No announcement yet.

Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like you were the focal point of the recent gatherings, SQFAN. I fully understand it: a nicer guy is hard to find. Remind me, which destinations are in play for an SQTalk Europe Do?

Sorry that work prevented me from making the Kiasu gathering (pun intended ).

It was awesome to get a break from all the work for Sunday brunch and then catch up with a terrific group of SQTalkers and friends (can you convince her to join, SQFAN? Sir I is irredeemable. ). Thanks, y'all.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Errr, well, I so happened to be 'a-round' (double entendre & intended pun to illustrate what food will do to me. Have to lose weight PDQ.) It's great to catch up again. Am glad that you managed to pry yourself from work. Take care.

"can you convince her to join?" Unless if I get PPS value.

p/s - plus a certain someone has been looking forward to it. When royalty ask, the jester complies.
      Last edited by SQFAN; 12 November 2007, 07:58 AM.

Comment

That Mr I sure gets around the globe! I had a very enjoyable dinner in SIN Saturday evening with Mr. I, Jubilee777 & ws8n. SQFG & sailaway75 also joined in via phone. It was a great opportunity to catch up with some very good friends.
        Last edited by cawhite; 12 November 2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
          That Mr I sure gets around the globe! I had a very enjoyable dinner in SIN Saturday evening with Mr. I, Jubilee777 & ws8n. SQFG & sailaway75 also joined in via phone. It was a great opportunity to catch up with some very good friends.
          Any spanking to report?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

If you're referencing what I think...nobody fell asleep.

Comment

It was a great opportunity to catch up with some very good friends.
              Indeed

Comment

The food looks very very yummy

Comment

Glad to see all of you had much fun! *burp*

Comment

At long last...a few photos from last Saturday.

Chicken rice from Boon Tong Kee

Dinner in style - the Veuve, the water - it was even perfectly color-coordinated with the decor! Rumour has it this might just be the prototype for any future SKLs.

Dinner with friends...Priceless! ws8n, jubilee777 & Mr.I

Sadly, the curry puffs weren't around long enough for any photos to be taken of them. But they were fantastic!

Comment

The chicken rice looks yummy! I am hungry now.

Before my A380 flight, I had an honour to meet sailaway75 and J777. We had laksa. And yes, I was glad that I talked on the phone with ws8n whose jaws were dropped hearing a shocking story.
                      The night before, I crossed path with DeltaFlyingProf at SKL, J777, then later on meeting upright man and Mr. M at Wisma Atria Food Republic.
                      Unfortunately on all of these occassions, I did not take any pictures.

But, in short, I was so glad to see you all had great times last Saturday. The rose champagne seems a trend everywhere nowdays.
                      Last edited by CGK; 15 November 2007, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Oh.... ws8n was terrible in pouring the champagne.....1/3 of it spilled everywhere except in the glass......

Fortunately....we urgently paged for a professional sommelier for help...it was worthy of SQ F standards...now...do we have a picture of that ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                          ...Fortunately....we urgently paged for a professional sommelier for help...it was worthy of SQ F standards...now...do we have a picture of that ??
                          I'm glad you asked...

Comment

I'm glad you asked...
                            Ahh...didn't you specify it was a SKL mockup

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                              Ahh...didn't you specify it was a SKL mockup
                              How could I miss that? It was in the first photo post above...
                              Rumour has it this might just be the prototype for any future SKLs.
                              But it's definitely worth mentioning again!

Comment

You all are so lucky to have a sommelier in tow. My Suite LSS was pouring the Krug not like that at all. Like me who is naive, shy and innocent!

Comment

Working...
                                X