How many DSLR users here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    SQfg, the 5D is not that heavy you know! It is a reasonable size and weight.
    But you're a strong girl

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    I met someone in B&H who told me about a Tamron lens which could cover the 18mm (or therabouts) to 200mm range. I think someone has also mentioned it here on this thread. Don't know about the aperture though. Might be a good all round lens in good lighting situations.
    Tamron's latest is an 18-270 :o VC LD 3.5-5.6 (or 6.3) I can't remember. 15x zoom....... I have my doubts it's any good though.

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
    Well, that's the idea, anyway. When I had the EF 28-135 IS mounted on my film EOS 50, I remember going down easily to 1/15 and sometimes to 1/8 (that's speed, 1/8th of a second). But generally, the optical quality of the 24-70/2.8L is superior to that of 24-105/4L.
    I may end up with the 24-70, and supplement it with a 70-200, but that range is mind boggling and I don't have the strength of Phaleesy to lift these. What do you think, for my needs, between the F4L USM, F4L IS USM, F2.8L USM and F2.8L IS USM? - there's obviously a huge gap in price between the 1st and last!

Comment

• Yes, there is a huge gap between the four versions. I have the 2.8, IS, USM and it's very good.

But from what I've heard consistently over the years is that the F4 IS USM is the best bet, value for money is excellent and quality wise it is just a little bit below the F2.8 (essentially meaning that on a print up of at least up to A4 size you just cannot tell the difference between the two with a naked eye...)

The F4 IS USM is also the newest of the gang, it's the so called "4th generation IS"; my F2.8 IS USM is 3rd generation IS (purchased in 2007).

So if you want to buy something and keep it, this is the one. It's fairly light and smaller that the F2.8 IS USM, it's not darn expensive, it delivers excellent quality, and needless to say it blows away the competition (3rd party lenses of same focal length).

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I was at my friend's wedding and her cameramen all had big arms from carrying around those 1DS MkIII's and all their kit.
        Mmmm, yes! Reminds me of some poor sod with big arms developed from lugging a heavy Manfrotto tripod around for a fortnight, 30,000 miles, 15 flights and 11 hotels ... which in the end did not get taken out of its case even once!

Comment

• Originally posted by rodders View Post
          I have never gone wrong with my LowePro slingshot bag. Here is a link for it.
          http://products.lowepro.com/product/...-AW,2036,4.htm

It is easy to use, access equip and it is waterproof. Great design.

Whatever you chose, given the expense of your equip - please make sure you protect it from rain!
          I have a LowePro bag. Not sure if it is waterproof. Assuming it is waterproof, I would not have to do anything further to protect the equipment inside?

Just wondering how do people protect their equipment when they're using them in the rain? Do I get my PA to hold an umbrella over it? Or do I have to get the 1D?

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
          - The Canon 5DII was indeed available, though the dead pixels issue has not been resolved yet. Therefore for those considering the purchase, best is to put it off for the moment till Canon releases the firmware fix and starts to ship models that do not suffer from this flaw. It is not a big deal, it is something that happens only if you point the camera to the sun or sky under specific conditions, but for this kind of equipment and price tag, consumers should not be the Guinea-pigs and actual testers of the product.
          Question for 5D II users... what's the verdict? Happy with your purchase?

Comment

• I have a fujiflim finepix s1500

good DSLR.
            even though the brand isnt that famous
            Last edited by GoldenPigeon; 10 June 2009, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
              I am a fujiflim finepix s1500
              Really? You are a camera? Must be a new model that has the ability to think and type on SQTalk. Actually, forget the "think" part.

good DSLR.
              It's not a DSLR.
              even though the brand isnt that famous
              Fujifilm is a very well known brand.

Why do you post on SQTalk?

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                Actually, forget the "think" part.

It's not a DSLR.

I'm with stargold on this.

Comment

• Ok boys... let's be nice here please mwah mwah.....

Comment

Really? You are a camera? Must be a new model that has the ability to think and type on SQTalk. Actually, forget the "think" part.

It's not a DSLR.

Its a DSLR.

Since this thread is "how many DSLR users here"
                    i have the right to post what is related to this thread.

Dont jus because of the SIN-ORD thread. and you have something against me

If you have anything against me, jus speak out. We solve it.
                    and
                    Mind your own manners,please

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
                      Dont jus because of the SIN-ORD thread. and you have something against me

If you have anything against me, jus speak out. We solve it.
                      and
                      Mind your own manners,please

thanks
                      With all the due respect, could we stop with questions and cutting remarks unsolicited?
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenPigeon View Post
                        Its a DSLR.
                        Ok so back to the topic. The Fujifilm FinePix S1500 is a compact camera, and by definition not a DSLR.

http://www.dphotojournal.com/fujifil...amples-manual/

Fujifilm FinePix S1500 is a 10 megapixels compact camera features 12x optical zoom (equivalent to 33 - 396mm on a 35mm camera) with dual image stabilization, panorama mode, ISO 64-6400, and a 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor.

Comment

• http://www.photographyblog.com/revie...x_s1500_review

The Fujifilm FinePix S1500 is a new super-zoom digital compact camera that looks and feels like a DSLR.
                          ... but isn't actually a DSLR.

Comment

• Alright, now that that's established, I think we could all just calm down - why flog a dead horse?

Back on topic, I'm really impressed with the micro four-thirds standard. Wonder what it'll take for the Canon/Nikon camps to adopt something this innovative (or indeed, if they even would be allowed)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Back on topic, I'm really impressed with the micro four-thirds standard. Wonder what it'll take for the Canon/Nikon camps to adopt something this innovative (or indeed, if they even would be allowed)?
                              I think m4/3 will be more enticing when there are more lens selections which take into advantage the smaller form factor. At the moment, I can see that only four lenses have been released/announced, and none of them a decent prime.

What I would love to see is a couple of pancake lenses for m4/3 - that would make the G1/GH1 a very attractive travel setup, IMHO. And the photos of the new Oly m4/3 camera (EP-1) floating around the net looks quite interesting - though way too much bling with that silver body!

Comment

• Now, this is more like it - a m4/3 camera that seems to take full advantage of the smaller form factor, and a bunch of new lenses (including a prime with 34mm equiv.).

Looks very attractive - the silver/black looks perfect in fact!

Comment

Working...
                                X