Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
    Is it time to start a hot towel thread ala the hot nuts thread you see on the UA boards
    I had started the not so hot towel thread already.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Thank you SQ LPP for organising the DO and allowing me the opportunity to meet the other friendly SQTalkers (and SOs). I had a marvellous time.

Shame I wasn't feeling well - lost my voice, slightly deaf, sore throat, runny nose, body felt like being run over by a truck, etc. So if I came across as being miserable, please forgive me.

Is everyone at the DO feeling ok now? Did I manage to spread my germs?
    You are very welcome. Hope you are not tired of these crazy flyers. And you know next time when you pass Singapore, what we can do! And yeah you haven't tried the chicken rice and curry puff ... next time ...

The germs will work after couple days for me... so I will report back soon... especially, there is another person with cold as well. But for you, next time go with non-LCC flight. You will get 100% air circulation on board, instead of certain percentage only. Just kidding.

Have a safe trip home!

Comment

• Here are more pictures from the gathering last week!
      (Thank you, SQFAN, for the photos! )

SQ LPP (trying his hand at lou yu-shang with help from Jubilee777 to take the picture) and Phaleesy.

Phaleesy eyeing the Uncle Lapan fish while still munching on the SamSui Chicken.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 20 February 2008, 02:49 PM. Reason: Terminology correction

Comment

• And here you go, from right: Mr. I, SuperJonJon & fiancee.

Last edited by SQ LPP; 20 February 2008, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• last night, me and fellow SQ Talker HugeAL had front-row courtside seats for the lakers at staples center against the warriors. Being easter sunday, the place was packed with its usual high-wattage LA-celebrities. We were sitting within 12 feet of rapper Nelly. We were treated to LA's version of the Singapore Girl- the Laker Girl, looking great and getting the crowd into the game with their dancing and cheering. The game was absolutely incredible- warriors go up by 26 early in the second-half, so HugeAL and I go to the Royal Room, which is a club inside the Staples Center reserved for only the first few rows, and order some food and drinks and watch the game on the flat-screens only to watch kobe bryant lead his team all the way back to take a lead with under 3:00 to play. So now we're back at our seats and the noise level is deafening after Kobe makes an unbelievable no-look pass for a Lakers dunk. However, the warriors make a couple of huge 3-pointers with under a minute to go, and the warriors got the win. Being one of the few warriors fans in attendance I was very happy, which must have been incredibly embarrassing for HugeAL since I was screaming at the top of my lungs throughout the game. HugeAL and I then went out to a japanese lounge bar over in the japantown area of LA and had some wine and relaxed. I'll try and post several of the pics we took from the night... it was definitely a great time and one i look forward to again.

Comment

• reserved for pics

Comment

Comment

• Sounds like a very fun Easter Sunday, can't wait to see the pics!

I was stuck in the kitchen as I stupidly volunteered to help my aunt with Easter Sunday Roast despite knowing next to nothing about cooking.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Lakers WIN

Yeah, yesterday ROCKED. Many thanks to taipeiflyer, who secured such great seats!

I've got some pics in my camera also and hope to post the G rated ones...

Needless to say, taipeiflyer may be a bit embarrassed tonight as the Lakers beat the Warriors on their home turf of Oakland in overtime.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

• Sounds like a fun weekend for our LA branch. Looking forward to the pics.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      SQFAN, please provide captions for your Italian dishes. They look yummy and I'm curious what some of them are.

Did you eat this raw?
                      It's raw fish. Salmon, swordfish, prawns.

Is this duck?
                      Veal! Every slice is cooked only on one side.

What is this? Is it the feet of a pig?
                      I had something which looked similar to this in Spain. The texture was squidgy. I found out a few weeks later that it was pig's feet.
                      This is veal. Typical milanese dish. "osso buco" (I checked on the web and it seems there's no english for) . The amber cream is called "gremolada".
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Thanks for the explanations, Luke! Mmmm, Italian food!

It reminds me of one of my most enjoyable holidays years ago - phaleesy and I took FR to Bologna (Forli) and from there, we used public transport to get to and around Le Marche and Abruzzo, e.g. Atri, Loreto, Ascoli Piceno, Urbino etc. With no itinerary planned, we booked accommodation as we went along (thanks to the Rough Guide and Lonely Planet - no easy Internet access in those days) and stayed in small Italian hotels/guest houses, some of them with home cooking.

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                        This is veal. Typical milanese dish. "osso buco"
                        Doesn't it mean in Italian "bone hole" or something like that ? And I believe the dish actually contains bone marrow ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Doesn't it mean in Italian "bone hole" or something like that ? And I believe the dish actually contains bone marrow ?
                          Yes, correct.
                          The marrow used to be the last thing to eat (if u like it, of course!)

Comment

• strange...as I posted the food description here http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...4&postcount=42

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              The Starter

Bresaola, I think...air dried beef with black rice

erm... THIS IS GOOSE!!!!!!!!!! Not Bresaola!!!!

A selection of thick cut prociutto cruddo (raw ham).
                              Just a Correction... Prosciutto Crudo (San Daniele)

Comment

• Gosh, that was goose? Must go again to Milan ...

Comment

Working...
                                X