SQ A380 - C Class Trip Report, SQ 220 - SKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    I don't go for Diet Coke anymore these days. I go for Coke Zero.
    You have been flying CX too much!

Comment

Great TR. Loving the shots of the Big Toilet!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        You have been flying CX too much!
        so true though. coke zero is great.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

as long as the ice isn't on the leading edge of the wing it should be ok, maybe the de-icing system hasn't been perfected yet

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            I noticed this on my flight 2 weeks ago and I noticed it again this time. Should we be concerned or is it normal? I never paid too much attention to any aircraft wings before but it seemed strange.

The ice now turned into water moisture as we decent further towards SYD.
            Frost do form on the plane once in a while during the flight but as you have correctly observed, it will disintegrate as the plane descends. There is no concern unless snow/ice is formed on the wings on ground just before take off.

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
            as long as the ice isn't on the leading edge of the wing it should be ok, maybe the de-icing system hasn't been perfected yet

Comment

"SQ is meant for perfection" quote by CGK

Well the 'perfect' service would have no self help bar area at all. Perfect service is service by staff, not having to help yourself! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by david747 View Post
                "SQ is meant for perfection" quote by CGK

Well the 'perfect' service would have no self help bar area at all. Perfect service is service by staff, not having to help yourself! :-)
                I respectfully disagree.

I'm perfectly content, outside of the meal services, to fend for myself, and I'll ask the crew for assistance for the more unusual requests (e.g., bubbly top-up ). Even in F, I don't expect to be served 100% of the time. Plus, I get a chance to say hello to and get to know the cabin crew. YMMV, of course.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nonsense jjpb3!

If the SQ service was truly perfect your glass of fizz would NEVER be empty. An alert and attentive angel would be ensuring anytime the glass reached half empty it was refilled unless you indicated otherwise.

Truly First Class service is anticipating the passenger's needs in advance. One had only to raise an eyebrow on Concorde before someone was at your side ready to be of service

Comment

Nonsense jjpb3!

If the SQ service was truly perfect your glass of fizz would NEVER be empty. An alert and attentive angel would be ensuring anytime the glass reached half empty it was refilled unless you indicated otherwise.

Truly First Class service is anticipating the passenger's needs in advance. One had only to raise an eyebrow on Concorde before someone was at your side ready to be of service
                    As I said, YMMV. In any case, last I checked, the thread was about the Business Class experience, no?
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nonsense jjpb3!

I'm sorry, but with respect, this is nonsense.

You may be interested to note that that help yourself galley is in J, not F. Therefore you are not expected to be sycophantically waited on in this particular cabin. A chance to stretch your legs and have a chat with a fellow pax and/or cabin crew is a nice way to while away the time. I've nipped down to the small area in Y on the A345 ULH for this very reason even though I was in J.

As for anticipating what you want all the time, this is somewhat impossible. As a perfect example I was in F on SIN-LHR last week. I turned around to face the galley and the LSS shot over to my seat and said 'would you like another glass of Krug Mr MAN Flyer ?'. To which I said 'No thanks, I'm going to the toilet'.

You must have a rare set of eyebrows if you are able to signal you require a top-up of bubbles just by moving them.

Comment

Ah yes - but SQ Business Class is the equivilent - if not better - than many another airlines F product. Therefore it should be a First Class Business Class! Which it is, of course, despite the self serve bar area!

Comment

You said no to another glasss of Krug, Mr Manflyer:

Comment

I had a good record on my glass NEVER been empty on SQ flights. Again, you have to see the sample size. I think I do have a large sample of SQ flights. Therefore, if I found my glass not refilled, I would knew the cabin crew were not great crew in general.

I am glad you have had experience in Concorde and had only to raise an eyebrow. But again, I did remember a friend who took Concorde said that overall SQ First Class service is top the Concorde.

..., despite the self serve bar area!
                            It's your preference not to have the self bar area. I think I have read some years ago that many travelers prefer a self bar area. If you follow some discussions in another forum, many flyers were and are still moaning about the lack of self-bar on SQ.

You might have missed the point. You argued about no champagne on the self-bar. I pointed out that wines and champagne are best chilled in a proper chiller. A self bar area would not be a good place. Therefore, if you want to be served white wines or champagnes, it means that the FAs will serve you!

Comment

In it's hey day NOBODY beat a BA Concorde crew in the service skills area - specially with the Chairman aboard!

Comment

Originally posted by Sqstalker View Post
                                Frost do form on the plane once in a while during the flight but as you have correctly observed, it will disintegrate as the plane descends. There is no concern unless snow/ice is formed on the wings on ground just before take off.

Ice does form on the leading edges of the wings in the right conditions DURING flight, breaking the airflow across the wing and consequently causing a loss of lift, that's what de-icing systems in planes are for, and I believe they heat a good portion of the wing, so either the place that the ice was unheated, or the heat was turned off because the conditions were not right for ice to form elsewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X