Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Hmm when will you be back?
    A very short stay. You have my itin anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      A very short stay. You have my itin anyway.
      Yeah, but I see that I could not get a special delivery from you... Hmm FRA Monday before 9am? Too bad...

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
        Yeah, but I see that I could not get a special delivery from you... Hmm FRA Monday before 9am? Too bad...
        There's always 30 Dec, if you can bear to wait that long. Believe me, it's worth abstaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Oh, why not? Grab me a box, sir.
          Sorry but I will be in transit in LHR.

Comment

• I had the pleasure of joining sailaway75 and two of his friends for lunch yesterday in NYC. He let me know Friday that he'd be in town for a few days & wondered if there was any chance I could get there. I had no problems securing an award ticket (on the flights I wanted!) to NYC on one of the busiest travel days of the year in the U.S. Our day was cut short by just a bit when I received an odd text message (for the "wrong" flight - one an hour before I was scheduled to leave ) & voicemail from my airline - it turned out my original flight home was to be delayed by two hours and they had already protected me on the flight one hour prior to my original schedule if I could make it to the airport in time. Getting there in time for the earlier flight wasn't a problem.

I always enjoy getting to visit New York City, and getting to spend time there with good friends always makes it even better!

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
              I had the pleasure of joining sailaway75 and two of his friends for lunch yesterday in NYC. He let me know Friday that he'd be in town for a few days & wondered if there was any chance I could get there. I had no problems securing an award ticket (on the flights I wanted!) to NYC on one of the busiest travel days of the year in the U.S. Our day was cut short by just a bit when I received an odd text message (for the "wrong" flight - one an hour before I was scheduled to leave ) & voicemail from my airline - it turned out my original flight home was to be delayed by two hours and they had already protected me on the flight one hour prior to my original schedule if I could make it to the airport in time. Getting there in time for the earlier flight wasn't a problem.

I always enjoy getting to visit New York City, and getting to spend time there with good friends always makes it even better!
              I am so envious!
              BTW, I tried to call you using my Swiss number, but don't know why seems having problem. Silly me. Another episode of forgetting about packing my phone charger.

Note: It was a pleasure as always having dinner with jjpb3 in London last weekend!

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                I had the pleasure of joining sailaway75 and two of his friends for lunch yesterday in NYC.
                Originally posted by CGK View Post
                Note: It was a pleasure as always having dinner with jjpb3 in London last weekend!
                wot? No pics?

Comment

wot? No pics?
                  No pic this time. Just the two of us! We are waiting for you or others to join next time!

Comment

• While Brand Beckham was whipping Sydneysiders into a frenzy, us Melburnians were graced in the last 24 hours with an all-too-rare sighting of Sir I.

With rumours of Sir I's imminent visit to Melbourne swirling around, plans were laid by the MEL chapter of SQTalk to ambush His Lordship of Infinite Enigma for an excuse to indulge in an evening of fine wining and dining.

Having done a bit of sleuth work, and blessed with lots of luck - yours truly was able to track down Sir I deep in the labyrinth of Melbourne's alleyways:

We had afternoon tea in anticipation of the marvelous dinner that's been planned for later in the evening:

We were reminded of fellow SQTalker, CGK by our snack of chorizo sausages and pita bread.

With much time left to dinner, afternoon tea soon turned into pre-dinner drinks:

On the way to dinner we were once again greeted by a lovely reminder of CGK. I take it that he's part of our mini gathering in spirit :

We were joined by singaporu_kooku for dinner, alas blast-off could not join us till much later due to work:

A special dedication to phaleesy:

Beef Carpaccio

Half roasted duck, with orange citrus sauce and seasonal vegetables

Calamari tubes stuffed with spinach, prawns, sundried tomatoes, chili and mushrooms, and drizzled with basil oil.

Grilled fish with herb butter and white wine sauce, served with seasonal vegetables

Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 November 2007, 02:38 PM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Continued from the previous post:

blast-off managed to join us for a few post-dinner tipples:

And it was over all too soon! But with his mysterious ability to get around, I have a feeling that it won't be the last of Sir I that we'd have seen.
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 November 2007, 01:34 PM.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• It was a pleasure for me to join Sir I for dinner last night. I suspect that he might be a wizard with a broomstick, hence explaining his ability to mysteriously appear here.

Anyway, it was certainly a lovely evening. Hope to be able to catch up again next time.

Comment

• It's 3 am in London and the last meal I had was 12 hours ago. Your food pics cheer me up. Thanks, KeithMEL. The calamari and duck are my favs.

Comment

wot? No pics?
                            Sorry, none from our lunch. The last photo I took before the battery ran out (I *knew* I should've charged it the night before ) was seconds before we landed at LGA.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              blast-off managed to join us for a few post-dinner tipples:

Nice pic. Excellent choice of ciggies too pak blast-off

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                                Nice pic. Excellent choice of ciggies too pak blast-off
                                Hahahahaha....as always Bu, I only buy the best ....I'm always following what Ibu Chairman Kelab said...

Anyway.....its very nice to finally meet the mysterious Sir I....Hope he can come to MEL very soon...

(It's a very late reply...cuz I just came back from short trip to OOL)

Comment

Working...
                                X