• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -deleted-
    Last edited by CarbonMan; 28 March 2014, 12:24 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Comment

• Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
      Someone trying to fly the plane to Australia instead of Beijing.
      If that is true, the sexist in me says it must have been a woman driver with no sense of direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        If that is true, the sexist in me says it must have been a woman driver with no sense of direction.
        Too early..........

Comment

The plane turn its direction. So is a matter of time to determine why this happen.

Lets hope the black box is located sooner to answer this.

Comment

• Waiting for the penny to drop that Cockpit Voice Recorders run on 2 hour loops. Other flight data will hopefully be preserved, but we will likely never hear what took place in the cockpit at the critical point when the aircraft changed course.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              Waiting for the penny to drop that Cockpit Voice Recorders run on 2 hour loops. Other flight data will hopefully be preserved, but we will likely never hear what took place in the cockpit at the critical point when the aircraft changed course.
              I think it would still be useful to know i) if the pilots were still alive in the cockpit and ii) if they were, what were they doing/not doing. That should at least help with ascertaining the motive.

Comment

I think it would still be useful to know i) if the pilots were still alive in the cockpit and ii) if they were, what were they doing/not doing. That should at least help with ascertaining the motive.
                Sure at this point ANY info would help immensely. Just saying that the CVRs will yield less than the general public will expect, even if ever found...

Comment

• Haven't thought this through but someone I was having a discussion with brought up the following question:

Could it be asylum seekers that couldn't get a visa for Australia?
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    Waiting for the penny to drop that Cockpit Voice Recorders run on 2 hour loops. Other flight data will hopefully be preserved, but we will likely never hear what took place in the cockpit at the critical point when the aircraft changed course.
                    I am not a techie but was wondering if the whole notion of a "black-box" is outdated.

Surely we now have technology to transmit all the data normally captured via satellite to a remote location?

I mean, if we can have broadband internet access from a plane - that should be enough bandwidth to even stream life or time delayed cockpit video, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                      Seriously ?.

I suppose it's as good as some of the other theories that have been suggested in the last few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        Seriously ?.

I suppose it's as good as some of the other theories that have been suggested in the last few weeks.
                        Like alien abductions and meteorites?

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                          Haven't thought this through but someone I was having a discussion with brought up the following question:

Seriously?

So they get their ATC waypoints correct between IGARI and the Straits of Malacca, then end up 2500km off Perth?

And wouldn't you just highjack an Australian-bound flight??

Comment

• Although the theory does sound a little farfetched it has happened before with Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961

And wouldn't you just highjack an Australian-bound flight??
                            The hijacker wouldn't be able to board an Australian bound flight without a Visa. Could be an issue for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                              Although the theory does sound a little farfetched it has happened before with Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961

The hijacker wouldn't be able to board an Australian bound flight without a Visa. Could be an issue for them.
                              I remember the ET 961 hijacking in the news, and the hijackers demanded the plane to be flown to Australia. It was further revealed that the hijackers WERE indeed asylum seekers. Thankfully that one had some survivors as it was caught on tape crashing near a beach, and rescue efforts started right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                Although the theory does sound a little farfetched it has happened before with Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961

No sure if he will success by using politic as a reason ?

Comment

Working...
                                X