Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Anyway I usually travel with 3 phones: 2 home cell numbers and 1 local number.
    Why 2 home cell numbers ? One for each ear ?

Leave a comment:

• WSSS
    replied
    That's really a lot of stuff to carry around during your travels. Well, getting a local line (or prepaid card) is much much cheaper than dialing using Autoroam.

You replaced your N95?? So fast???!!

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Sorry - E61i replaced E61 and N95 replaced... err.. forgot which one.

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Latest additions: Nokia E61i, N95.
    Now, I wonder, how many phones you carry on your trip? Five? Eight? Ten?

Leave a comment:

• Coathanger
    replied
    I went through a whole bunch of phones last year from the Motorola Razr V3, Blackberry 7290 and the Palm Treo 650. Turns out that I rarely used the functions on these "smart" phones (smart = resets often) and I got tired lugging them around.

So my "new" phone is a red Nokia 8210.

Lovely!

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    E90 looks lovely! Maybe a little bulky for the back pocket though? Will add it to my list of phones to look into in preparation for contract renewal time!

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Latest additions: Nokia E61i, N95. The E90 looks good compared to the older versions but I can't justify the extra weight for no extra features that I would use compared to the E61i.

Leave a comment:

• pilotsnoopy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pilotsnoopy
    replied
    forget the N95...

E90 is the way to go...

Leave a comment:

• milehighj
    replied
    At the moment, Nokia E61i for personal use (love it!), and Dopod C720 for work (detest it!)...

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by CGK View Post
    I overheard someone said he carries 8 cell phones while traveling!
    I heard that too. Isn't it .......

Leave a comment:

• CGK
    replied
    Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I must start by saying I'm not particularly bothered by super-duper mobile phones. I've now had one for years and it's just a necessary evil where the office can get hold of me wherever I am. I've also got the 'old style' Blackberry and am getting fed up with carrying both. Having said that, I was doing the usual last minute rushing around prior to a trip last month and forgot my phone which was charging. The Blackberry 'saved' me on that 10 day trip.

However, I was in town on Saturday and called in at my service provider's shop as I had a slight problem with my current Nokia. No idea what model it is !!. Cutting a long story short he looked at our account and spoke to customer services about it, the upshot of which the offered me an upgrade (ahead of time) and gave me one of these N95's.

As I said I'm not too bothered about having a top of the range phone, but this thing does seem pretty good. It's still charging at home so I'll fire it up and have a play with it tonight. Looking at this thread it would seem that I have done OK getting this, bearing in mind I only went in cos my speaker was on the blink.
    New N95 should come along handy with TPP status by the end of Aug! Perfect!

I overheard someone said he carries 8 cell phones while traveling!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    I would certainly love to help but you need to give me a few hours to try to extract the chinese characters from the phone. Even though I am technically a "techie", I have no idea how to do the above operation!

N95 Asia Pacific Firmware
    Thanks, SuperJonJon for your reply and the firmware link. The firmware link isn't enough for me because I need the fonts inside them - the only way for me to get them out would be to reflash my firmware (with the risk of turning my phone into a brick), copy the fonts and then flash the firmware back to the European version.

If it won't spoil the fun of extracing the characters (for me anyway - I love tinkering around with devices), I'll write down tonight step-by-step instructions for doing so and PM you. It involves installing the free Y-Browser file manager, copying the fonts from a directory (the firmware appears as a drive) to your memory card and then copying off your memory card to a PC.

Leave a comment:

• MAN Flyer
    replied
    I must start by saying I'm not particularly bothered by super-duper mobile phones. I've now had one for years and it's just a necessary evil where the office can get hold of me wherever I am. I've also got the 'old style' Blackberry and am getting fed up with carrying both. Having said that, I was doing the usual last minute rushing around prior to a trip last month and forgot my phone which was charging. The Blackberry 'saved' me on that 10 day trip.

However, I was in town on Saturday and called in at my service provider's shop as I had a slight problem with my current Nokia. No idea what model it is !!. Cutting a long story short he looked at our account and spoke to customer services about it, the upshot of which the offered me an upgrade (ahead of time) and gave me one of these N95's.

As I said I'm not too bothered about having a top of the range phone, but this thing does seem pretty good. It's still charging at home so I'll fire it up and have a play with it tonight. Looking at this thread it would seem that I have done OK getting this, bearing in mind I only went in cos my speaker was on the blink.

Leave a comment:

• SuperJonJon
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Having had the N95 since Friday, I think it's a brilliant phone and the only problem I've found (so far) is that the European firmware which my phone has doesn't have the Chinese characters in the Asia Pacific firmware. Battery life seems not great but sufficient and I don't use the GPS.

Now if only somebody who has a phone with the Asia Pacific firmware could send me the fonts from their phone, I could install them in mine and get the ability to display Chinese characters...
    I would certainly love to help but you need to give me a few hours to try to extract the chinese characters from the phone. Even though I am technically a "techie", I have no idea how to do the above operation!

N95 Asia Pacific Firmware
    Last edited by SuperJonJon; 18 June 2007, 10:36 AM. Reason: Added URL link

Leave a comment:

Working...
X