Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andySYD View Post
    Hi UMD - we were on the same flight today

I took 27K (last seat in C) 2 days ago SIN - SYD since that was the last seat available. Today I took 48D (the only seat in Y with no one sitting in front of you). Obviously the experience is not the same hehehe
    I did not fly on A380 today. I was arriving into Singapore from MNL on a 772 and continued to CGK on 773.

My SYD-SIN flight was done on Nov. 9.

By the way, did you enjoy your C and Y experiences?

Comment

As always, I love the detailed descriptions and impressions. Thanks for sharing, UMD.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh sorry, I only saw your post date and assumed so

Yeah I quite enjoyed the C experience, but pretty much slept all the way through due to certain food poisoning from my friend's wedding the previous night...

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        I did not fly on A380 today. I was arriving into Singapore from MNL on a 772 and continued to CGK on 773.

My SYD-SIN flight was done on Nov. 9.

By the way, did you enjoy your C and Y experiences?

Comment

It continued ...... sorry for the long break

Back on my seat, breakfast was ready to be served. After a bowl of a nice Birchermuesli which I truly enjoyed, the subsequent main course was awful. I had ordered the chive omelette with ham steak instead of the quiche and the Chinese style udon BUT it was a mistake as the omelette was really dry and overcooked - even the ever trusted chile sauce did not help this time.

By the way, the girl did serve the chile sauce in a nice small saucer as chile sauce should have been served.

I got my table cleared after my usual cup of Japanese Green Tea which was served in a new style Givenchy design cup. As we were still about 5 hours away from Singapore and I had only slept for 2 hours the previous night, I decided to turn my seat into a bed. I then turned on KrisWorld to see what movies I could watch while sitting in the lounging position and decided to go with sitcoms instead as I had a feeling that I would soon be falling asleep.

And asleep I was for a nice 2 1/2 hours. I got up just in time for SQ to start the 2nd meal. Lunch in bed did cross my mind but for some silly reasons, I decided to change the seat back into a seating position. SQ started lunch with mixed nuts and cocktails round. Instead of the usual aluminum foil pack that we were used to, this time the nuts were served in a nice Givenchy saucer. I turned down the nuts politely and only asked for a nice cold ginger ale for my drink.

As I was refreshed from my nap, I decided movie was a good idea over lunch and the choice went to a Korean comedy movie.

Comment

2nd Lunch on SQ220 was no longer pre-plated

Note: I had lost all the pictures taken but this one which was again a bad decision for a main course.

Lunch started with a mesclun salad with smoked seafood (well, basically scallops & smoked salmon) which I again enjoyed. I had ordered the roasted blue eye cod with panchetta and fettucine for my main course because I never ordered this dish before. The other 2 options were the seared lamb loin with puy lentil and the stir fried chicken with macadamia nuts served in with fragrant rice (one of my favourite SQ dishes) which I have enjoyed numerous times on SQ.

My choice of main course turned out to be a bad decision because I disliked the combined taste of the fishy cod and the panchetta.

Looking across the aisle, I found the stir fry chicken and the lamb that 22D/F ordered to be very appetizing especially when they were served on proper size plates. I then realized that 2nd meal on SQ220 was no longer pre-plated.

As my movie was coming to an end, the captain came into the PA system to announce that we had started our decent and would be arriving in Singapore at around 2:40pm and it seemed that we were about 35 minutes behind our scheduled arrival time due to the congestion at our departure point.

We were landing from the North and the whole process was very smooth despite not as smooth as the take off we had 8 hours earlier from SYD. The aircraft came to stop at F31 at around 14:50. Because of the delay in connecting the Upperdeck jetway, business class passengers were requested to deplane from the maindeck suite jetway by walking down the grand staircase.

Off the plane waiting on the jetway were at least 6 Airbus engineers waiting to get on to do the inspection of this great aircraft and to prepare it again for its return trip 5 1/2 hours later.

This completes my report for this sector. I would update later with pictures from my return trip on SQ221.

Comment

Return Trip - C Class, SQ 221 - SKA

As promised, I retook the pictures that I lost from my earlier flight on this return flight. This return flight was one of the best with the best crew and service as well. Every C class passenger was offered a turndown service by the crew. I intended to do it myself and 1 of the girls quickly approached me and insisted that she would do it for me. The same girl also turned my bed into seats again before arrival.

The flight boarded on time but departed 15 minutes later from the scheduled departure time because 23F did not show up and SQ had to remove this person's luggage. Upon arrival, I learned that Mr. Alexander Downer was the VIP on the same flight with me but he must have been traveling R class since I did not see him during my picture tour of the C and Y cabin.

Boarding the 380 at night was a different feeling. For some reasons, the cabin ambience seem nicer. I again had 22K as my seat. A lot of passengers were still taking pictures so I decided to do the same as well

The back galley on the upperdeck.

Heading towards the back spiral staircase via the galley.

The spiral staircase.

Looking from the back of the upperdeck cabin - a very spacious Y class in a 2-4-2 configuration with side bins on both sides.

Last edited by UMD; 22 November 2007, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Business Class Passenger Bar Area

Still closed for business in preparation for Take Off

Open for business during flight

Comment

C Class Cabin Ambience

The front C Class Cabin 11 - 16

The seat closest to the coffee machine and the wine opener, 16D

Looking across the aisle from 22K - my seat. You can feel how tall and spacious the upperdeck cabin is.

I finally found the way to turn on both of these ceiling lights. The right one could be turned on from the button on the seat while the left one could only be turned on from pressing the button on the ceiling.

Mood lighting during take off

The aisle on the upperdeck 380 is wider than the aisle on 77W - trolley could go through easily during meal service. By the way, here is the proof that mixed warm nuts are now served in a special saucer.

The smart design of the new seat allows us to leave our seat easily during meal service.

The back C class cabin - long but still has a very exclusive feeling. SQ new C class design wins in terms of privacy. Once you on the seat, you do feel like you are alone in the cabin.

The side bin - this is how it looks like inside. Each C Class window seat will have access to 2 of these bins.

Comment

Wow. Nice pics of the Business Class pax area. I didn't catch it when it was opened on my flight. Thanks again!

Comment

The food - Yummy!

I truly enjoyed my food on SQ 221.

The jelly fish and prawn oriental salad was yummy.

The Sam Leong's signature Black Pepper Beef with beans and fish noodles - still delicious after all these times. My fourth times already and still loved it.

The delicious Hagen Dazs cookie and cream ice cream - served in a C Class Givenchy ware instead of the F Class Givenchy ware during lunch for SQ 220.

I skipped the cheese - so no picture. Sorry for this.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                        The aisle on the upperdeck 380 is wider than the aisle on 77W - trolley could go through easily during meal service. By the way, here is the proof that mixed warm nuts are now served in a special saucer.

Next time try the warm nuts with a glass or 5 of that gorgeous Wynns!
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Daaaamn, I'm going to be dreaming of a trip on the A380 C.

Very nice pics (as usual), UMD.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

For those of us with fetish for the aircraft toilets - C only

This is the C class toilet located closed to the passenger bar area on the right hand side of the aircraft between the front and the back C cabin. Quite a spacious toilet.

The amenity drawers in the same toilet.

The FLUSH.... only light up and stay for a few second when Flush is activated

The Big toilet in the front of the Upperdeck left to grand staircase. The right side of the stair case is storage galley.

The sink

With the baby change table down over the toilet

Comment

Was that an ice formed on the right wing of A380?

I noticed this on my flight 2 weeks ago and I noticed it again this time. Should we be concerned or is it normal? I never paid too much attention to any aircraft wings before but it seemed strange.

The ice now turned into water moisture as we decent further towards SYD.

Comment

UMD great trip report

Comment

Working...
                                X