Ah, that network of SQTalk friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    So do they sell tins of caviar there? It's always a nice snack for long flights.
    My idea of a good snack is keropok, snickers bars and Pocky pocky. A lot more humble and cheaper than yours.

You must have a high metabolism to need snacks on flights. I usually can't even finish what's put in front of me and I travel in Y!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Would love to pose you a question... do you think I have "caviar"-look? The reason I asked is that when I was at ZRH, I stopped by the Caviar House shop. There were about 6 other who came into the shop. The lady greeted everyone, but she approached me and apologized that the "traditional" were run out.
      I don't sell caviar, so I don't know how the caviar clientele look like.

But, based on my experience working in a shop at T1 SIN many years ago, I can identify the browsers and the buyers. Browsers somewhat drift around aimlessly, presumably just killing time before their flights. They may or may not purchase anything. The buyers who already know what they want to buy normally walk straight into the shop with a sense of purpose, and head towards the relevant area of the shop. They're usually in a hurry as well.

I'd say the lady either 1) recognises you from your previous visits , or 2) you walked into the shop with a determined stride to purchase something which most retailers can recognise, or 3) you fit the look of a 'sophisticated, affluent and middle-aged ' client.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        ... or 3) you fit the look of a 'sophisticated, affluent and middle-aged ' client.
        This must be off the mark. I had Laurent poking his head out from my bag. An immature old man looking!

Comment

My idea of a good snack is keropok, snickers bars and Pocky pocky.
          Gosh, had completely missed out on pocky for many many years until I went to Japan recently and overdosed on it.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          This must be off the mark. I had Laurent poking his head out from my bag. An immature old man looking!
          I guess the shop assistant saw what the 'immature old man' was using to carry Laurent. Bling....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
            I guess the shop assistant saw what the 'immature old man' was using to carry Laurent. Bling....
            Just that Tumi tote bag.

Comment

You must have a high metabolism to need snacks on flights. I usually can't even finish what's put in front of me and I travel in Y!
              The meals in Y are often too small for me. I usually go into the galley asking for seconds, otherwise I'd just munch on whatever snacks on offer. I liked those plates of little cakes NZ offered whenever they topped up my champers.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hmmm ... definitely dodgy character left-most in the picture. Why is he punching the poor wall ??? I'm glad the other upstanding SQTalkers were able to keep him in line.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Hmmm ... definitely dodgy character left-most in the picture. Why is he punching the poor wall ??? I'm glad the other upstanding SQTalkers were able to keep him in line.
                  Too much coffee from Coffee Beans. Or else, the hang over from NY Eve party. I heard three of them were at Conrad Bar till sunrise...

Comment

Definitely dodgy is an understatement. He was in Melbourne too, claiming to be Leroy's father!

Comment

Ssshhh, don't give away the secret club hand signal.

Comment

• Hi all,
                        I've not logged in since I was in TYO, and i don't think I've been offline for this long. It was nice to meet some SQTalkers last night (SuperJonJon, Sir I and blast-off). Am just dropping a note to say hi, and that I've got into Nottingham safe and sound. Am currently in Hotel Nickbot - it's fit for a king (and/or queen) but alas it does not award Starpoints nor stay credits. The MB toiletries are great though.

Oh and Nick says hi!

Gotta run, might try to log in again at the LHR tonight.

Incriminating pics will be put up soonish.

Signing out for now,
                        Keith
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Incriminating pics will be put up soonish.
                          Who is this strange man using my computer to check SQTalk?!

Quick lunch in Nottingham - shame they wouldn't allow us to drink the BYO champagne supplied by KeithMEL, courtesy of kind QF FA's!

A fleeting visit and the intrepid DONE4 traveller is back on his way south again

Many thanks for making the trip up to see me mate, very much appreciated

Comment

• Thanks for the updated pictures, nickbot. I thought it would be full of empty glasses in the pictures!

Comment

I thought it would be full of empty glasses in the pictures!
                              Perhaps I'm a sobering influence on the young man in question,...or perhaps the waiter in the restaurant was efficient in clearing glasses

Comment

• At Corduroy and Finch in Singapore:

The gang (LTR) Evan from AFF, Sir I, blast-off, SuperJonJon, and myself.

And dedicated to phaleesy - the food some of us had:

Smoked salmon with rosti and ossetra caviar (a bit messed up as I'd been digging for the caviar - well there weren't much of it actually)

Lamb shank

Beef burger

Chef at this establishment had changed and thus they no longer have their once signature Hungarian Goulash...
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 16 January 2008, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X