New CX 74A F - NRT-TPE-HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CX 74A F - NRT-TPE-HKG

Here are some of my photos which I took whilst the plane was being cleaned at TPE (pax could choose to deplane or remain on board).

View of the F cabin (9 seats) from seat 1A. The arm rest of 1A is down so compared to the other seats, you can see that it's missing the small pillow on the headrest.

A shot of the single F seat in the centre of the cabin

View from the entrance to the F cabin. Note the strange sculpture at the front of the cabin. The objects to the left are my pillow and blanket.

The indentation in the personal closet door is for a water bottle and other personal items.

The light at each side of the seat has three different brightness levels.

The TV screen is nowhere near as big as that in the SQ 77W F.

Inside of the personal closet containing my laptop bag, a pillow and a blanket. The bags underneath are provided for storage of shoes etc. The non-smoking and seat belt lights are above the door.

The cubbyhole in which the noise cancelling headphones are stored. There's an indentation in the top of the cubbyhole for putting your watch, glasses etc. As well as the usual buttons for the lumbar support up/down/left/right/massage on or off and the seat, there are buttons for the fully flat bed mode, the takeoff/landing position and lighting in the personal closet (I think).

Last edited by jhm; 9 August 2007, 06:45 PM.

A companion can sit on the ottoman and (I assume) you can dine together.

F toilet

A shot of the lighting in the cabin which can be continuously adjusted from very dim to full brightness.

In conclusion and IMO (having taken exactly one daytime flight in the new SQ 77W F and now one in the new CX 77A F), the CX seat is better both for lounging (non-slip material; the optional arm rest and the comfortable pillow as a headrest) and sleeping (no obstruction of my feet in the vertical direction despite not being as wide as the SQ seat); and it also feels much more private and enclosed.

The F cabin was only half full on the way to TPE. The plane (apparently the first one to be converted I was told) had the new F and J but not the new Y.

I really enjoyed the service - warm, friendly and continuously keeping my wine glass topped up. Many thanks to Cancan(?) (ISM), Leyla (equivalent of CSS) and the equivalent of a LSS whose name I didn't get!

Comment

Thanks for sharing jhm.
      I am crossing my fingers they won't change my October 74A flight to a 330.

Comment

Looks lovely! The toilet certainly gets a thumbs up from me,...love the washbasin and the two windows!

Comment

jhm: for the pictures and the impressions.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Great pics.
            I'm very interested in your comparison between new CX product and new SQ one.
            Luke
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

An interesting comparison JHM.

Comment

Thanks jhm. I do like the toilet and the windows there. Cool.

Furthermore, CX's cabin storage is great unlike the new SQ F, which I detest. Too many nook and cranny that something is bound to be lost.

I will post some comments and pictures about the new SQ product in a separate thread.

Comment

Great pics - thanks for sharing jhm!
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Very nice cabin. I like the "warm" touch of everything, especially the multi-coloured lights.
                    My Cafe Adventures
                    Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
                    http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Thanks for sharing jhm. The seats all look very private

Comment

Great report JHM. I must admit having read it I can feel some traitorous thoughts coming into my head.

Comment

Nice cabin, but the absence of a pair of seats together doesn't make it very good for honeymooners!

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                            Nice cabin, but the absence of a pair of seats together doesn't make it very good for honeymooners!
                            But good if you are headed for a Narita divorce.

Comment

But how was the FOOD ????

Comment

Working...
                              X