No announcement yet.

The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schönbrunn looks / sounds really grand - I will definitely have to put this down as a place to visit on a prior day to Sunday (unless it's done really early in the morning, and even then, a bit risky due to the midday timing of my flight).

Apart from that, all sounds good.

Heuriger also sounds fantastic... I love my wine

Comment

• Earlier bird than Savage25.

Fri 26 Sep - OS458
      LHR - 06:05
      VIE - 09:20

Sun 28 Sep - OS457
      VIE - 19:45
      LHR - 21:20

Staying at the Falkensteiner Hotel Am Schottenfeld - a poor man's version of the LM Wien - on the 26th.

Booked myself for a concert at the Musikverein on Fri afternoon.

I am likely attending a Catholic mass at the Hofburg Chapel where the Vienna Boys' would be singing on Sunday morning. In case anyone is interested, we should be seated by 850am. More info: http://www.hofburgkapelle.at/index.php?id=2

I doubt anyone would be able to crawl out of bed early on Sunday (especially the catholic SQTalker I have in mind), so I am prepared to go alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        I am likely attending a Catholic mass at the Hofburg Chapel where the Vienna Boys' would be singing on Sunday morning. In case anyone is interested, we should be seated by 850am. More info: http://www.hofburgkapelle.at/index.php?id=2

I doubt anyone would be able to crawl out of bed early on Sunday (especially the catholic SQTalker I have in mind), so I am prepared to go alone.
        Darn, if I had known about that, I'd have booked a later flight. Unfortunately, my flight is inflexible (but TP-earning ). Wish I could join you for that.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I'd have gone to the airport by then ! My flight to CPH is at 1130am!

Comment

LHR - 06:05
            No one in their right minds should be awake at that time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Darn, if I had known about that, I'd have booked a later flight. Unfortunately, my flight is inflexible (but TP-earning ). Wish I could join you for that.
              edit: ugh got my dates wrong, am leaving on the 29th instead. so i *might* still be able to join phaleesy, no guarantees though...
              Last edited by KeithMEL; 14 August 2008, 12:17 AM. Reason: wrong date
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                edit: ugh got my dates wrong, am leaving on the 29th instead. so i *might* still be able to join phaleesy, no guarantees though...
                Didn't you mean to say, "My plan is obviously to stay out all night partying and wolf down 2 Sausage & Egg McMuffins before 8am..."
                HUGE AL

Comment

That would be something to see: you up all night partying, and then attending a Vienna Boys' Choir performance in church.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    That would be something to see: you up all night partying, and then attending a Vienna Boys' Choir performance in church.
                    But a tad inappropriate... Oh well, a nap should help.
                    Thank goodness we have afternoon masses at my local parish...
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

But a tad inappropriate... Oh well, a nap should help.
                      You could nap for 2 hours and expect a wake-up call from yours truly - a rendition of Morning has broken.

Alternatively you could party all night, then accompany me to mass and rest your pretty head on my bon(n)y shoulder.

Comment

• I guess I'll be up for it on Sunday morning. It will be nice to hear Flo and his friends singing.

Comment

You could nap for 2 hours and expect a wake-up call from yours truly - a rendition of Morning has broken.
                          Despite how I usually feel about tradition and what not, I am admittedly rather conservative in how I present myself at mass. So prepare to put your singing talents to practise.

Comment

• Anyone watching the F1 Singapore GP on 28th? At around 2pm Vienna time, I think? maybe I should reschedule my 5pm flight...

Comment

• I thought it might be useful to compile an itinerary matrix of DO attendees. I will continue to update this post with fresh info as they are posted on here. To avoid any ambiguity w/r/t privacy concerns, I will only include info that's been posted publicly in this thread, not PMed info.

florianwagner - please feel free to link to this post on your OP.

Handle/Date/Flight/Time [Accom]

Arrivals:

Guy Betsy/25SEP/OS172/2145 [Le Meridien Wien]
                              phaleesy/26SEP/OS458/0920 [Le Meridien Wien]
                              Savage25/26SEP/OS452/1245 [InterContinental Wien]
                              taipeiflyer/26SEP/LH3534/1405 [Hotel Bristol + Hotel Imperial]
                              KeithMEL/26SEP/BA704/1810 [Le Meridien Wien]
                              Kyo/26SEP/car/PM [Do + Co]
                              jhm/27SEP/BA696/1045 [Le Meridien Wien]

Departures:

Guy Betsy/28SEP/SK694/1130
                              Kyo/28SEP/OS821/1320
                              Savage25/28SEP/OS455/1715
                              jhm/28SEP/BA705/1915
                              phaleesy/28SEP/OS457/1945
                              KeithMEL/29SEP/AY766/1045
                              taipeiflyer/29SEP/
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 August 2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

• Reporting in..

Landing on 23rd Tuesday morning, but will be renting a car as late as possible and heading for Linz-Salzburg area but ETA back to Vienna from Salzburg, or wherever I'm driving in from around 26th Friday evening *hopefully able to pick you up from the airport, KeithMEL, so long as I don't get lost*.

Intention is for Friday (26th) + Saturday (27th) nights at the Do&Co (reservation confirmed, but always open to other suggestions), so a bit further away but easily within reach of the Ringstrasse, I'm told - just need a 10 min headstart before meeting everyone, I suppose.

Departing on OS821 at 13:20PM on the 28th (Sunday), so will be at the airport by 11:20AM. Checking out around 10:30AM, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X