Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Welcome to SQTalk - Introduce yourself here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there:

Didn't report myself when I first joined SQTalk. Joined on 3rd December 2010 after my first encounter with SQ, did KUL-MEL on 15th Nov and return on 2nd Dec 2010.

I can just describe SQ's service in one word: SUPERB! Been wanting to fly SQ since I was a kid. Achieved my dream last year. Did B744 (twice), B772ER, and A333. My A388 got swapped with 744 due to RR fiasco. A blessing in disguise since B744 is on the way out.

A bit of my history. Born Sarawakian, but grew up in Brunei. Aviation bug bite me when I took my first flight with RBA from BWN to SIN (757 back then). Since then, I have been following latest news in aviation.

Now, studying in KL enables me to shuttle between KL and Brunei quite a lot. Taking MH, AK and BI at my disposal. Back then when we had only MH and BI, the airfares were expensive. The introduction of LCC surely put less pain in my parents' wallet.

Similarly, I never would have imagine I would be able to take SQ at all since I am a student. I had been taking AK, MH, and BI for most of my life. Discounted fares somemore. Opportunity came when I was invited to MEL for a meeting and the uni will bear the travel expenses. Instead of taking D7 or MH like in 2009, I jumped on the chance to take SQ.

Paid RM3019 for return trip. (a figure I will always remember). Quite cheap in comparison to MH 3700+ and EK RM 3500+.....The rest is history.

Photography bug bit me last year when I bought a Canon DSLR as the price was dropping drastically. Still learning to take better pictures...

I have been learning a lot from all of you 'seniors' here in SQTalk. So, please do point teach....thank you all in advance.

With much regards:
    Julius Wong.

B744: 9V-SMU-9V-SPN
    B772ER: 9V-SRI
    A333: 9V-STE
    Last edited by jul247; 23 February 2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• Hi Julius and welcome onboard.

Comment

• Lovely introduction
        Good luck on your studies
        Warm welcome to SQTalk

Comment

• Originally posted by leo View Post
          Hi Julius and welcome onboard.
          Thanks a bunch Leo! Have a great day ahead!

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Lovely introduction
          Good luck on your studies
          Warm welcome to SQTalk
          Thanks a bunch, 9V-SIA!! Cheers mate!

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk jul247, put on the flame-proof suit!

Just kidding...

(except for HUGE AL, he bites)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              HUGE AL

Comment

• Welcome to SQTalk, jul247
                Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Welcome to SQTalk jul247, put on the flame-proof suit!

Just kidding...

hahas!! thanks a bunch!!! and the reminder...lolx!

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                  Welcome to SQTalk, jul247
                  Thanks a million Aulia!!

Comment

• Hi!

Am new to SQtalk.

A little bit about myself - Studied in Boston, recently graduated and am back in Singapore. Totally obsessed with commercial aviation.

I would probably write my first trip report come June when I go to KTM with MI.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future. =)

Comment

• Originally posted by JMNG View Post
                      Hi!

Am new to SQtalk.

A little bit about myself - Studied in Boston, recently graduated and am back in Singapore. Totally obsessed with commercial aviation.

I would probably write my first trip report come June when I go to KTM with MI.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the near future. =)
                      Welcome JMNG, looking forward to your report and contributions!
                      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• New here. Whats up?!

Hi all!
                        As my name probably dictates, I'm Singapore Airlines ground staff in Houston. Was surprised to see that there's actually a forum dedicated to SQ, which is great. SQ is a great company to work for, even if the flight benefits aren't what Continental, United, and the like have to offer. I'm proud to be a part of such a great community.
                        Sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread, but I don't see an introductions forum at all. Introductions or Hello/Goodbye forum would be a great much-needed addon for the new members to post and let everyone know a little about themselves. Point me in that direction if there's already one here that I missed.

Comment

• Selamat datang......

Houston, do we have a problem?

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Hopefully not! haha. Headed to SG tomorrow afternoon actually for training. Looking forward to my first trip with SIA since December.

Comment

• Welcome IAHSQ Guy,

The answer to your suggestion lies in the sticky topic above where your post now sits...

"Hello and welcom to SQTalk - Introduce yourself here"

Enjoy your stay...

Comment

• Thanks for moving my post, Gunnar. Looking forward to meeting the community.

Comment

Working...
                                X