LHR T5 opening day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
    Security now has an extra check for pax going to UK destinations including a compulsory photograph that they check at the gate. Don't know why.
    Domestic and international pax mix in T5 (like LGW). There's no immigration at domestic destinations and as such, they need to ensure that an international transit pax arriving at LHR doesn't take a domestic flight (intentionally or otherwise) without first clearing immigration.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post

Security now has an extra check for pax going to UK destinations including a compulsory photograph that they check at the gate. Don't know why.

Howard
      I don't know the logic either.

I did T3 to T5 to connect to a UK domestic. If I left at T5, I could have used IRIS and consequently no queue. However, to get on the domestioc flight, I was photography and also had to clear immigration. Why not just install IRIS booths?

Comment

I think I am going to take the Eurostar from Paris to London and just forfeit my cheap BA flights from CDG to LHR.

Thoughts? I really don't want to miss my flight back to SIN - SYD and travelling knowing my baggage is coming too is great..

Comment

Originally posted by Derek View Post
          I think I am going to take the Eurostar from Paris to London and just forfeit my cheap BA flights from CDG to LHR.

Thoughts? I really don't want to miss my flight back to SIN - SYD and travelling knowing my baggage is coming too is great..
          That's what I would suggest if your flight is anytime in the next couple of weeks. If I can help it, I'm not getting near T5 until after April. (My business trips have already earned me Carte Blanche status on Eurostar. )
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
          X