SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
    - SQ finally allows the "Screen Off" option on the IFE. On the 77W and A380, the only way to turn the screen off is to press the button for audio.
    For newer aircraft on 77W and A380, with the latest version of EX2, the screen off is available, as shown here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Unfortunately, with this short training flight, it might be possible that the cable connector is not available on board. But looking at the info leaflet in the seat pocket, it was from A345 leaflet. Thus, if anyone here takes the ULH A345, he/she can take pictures of the cable connector.

Note: Thank you to the MODs who kindly updates the title of this thread.
      The iPod cable connector called eXport smart cable should be available from the crew. It is the same one as posted by kkjay77
      Last edited by singaporu_kooku; 22 February 2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
        The iPod cable connector called eXport smart cable should be available from the crew. It is the same one as posted by kkjay77
        Yes, it's my understanding the cable should be available from the crew.
        But the flight that I took was SIN-KUL-SIN which was very very short, even for 75 minutes flight time SIN-CGK-SIN, it would be a rush to collect back the cable by the crew. Definitely will ask for one when we all do SQ255 on 30th of March.

But, can we buy that sort of thing at Changi right? Thus, we don't need to rely on SQ to provide it, just in case of a high demand. Plus, it's good to have it when taking lots of SQ flights!

Comment

• Just took this flight today, am happy to report it was the STA. The landing was a bit rough but not sure if it was the plane, the pilot, or the airport. Sat in Y today so looking forward to trying the C on inaugural.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
            Just to add some more observations:

- Row 38 (Emergency Y) actually has windows.
            Hi UMD,
            As far as I remember, row 38 is not an emergency row. Is it a typo? I mean you are thinking of row 48 emex seat?

Comment

Hi UMD,
              As far as I remember, row 38 is not an emergency row. Is it a typo? I mean you are thinking of row 48 emex seat?

Thanks for the correction....It was Row 48 that I referred to. As shown on your pictures, it does have windows.

Comment

For newer aircraft on 77W and A380, with the latest version of EX2, the screen off is available, as shown here.

Thank you for pointing this out as well. I always assume that it was not possible based on my first few experiences on 77W and 380. However, this time I noticed it because of these 2 small icons on the main screen without the need to go to Settings.

Comment

• SQ also re-introduces the old style cup in the new business class style pattern for A330.

Comment

• Can I use PS3 on 333?

Comment

• Originally posted by AC 777-200LR View Post
                      Can I use PS3 on 333?
                      That would be nice but I don't think it even supports Playstation 1!

Comment

• Actually I think it just might, considering it has an AV input (the yellow, white, and red plugs). Now if we can just bring an airplane DC to AC converter for the power supply...

Comment

• Actually, the power supply is already AC, although there's no knowing whether the power-hungry PS3 will actually be able to run off the power supply.

Might be quite tricky to explain to the flight attendant, though!

Comment

Plan:

Drinks at the Post Bar - Fullerton Hotel
                            Just an update. At the moment, this drink meeting might be changed to a high tea instead. Sounds lovely, I must say.

And yes, a reminder, DeltaFlyingProf, are you joining the first flight? Make sure you get row 11, far away from my seat! (Of course, row 11 is the best choice for you!)

Comment

• High Tea at Raffles Hotel, Sunday 29th of March 2009 at 1530

Comment

• I'm flying on the 333 on the 21st of March KL.
                                The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Working...
                                X