No announcement yet.

A Dedication To The B747: SIN-NRT-SIN In Raffles Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great TR...even better because it is on B744. So glad that I get to fly this "Queen of the Sky" again in March for my JFK trip on 17A. My favorite seat is actually 20K if 20H is vacant. If not, I always go for 17A.

Comment

Hal Yamashita dinner looks fab!
      Looking forward to restaurants no. 2, 3, and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Looking forward to finding out about the Best In The World (which must be really something given TRs/pictures of other hotels stayed in)!
        In this case, best for "Wow Factor". I've stayed in many hotels. Never had so many "Wow" moments

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        Great TR...even better because it is on B744. So glad that I get to fly this "Queen of the Sky" again in March for my JFK trip on 17A. My favorite seat is actually 20K if 20H is vacant. If not, I always go for 17A.
        Thanks. Another fan of the upper deck.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        Hal Yamashita dinner looks fab!
        Check this out..

Hal Yamashita

We were lucky. Normally closed on mondays but open on our monday because of...

Coming Of Age Day

It's a public holiday held on 2nd Monday of January, the day after we arrived

( maybe that explains horrendous jam when we arrived )

All Japanese teenagers who turn 20 during the year dress up & celebrate on this day.

That was what the seating in HR Lobby was for!

Walking back to HR from a day of shopping.. 2 spotted heading for their do. HR in the sunlight.

We caught the end of festivities when we were on our way out for dinner

I was a bit apprehensive taking these pictures but they looked so beautiful in their traditional dress

Next, my Best Hotel In The World..

First a teaser.. Pic dedicated to Dent@SUB, SQTalk Toilet Shot King

Not only do you have a clean bottom

You also have a very relaxed one.

The toilet cover raises up automatically when you enter which scared the hell out of me the first time I used it
        Last edited by 9V-SIA; 26 February 2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          In this case, best for "Wow Factor". I've stayed in many hotels. Never had so many "Wow" moments
          WoW ? Surely not one of those places which KeithMEL seems to like so much!

Comment

The toilet cover raises up automatically when you enter which scared the hell out of me the first time I used it
            The Peninsula Tokyo!

Comment

If StarG is right (and no doubt he is), I'm really amazed at his ability to recognise the toilet controls of a specific hotel!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                If StarG is right (and no doubt he is), I'm really amazed at his ability to recognise the toilet controls of a specific hotel!
                Not just any specific hotel!

The best -- even if not the best in the world, definitely best in Tokyo!

Comment

Kempinksi Hotel Indonesia in Jakarta has the same toilet with all the same functions as well albeit with a different control panel. That's why it is now my favourite hotel in the city. Yes, all BECAUSE OF the auto TOILET.

Comment

Kempinksi Hotel Indonesia in Jakarta has the same toilet with all the same functions as well albeit with a different control panel. That's why it is now my favourite hotel in the city. Yes, all BECAUSE OF the auto TOILET.
                    The JL lounge in FRA is memorable for me precisely because it also has Japanese toilets. I was also spooked when I first walked in and the lid shot up!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      The Peninsula Tokyo!
                      Wow! You are a truly scary person! I don't know anyone who can identify hotels by their toilet seat!

Peninsula Tokyo

From the SE corner of the Imperial Palace

From Hibiya Park

Side & rear view of hotel. Looking back at Imperial Palace from Harumi Dori ( "Main Street' Ginza to me )

Front and side view. Big windows at the front above entrance is swimming pool/gym & spa

Front Entrance. Narrow frontage..

Footprint ( room 2001, 2020, 2019 at front of hotel )

In relation to Imperial Palace & Hibiya Park ( hotel across road from red arrow )

My expectations when I get a hotel room ( apart from clean & new ) are as follows:
                      1. Nice bed ( especially mattress & pillows that suit me )
                      2. Bedside reading lights
                      3. Writing Desk
                      4. Reading chair maybe
                      5. Bathroom ( sink, bath, toilet )
                      6. Cupboard with safe
                      7. TV with international channels

Quite simple needs really. But for the nicer hotels, I would expect these basic essentials to be that much grander

Wait till you see what this magnificent hotel had done that impresses me so much..

The devil is in the details...
                      Last edited by 9V-SIA; 26 February 2011, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Wow! You are a truly scary person! I don't know anyone who can identify hotels by their toilet seat!
                        +1

But think this is equally scary...!

Comment

The next hotel we stayed at is my Best In The World.
                          Ahhh...I should have known as the two hotels share the same pedigree.

However, I prefer the location of the PHT over Ginza as Harajuku is much more fun to shop. Pen's lobby is also quite small -- intimate, but small.

Either way, both are outstanding properties.
                          HUGE AL

Comment

My Room in Peninsula

Bedroom

.. as seen from the entrance. Typical top quality finishes for this class of hotel ( especially since its Japan )

Panning right to left..

Curtains. Day curtains & Black Out curtains. Electrically controlled..

A lot of strawberries were eaten on that table! Writing desk extreme left of pic..

Bathroom

Bathtub big enough for two..

My sink.. ( where the TV is.. )

Wife's sink ( .. the amenities are in drawers at this end )

So you see, Peninsula knows what guys like and what their wives like!!

Rain shower.. walk in wardrobe across the corridor

Toilet.. again, walk in wardrobe across the corridor

Walk In Wardrobe

We loved this feature. Nice that all your bags & clothes don't clutter up the bedroom

I lay on the carpet to take this shot so that I won't be seen in the mirror! Instead you see the feature wall from the bathtub

Both our bags fit on the rack. Great stuff!

Yukata in the drawer below. His & Hers different colour

So this is the macro view of the room.

Tomorrow I will post the details that have me falling in love with this hotel..
                            Last edited by 9V-SIA; 26 February 2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Great TR, anymore food pics?

Comment

The Park Hyatt in Shanghai also has similar toilets, but with SILVER buttons!

Too many toilet connoisseurs nowadays!

Comment

Working...
                                X