No announcement yet.

The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petz and me checked out some Heuriger for SAT and we made a reservation for 12, though we can stock it up ... well, our reservation is for 19:30. It's at the Weinbau Wiltschko in Hietzing, one of VIE's 'better' districts

We can go sit inside if we want but they also have an outdoor area which is quite nice. ATM, they also offer Sturm and Most.

Other reservations will follow asap. If anybody has any questions or so, feel free to add me on MSN (more likely online) or Skype!
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• I see drumsticks! Yummy! I love fried chicken! Dark meat only!
      Hope everyone having fun the end of this month! Hope the rumours would get better!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Hope everyone having fun the end of this month! Hope the rumours would get better!
        We would endeavour to provide more rumours for SQT by holding a PJs party - with or without underwear, subject to participants' discretion.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          We would endeavour to provide more rumours for SQT by holding a PJs party - with or without underwear, subject to participants' discretion.
          And the "commando" discussion has jumped threads!
          HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

So glad I won't be there!
            I want the report of the other rumours.

Comment

• In the remote chance that there is someone here who would be using the public transport and doing a fair bit of sight-seeing, there's a 72 hour Vienna Card which you could buy at the airport on arrival.

18.50 Euros for discounts to various attractions and free travel on public transport.
              http://www.wienkarte.at/EN/?l=e

Comment

• Had something come up today that does not bode well for this trip...I may not be able to make my Fri morning flight, but will only find out on Thu afternoon. If that happens, I can only make it if I can rebook my award flight to Sat morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Had something come up today that does not bode well for this trip...I may not be able to make my Fri morning flight, but will only find out on Thu afternoon. If that happens, I can only make it if I can rebook my award flight to Sat morning.
                  If things don't get clarified by tomorrow evening, I'd try to re-book by then.

Hope you can make it.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• I hope you will be able to make it, Savage25!

I was looking forward to eating "satay" again.

Comment

• so .... i'd say that our general meeting point is the LM in VIE. it's probably the most convenient place with so many sqtalkers staying there and some staying really close.

so i made some reservations etc... and this is what we are gonna do, though we can always adjust to general preferences and the weather

FRI
                      since there's only a hand full of people in on friday, i did not whip up any sightseeing program. i made a reservation at 8:30 at figlmüller's at wollzeile, the place where they serve the biggest schnitzel on earth i chose 8:30 because KeithMEL will be arriving pretty late in VIE. i finish work at 4 pm, afterwards we might go for a cup of coffee or so if people want to. those of you who don't have my cell number, pls pm me if you want it

so afterwards we can decide what we want to do ... onyx bar at the haas house (a trendy bar) and go to other bars, clubbings, etc. whatever we are in the mood for. sleeping anyone?

SAT
                      reservations:

01:30 demel: sacher cakes and more
                      04:00 café dommayer: going for some coffee and oberlaa cakes
                      07:30 heuriger wiltschko: dinnertime!

so basically i thought of walking the ring for all the sights there: st stephens, hofburg, opera, uni, parliament, rathaus, schwarzenbergplatz, inner city. meeting time would be about 11AM at the LM. we will walk the ring and go for some cakes at demel. they also serve lunch if anybody wants to have some. then it's off to castle schönbrunn and the royal garden there. if it rains we might also do museums or sth else .... anyway, we will move west to hietzing to go to dommayer which is near to schönbrunn and have some coffe there. there they serve the house's coffee speciality: the emperor's melange - coffee with rum and yolk - sounds yucky but it's refreshing. but they also have other great coffees. after this one we move further west ... in hietzing, we will have dinner at a heuriger, "wiltschko".

afterwards we can do some nightlife stuff as well for those who don't want to go to the opera

SUN

nothing officially planned because most people are leaving anyway but i will come up wit a brunch somewhere in the innercity. maybe at lutz bar, which is right near museums quartier. i will come up with a sunday program but sunday is usually a very calm day in austria - catholics etc ...
                      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Are we skipping Sat lunch ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Are we skipping Sat lunch ?
                          Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                          they also serve lunch if anybody wants to have some.
                          Not good enough, jhm?
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• That's at 1:30 - I was thinking of a bite to eat before then!

(Oh, BTW, if anyone is booked into the LM Wien on a cancellable rate, you might want to check and perhaps rebook on SPG.com - the rate went down from EUR 245 to EUR 185.)

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Are we skipping Sat lunch ?
                              Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Not good enough, jhm?
                              As an outsider here, looking at the schedule 1:30pm for Sacher Torte, it means that you guys having dessert only. I would say no lunch. Or else, Mr. F...W assumes you guys will be too tired from Friday night clubbing (hmm possible dot dot dots? ) Thus, a breakfast in bed. Hangover as well!
                              Or else, add new program... brunch for who can get up early enough, and continue with sacher torte as the dessert.

Comment

• Looks great, flo.
                                2 more sleeps!

A suggestion: Not everyone wants to go bar hopping or clubbing I think, maybe organise Sat brekkies for those who want an early start? (I'm of course unlikely to be one of them...)

Also - first drinks on me Sat nite, some of you already know why.
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 25 September 2008, 11:00 AM.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X