New CX 74A F - NRT-TPE-HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
    Nice cabin, but the absence of a pair of seats together doesn't make it very good for honeymooners!
    Best seats in F for anyone wanting to be close to their SO are 1A/K.

Ok, so you won't exactly be able to hold hands, but you can at least know that you're just a few feet apart from each other !

Comment

Excellent report - to the point and addresses most questions anyone could have before even being asked

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
        But how was the FOOD ????
        Sheer overload! I had breakfast at my hotel, erm ... lunch on JL to NRT and lunch again on CX to TPE (foie gras; beef fillet; bread and butter pudding; turned down the lobster bisque) and was offered another meal from TPE (which I and the other pax who'd come from NRT turned down). That's not to mention supper in HK with a friend later that night...

As others have mentioned, I found CX F food nice but SQ is better ... with the exception of desserts where SQ in general appears poor. I can't comment on the wines as I basically drink anything (save for the non-alcoholic stuff, it all works!).

(The JL flight was also very nice - 2-classes sold but it was a 3-class 747 and I was sat in 1A. And I got served a junmai daiginjo sake (Asian Beauty) which I enjoyed greatly. I wonder if they offer that on JL SIN-KUL-SIN - must try tonight.)

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
          But good if you are headed for a Narita divorce.
          LOL.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Looks like the CX F seats are actually more comfortable after all despite not looking as stunning as the SQ equivalents. Is it true that the CX F seats have massage function? I last read in some thread that it was removed as the seats were overweight.
            -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              I wonder if they offer that on JL SIN-KUL-SIN - must try tonight.)

Good luck. If it all goes awry, give me a call and I'll come get you from the airport and we'll go have some satay (yeah drool away boys!)

Comment

Originally posted by zhiw3n View Post
                Is it true that the CX F seats have massage function? I last read in some thread that it was removed as the seats were overweight.
                Yes, there's a button for the massage function on the control pad.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  If it all goes awry, give me a call and I'll come get you from the airport and we'll go have some satay (yeah drool away boys!)
                  Such a very tempting offer - almost worthwhile to lose my BP and get stuck in KL for the night.

Comment

a really beautiful interior- love the ambient lighting, bathrooms and privacy. but there really is no excuse for not putting in a leather seat. not just from an aesthetic standpoint, but from a functional standpoint as well. they are a lot easier to clean if someone spills something. and i'm something of a germaphobe, and leather is more resistant and easier to clean all of the airborne particles carrying bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      i'm something of a germaphobe, and leather is more resistant and easier to clean all of the airborne particles carrying bacteria.
                      Just for people like you . CX have the following notice in their inflight magazine:

Onboard Cathay Pacific Airways aircraft, fresh conditioned air continuously flows into the aircraft cabin allowing an entire cabin air volume replacement every two to three minutes. Recirculated cabin air is passed through special high-efficiency particulate arrestor (HEPA) filters that are greater than 99.99% efficient in removing most dust particules and airborne contaminants. The World Health Organisation (WHO) concurs that the new filtratiion system onboard commercial aircraft is effective in filtering out infectious agents in recirculated air.

Comment

thanks for that note jhm... that is great news.

Comment

Is that a new feature exclusive to CX aircrafts or is it pretty much an industry standard actually?
                          -z.h.i.w.e.n-

Comment

Originally posted by zhiw3n View Post
                            Is that a new feature exclusive to CX aircrafts or is it pretty much an industry standard actually?
                            I assume it's pretty much an industry standard (but I could be wrong).

Comment

Nice shots, CX have done an amazing job with their new first class. Would love to be able to try out that cabin someday.

Originally posted by jhm
                              Other airlines have a (single) window in F, e.g. BA 747; JL 747 (this has in addition to the usual mechanical window shade, a switch which electrically and instantly changes the window glass/plastic to become opaque)
                              As does QF, was quite fascinated with it back when I flew with them. Had a chat with one of the f/a's on that flight about it. He was kind enought to go and ask the captain just how it worked .

Comment

[QUOTE=jhm;26606]Here are some of my photos which I took whilst the plane was being cleaned at TPE (pax could choose to deplane or remain on board).

Hi Jhm....i will be going to Tokyo in March...need some advice from you...i will be flying first class and would want to know which flight will be having the refurbished new seats and would also want to know which is the best place to stay in Tokyo as it would be convenient for me to walk around and also shopping...

Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X