

At least the calls are free thanks to Google Voice!

Comment

at least for relatively simple routings the website is quite good. At least it's an option, where it certainly wasn't at BD for *A bookings.
                              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

TBH, for point to point bookings, the website is really great. Most certainly better than SQ isn't it
                                Life's A Bitch,
                                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                                X