The High Flyer Visits Ho Chi Minh City!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
    Will I get into trouble for posting that pic? I'm a bit worried now...
    I think you'll be fine. The authorities (should) have bigger fish to fry.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The new international airport at HCM City looks great
      Nice pics and great TR so far

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
        Nice pics and great TR so far
        Thanks. That's only half the story. I haven't covered the return journey yet. Wait till you see the Star Alliance lounge.
        My Cafe Adventures
        Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
        http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Excellent TR thus far - Can't wait to see the new *A Lounge and am eagerly anticipating the next part of this Trip Report series.

Just a few months to go before I return to SGN

Comment

You'll be alright now but I wouldn't have attempted to take a picture there myself. I've seen someone carted off for doing so previously!.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ225 View Post
              Just a few months to go before I return to SGN
              SGN rocks!
              My Cafe Adventures

Comment

SGN rocks!
                Why do you say so? Did you get great service or something?

Comment

The Authorities have requested your details in light of your post. Your logged static IP address has been used to determine your personal details. Action will be taken accordingly.

kidding. Thanks for your TR. Hey, The High Flyer , I did not realised that US fighter plane in War museum was so small.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    Why do you say so? Did you get great service or something?
                    The people are friendly, the food is good. I love this place!
                    My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                      Hey, The High Flyer , I did not realised that US fighter plane in War museum was so small.
                      Hmmm did you expect a Megatop?
                      My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Trip Report: Part 7

Vietnam's state flag on a shopfront. Many shops prominently displayed the state flag in celebration of Independence Day, 2 September.

Not sure what this meant, but it was definitely related to Independence Day.

Back to the airport. The Departure Hall of the new International Terminal. Singapore Airlines check-in counters in Row C.

The huge Departure Hall, as seen from Row D.

Airside.

The terminal is so new, some shops weren't even ready yet!

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Trip Report: Part 8

A typical departure gate/holding area. You can see the SIA B772ER in the background -- it was at Gate 18.

A Vietnam Airlines jet (is that an Airbus 320?) looming at this gate.

The contracted Star Alliance Gold Lounge. It's next to Gate 16, although Gates 16 and 17 aren't anywhere near Gate 18, where the SIA jet was. The numbering order is a little strange if you ask me.

The Lounge Invitation issued at the check-in counter. I wasn't given a choice between the lounge and a massage, unlike other SQTalkers in the past.

Huge construction going on outside the terminal, where the lounge was. Vietnam is a booming economy!

A bird's eye view of the Star Alliance Lounge.

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Trip Report: Part 9

Another view of the lounge. Notice the beverages table on the right.

Down the stairs, and we end up at the buffet table. Yum yum!

Calamari and shrimp balls. A little boy had been noticed earlier tampering with the sign.

The obligatory cold cuts and sushi counter.

Chicken noodle soup. I skipped this, since I had already had that for breakfast.

The pitch at the wonderful sofa area, a-la-somebody-style. On the table was my half-eaten late lunch. The glutton in me was to realise that he couldn't finish the food, not to mention almost being late for flight boarding!

My Cafe Adventures

Comment

The new lounge looks so much better and more spacious than the old SASCO lounge!

Since it is a Star Alliance Lounge, does that mean I don't need the invitation card and a simple flash of a KFG card would suffice?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                                Since it is a Star Alliance Lounge, does that mean I don't need the invitation card and a simple flash of a KFG card would suffice?
                                From what I gathered, yes. My colleague who is a Star Alliance Gold was able to enter. I guess they issue the invitation cards to those who are not *A Gold members but travelling on Raffles/Business Class, like me. Or, I could have been invited to another lounge, given the words "First Class Lounge" on the card. But I was specifically told the lounge was next to Gate 16. I hope I didn't miss a more exclusive experience!
                                My Cafe Adventures

Comment

Working...
                                X