• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    SQ LPP: MacBook Pro - Style points level up
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post

I took this photo from the J lavatories of this object - SQ LPP also has this item in one of the photos...

I had no idea what it was, however, so if anyone can please enlighten?! Was it for putting orchids or something in? I am sure there's a really simple (and obvious) answer.. but it eludes me currently!
      It's for orchids.

*With Permission*

Comment

• It all looks very fresh, new, well designed, good seats, bright, etc etc.

I really look forward to travelling on it sometime soon!

PS. The photographs were all very good too - should see if SQ wants them for promotional photos

Comment

• Thank you all for your fantastic photos - especially to you SQ LPP for those pics of the Economy class seats, more specifically this one

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          However, I am (well moreso now) confused

Okay I have a 5G iPod; and I was really looking forward to using it through KrisWorld should I venture off to Brisbane this coming May or June. Now these sockets (sort of) make sense (well the the componsite connector, and the USB port, but no idea the middle (yellow encircled) one).

Now I thought, all I needed was my regular dock connector to my iPod with the USB head? Or do I need to purchase http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 to enable both iPod video and music functions? [i doubt it but i thought i would ask anyways] Furthermore, do you know what that toggle switch does in this picture? (it goes between AV input and iPod)
          I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
            *With Permission*
            Nice to see someone ask before using someone else's photograph.

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
              Thank you all for your fantastic photos - especially to you SQ LPP for those pics of the Economy class seats, more specifically this one

However, I am (well moreso now) confused

Okay I have a 5G iPod; and I was really looking forward to using it through KrisWorld should I venture off to Brisbane this coming May or June. Now these sockets (sort of) make sense (well the the componsite connector, and the USB port, but no idea the middle (yellow encircled) one).

Now I thought, all I needed was my regular dock connector to my iPod with the USB head? Or do I need to purchase http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 to enable both iPod video and music functions? [i doubt it but i thought i would ask anyways] Furthermore, do you know what that toggle switch does in this picture? (it goes between AV input and iPod)
              You can not use the connector what you have right now. I have the one that as USB head for my sync between iPod and my mac. The USB on the seat is strictly as USB data.
              The i-Pod connector has to be plugged into the yelow color area, where the plug is pin-type. The crew will have these type of connector to be used on board. Presumably it will be a scare commodity in the flight if many pax wants to use the iPod. But again, the cd selection on this newest IFE system on A330 is pretty amazing.

The on and off switch I believe is for turning on and off the audio plug.

Comment

• Originally posted by kras View Post
                Damn! Looks like I'm a bit late now... they seem to have been taken already (someone must be reading this!)

I was at SKL and the staff checked the load for SQ255. It seems still not full yet. 12HK are still opened, as well as 12CD, 14H, 15H, 16DG.

Comment

You can not use the connector what you have right now. I have the one that as USB head for my sync between iPod and my mac. The USB on the seat is strictly as USB data.
                  The i-Pod connector has to be plugged into the yelow color area, where the plug is pin-type. The crew will have these type of connector to be used on board. Presumably it will be a scare commodity in the flight if many pax wants to use the iPod. But again, the cd selection on this newest IFE system on A330 is pretty amazing.

I'm not sure if SQ uses the same adapter UA uses, but it sure looks very similar.
                  http://www.dutyfreeunited.com/produc...hp?product=460

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up. While I havent seen the new selection, I don't disagree that it isnt vast and extensive, dollars to donuts it doesn't have the music I enjoy. Furthermore, when video is fully supported (or something like that), I have the entire series of Corner Gas on my iPod, as well as a whole bunch of South Park Episodes (hmm, maybe the entire series lol)

Whats really funny is that the connector looks like an PS/2 type connector. In fact, the head reminds of me of how Apple used to have their mouse and keyboard connected to the computer. I'm talking about pre-iMac days (you know the funky coloured ones), like the Macintosh Classic, LC, or LCII, or Performa series, Power Macintosh series (and subsequent splinter Apple's that started before going bust), and the Macintosh Duo series..man that takes me back lol

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                    I'm not sure if SQ uses the same adapter UA uses, but it sure looks very similar.
                    http://www.dutyfreeunited.com/produc...hp?product=460
                    Thanks for the link! Thanks to that picture, I was able to backtrack to the following websites describing (in moderately good detail) of how exactly this system works:

Start Here: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/ru...f-panason.html

then read this one: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/ru...-down-the.html

which will allow you to access the following pdf: http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/ru...0Datasheet.pdf

However I guess now I will have to flash my iPod with the latest firmware (most likely)...however before I can do so, I need to find a program to re-import all my music and videos lol (they exist, just need to clear up some space on my desktop)
                    I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Unfortunately, with this short training flight, it might be possible that the cable connector is not available on board. But looking at the info leaflet in the seat pocket, it was from A345 leaflet. Thus, if anyone here takes the ULH A345, he/she can take pictures of the cable connector.

Note: Thank you to the MODs who kindly updates the title of this thread.

Comment

• Comment

• The view of the wings from the emex window while parked at the Gate E3 at CGK.

Comment

The view of the wings from the emex window while parked at the Gate E3 at CGK.
                            Have they changed gates at CGK ?. They normally use the gate right around to the far right hand side don't they ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Have they changed gates at CGK ?. They normally use the gate right around to the far right hand side don't they ?.
                              I know most of SQ flight will depart from D gates near Esplanade Lounge. But I remember last year, I took 958 and arrived at E gate.

Comment

• IIRC SQ958/959 are the only SQ flights that almost always use an E gate. The rest of the flights uses D gates.
                                Last edited by StarG; 18 February 2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X