No announcement yet.

The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect. i'm quite stressed at work right now but i will gather around with petz and hopefully hon2 if he shows any interest in joining or so and work out a rough schedule. then in melbourne i will finalize the schedule with KeithMEL and I'll keep you posted about the fixed schedule then
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      *As always , this is contingent on my project not requiring weekend work.
      Weekend work? Whats that? I am not familiar with the concept

Comment

I'm going to have to be moved from the "interested/maybe" list to "can't make it" as work calls that week. Somebody please be sure to have plenty of cake for me (a variety, please ). I'm sure everyone will have a wonderful time given all that Flo has put together already!

Comment

OK....getting ready to book a BD award on OS LHR-VIE. I can spend 9000 miles for an economy roundtrip or 6750 miles + £60 + whatever APD difference it is for biz vs economy ex-LHR.

Is OS business (on the 321) worth the difference onboard? I have *G so on the ground there's no difference as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            OK....getting ready to book a BD award on OS LHR-VIE. I can spend 9000 miles for an economy roundtrip or 6750 miles + £60 + whatever APD difference it is for biz vs economy ex-LHR.

Is OS business (on the 321) worth the difference onboard? I have *G so on the ground there's no difference as far as I can see.
            It is several years since I last flew OS in J but basically it is standard intra europe business class ie very little difference in seat but better food. In Y you only get a small roll normally cheese or ham but in J you get a slightly more substantial meal. Overall for a flight just over 2 hours I am not convinced J is worth it.

Comment

i do not think so. but in the air, OS C is simply splendid compared to every other european carrier on intra-european flights.

today i read a very nice review of OS C LHR-VIE and back:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/130266/

give it a read and decide for yourself but I only heard the best about OS C. OS Y isn't too shabby as well: you'll also get a proper meal by Do&Co but the seat next to you isn't blocked.
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

How about LCY-VIE instead. Unless of course you like LHR

Comment

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                  i do not think so. but in the air, OS C is simply splendid compared to every other european carrier on intra-european flights.

today i read a very nice review of OS C LHR-VIE and back:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/130266/

give it a read and decide for yourself but I only heard the best about OS C. OS Y isn't too shabby as well: you'll also get a proper meal by Do&Co but the seat next to you isn't blocked.
                  Thanks for the link. Good review - almost convinces me to go C.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  How about LCY-VIE instead. Unless of course you like LHR
                  That was my original plan, but OS is stopping those flights in Aug.

Comment

It's with much delight that I hereby confirm my attendance to the VIE DO!

Flights just paid/confirmed/ticketed/e-mail reservation rcvd (thanks very much to the help / guidance of jhm, KeithMEL, taipeiflyer + SQFG!)

I'll be coming in departing Singapore on the 22nd via SIN-AMS (SQ J) AMS-CPH (SK J), then staying a night or two in CPH, and then flying in one-way CPH-VIE on SAS (SK Y).

(sidenote: florianwagner - SAS also have cheap tickets ex CPH into VIE, I will be buying one costing SEK856 (taxes included). That's around SGD$190 / EUR90.15 only. Sounds cheap to me.. maybe you can include it on your 'budget' carriers list and hopefully we can increase the European guest attendance numbers ?)

So, no more Oktoberfest dreams in Munich, will instead focus my eyes/stomach on Danish butter cookies.

Now the only problem is... going back, which has not been ticketed yet...
                    Last edited by Kyo; 28 July 2008, 01:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I'll be coming in departing Singapore on the 22nd via SIN-AMS (SQ J) AMS-CPH (SK J), then staying a night or two in CPH, and then flying in one-way CPH-VIE on SAS (SK Y).
                      Excellent! First time on SQ J (and first time in Europe but that's less important ) if I understand correctly ? You can tell us all about it when we meet.

Comment

...and then flying in one-way CPH-VIE on SAS (SK Y).
                        Bear in mind that SK Y is very basic. No meals, no drinks. You have to BUY even water! And coffee has got to be the most expensive in the air - 2 Euro for a tiny cup of awful coffee.

Comment

• jhm: Indeed it will be a trip of many firsts! I am thinking of doing VIE-BKK on LH/TG F (codeshare) and then stopping over as per my original intention for about 5 days, then doing the BKK-SIN segment on SQ F!

All I know is, I wish I had understood what I was doing many, many travels ago. I can only imagine what the last 12 months would have looked like.

(missing from the above itinerary, by the way, is that 4 days before SIN-AMS, I'll be swimming around somewhere South-East of Sri Lanka )

Guy Betsy: I saw the nickbots' TR of the SK lounge - I'm prepared for the 'cleanliness' and 'sparseness' of this segment of the trip, fear not!

I also intend to do the eating/drinking in CPH before flying in to VIE - will have my 100ml Muji bottles handy for everything else!

Comment

• Eggcellent - look forward to catching up, Kyo!
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

It's with much delight that I hereby confirm my attendance to the VIE DO!
                              Glad to hear things worked out.
                              Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Guy Betsy: I saw the nickbots' TR of the SK lounge - I'm prepared for the 'cleanliness' and 'sparseness' of this segment of the trip, fear not!

I also intend to do the eating/drinking in CPH before flying in to VIE - will have my 100ml Muji bottles handy for everything else!
                              The CPH lounge is better than the ARN lounge, IMHO. But still pretty bare in the food department, again IMHO. Are you *G? At CPH, the Business Lounge is separate from the *G lounge (the latter goes up one level) and is a bit less well-supplied (in addition to feeling less spacious).

If you're hungry, it's better to get food outside the lounge. Or you can just reserve your appetite for what flo has planned for all of us.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• KeithMEL: Whilst everyone else is sleeping on the 27th PM, will book you in advance to show the nightlife in VIE how us Ozzies paint a town!

jjpb3: I was strongly persuaded to switch my previous goals of 'status' to redemptions instead.

Frankly, when I'm in a new location, I prefer to explore the Zoo.

Then, pop into the lounge...

So, in answer to your question, nope, not *G (not even *S, thanks to not being fully educated about status even as of 3 months back), but hopefully this Priority Pass card comes in handy!

Comment

Working...
                                X