X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
    LMAO

If you only knew the truth!
    Please don't disabuse me of my illusions (if they are illusions). We all need a little fantasy in our lives.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Ooops, sorry about that. Halo back on!

Last edited by Peter11; 11 December 2006, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• the new economy looks great, but i do wish that they kept the original purple and blue color. it just gave the cabin more warmth, and it really blend into the blue kebaya.

Comment

• Just remembered this: did they ever introduce the bowties for the males FAs? I just remembered that it caused a big hubbub on TOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
            Just remembered this: did they ever introduce the bowties for the males FAs? I just remembered that it caused a big hubbub on TOF.
            Hmmmm I have a picture of a male FA making my bed, but you can't see what he's got under his chin!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Please don't disabuse me of my illusions (if they are illusions). We all need a little fantasy in our lives.
              Talking about fantasy, mine had not been fulfilled yet. Still waiting for the reward.

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
              Hmmmm I have a picture of a male FA making my bed, but you can't see what he's got under his chin!
              Making out in bed?
              Hmm am I having double vision again?

Comment

• Back to my story

UA 914 left the gate on time. It was a short ride to Paris - less than 7 hours. Uneventful, I must say. The only noticeable thing was the announcement mat by the purser that this flight was the last flight for the pilot before retiring. His wife and daughter were accompanying him. The wife was seated in 2F, but was asked to move to 3F which was broken, i.e. can't recline properly, and the pax was upset.

Arrived at CDG at Satellite 2. I followed the sign "Correspondence Transfer" and led me to the bus ride to the terminal where SQ will depart which is in Satellite 5. So no need to clear immigration. But the wait for the bus was a bit too long. And no escalator, those have two carry up and down the stairs.
                SQ counter was not opened yet. Found BMI lounge. And waited there since 7am.

A few connecting pax were there. The lounge agent seems to be familiar with the situation. She said that the SQ counter would be opened after 9:30am and usually SQ will call the lounge to let the pax know. The lounge was empty. No espresso machine. Just two big coffee brewer. Some biscuits, and limited soft drinks and alcohol. Around 9:30 there was a table set up for some breakfast pastries, sandwiches, and some fruits, with a sign says for SQ 334 pax only.

There was a paid wifi, but it's expensive I must say. But what can you do when you do need to be on line. It seems once again there is a shortage in hotel rooms in Singapore this Tuesday. Still could not find anything until boarding time. Got the sad news as well about my distant cousin's mother passed away in Jakarta.

SQFlyerGirl appeared at the lounge after her arrival on BD flight from LHR. But she left immediately to claim her check-in bags. After all, she needs her make up bag for the flight, doesn't she?

Around 10am, the lounge agent told me that I could go to the SQ counter for my BP. She suggested me to leave my personal belongings at the lounge, except the passport and tix. Good advice since I had to pass to the security line. Got my BP from an unfriendly face agent. She even did not put a sticker on my BP. (Hmm I am a big PITA, right?) Well at least SQFlyerGirl noticed the missing sticker right away. ha ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  Just remembered this: did they ever introduce the bowties for the males FAs? I just remembered that it caused a big hubbub on TOF.
                  I got it confirmed. No bow ties yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                    I have a pic of a female SQ FA IN my bed.... is it the same?!?!?

Luke

oppps.... just realized it's only a dream
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      I have a pic of a female SQ FA IN my bed.... is it the same?!?!?

Luke

oppps.... just realized it's only a dream
                      Darn. I was about to ask you to post the picture.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        Around 9:30 there was a table set up for some breakfast pastries, sandwiches, and some fruits, with a sign says for SQ 334 pax only.
                        Yes, very strange. First time i've seen something like that. No one seemed to be watching though, as I picked up a roll to eat and wasn't asked for my BP to prove i was an SQ pax.

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                        There was a paid wifi, but it's expensive I must say. But what can you do when you do need to be on line.
                        It's a rip off at 10 euros an hour. Outrageous.

SQFlyerGirl appeared at the lounge after her arrival on BD flight from LHR. But she left immediately to claim her check-in bags. After all, she needs her make up bag for the flight, doesn't she?
                        Yes yes........... definitely need it

Well at least SQFlyerGirl noticed the missing sticker right away. ha ha ha
                        Yes, well I gave you one but you did not want to stick it on your BP

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                          I got it confirmed. No bow ties yet.
                          I thought NO BOW TIES period
                          I, for one, do not like bow ties. Not all guys look good in bowties. So a regular tie would be a safe bet.

Note: I rarely wear tie. I guess I am not the right person to give opinion about tie.

Comment

• hey DeltaFlyingProf,

where is the pix of me with CGK sitting in the F seat next to you?

Comment

• Additional observations for 77W in F

1. As I mentioned earlier, without the overhead bin, the new F in 77W is not too friendly for the carry-on bagger like me who has two carry-on always. My Tumi rollaborad and the tote bag are not fit together underneath the area in front of the seat. F pax should be a light traveler, I think.

2. The closet in the F cabin is very small. If all 8 pax have the suits/jackets to be stored there, I don't think it will fit there.

3. Anyone looking for a cup inside the lav, it's a bit hidden underneath the cabinet for those towels/tissue. While taking SQ334, I did not see any, but I guess I did not search hard enough.

Other things that I may have missed mentioning previously:
                              - The suede sleepers was not loaded. (Well I am packing here, and I see that eyeshade in J class now it's different)

- Flight map. It was working on SQ334 but with the wrong flight time etc. But on my SQ333 yesterday, the flight map is completely blank.

- I must have not awaken yet that morning before landing at CDG, or else I have had my hangover already. A little birdie told me that I was not having cappuccino the second time during breakfast. It was just a regular coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by plkong View Post
                                where is the pix of me with CGK sitting in the F seat next to you?
                                It is on post #126.
                                http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=126

Comment

Working...
                                X