Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• khellek
    replied
    Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Also curious about the usage of WhatsApp - available for iPhone and Crackberries.
    It's basically a cross platform (iPhone and Blackberry) IM tool. To send and receive messages, WhatsApp utilizes the internet data plan or wifi.

Leave a comment:

• JWNY
    replied
    Have you turned BLACK yet?

JWNY

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    iPhone (and Crackberry) Apps

Wondering if any iPhone owners have used any of the vBulletin apps and which one works best with SQTalk.

Also curious about the usage of WhatsApp - available for iPhone and Crackberries.

Leave a comment:

• haf
    replied
    i'll just add, the last year or two has been great for phone options! so many choices out there!

Leave a comment:

• haf
    replied
    two very nice phones there guys! well done.

i bought a nexus one (the google phone) last month and use my hero as my overseas phones (using a SIM local to that country)

-push email (like blackberry)
    -full sync of google services (and auto backup!) - gmail, bookmarks, docs, podcasts, search, map queries (starred items), google streeview in singapore, turn by turn navigation
    -full sync of facebook contacts (so you can get status updates and their photos in your contacts view)
    -AMOLED screen (pure blacks - easy on the eyes)
    -easy full day of batter power (with 3G connected all day) - the e72 would be very good at battery too i imagine!
    -2 microphones (1 is noise cancelling) so taking a call outside on in a busy area isn't an issue for the person on the other end.

i use an ipod touch as well as there are some apps i like from the app store. but as a phone, very happy with the nexus one!

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    since this thread is up again, let me post my latest toy...

got this HTC HD2 last week..... as a secondary phone... using iPhone, but not miss the easy customisation of a WM phone... so went and got it... still playing with it, ... installed some essential programs ... will be hacking into the system to make the home screen to what I like....

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
    Well, the Samsung phone screen keyboard has decided this am to be 'inactive' or 'non-operating' till further notice. Cannot even type the pin code in order to practically switch on the 2-SIM card device...

As a result, new member in the family has just arrived, in brown/gold color. Email connectivity to be added in the days to come, and I'm curious to see how it feels, first time for me using this on a mobile phone.

Last edited by N_Architect; 11 February 2010, 01:17 AM. Reason: Added picture of the E72.

Leave a comment:

• kapitan
    replied
    I carry one of these around everytime I travel

it fold up nicely into a small package...

Very useful when battery run low on the iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Originally posted by flyguy View Post
    the iphone is great with all its apps - but only major problem is it battery life and cant last hardly a day and one cant even keep a spare battery as its built-in and cant be removed.
    That's true, my batt lasts 2 days max. I carry the USB cable around with me, and simply plug it into the computer when it needs charging; it's lot less bulky than regular mobile phone chargers.

Leave a comment:

• flyguy
    replied
    the iphone is great with all its apps - but only major problem is it battery life and cant last hardly a day and one cant even keep a spare battery as its built-in and cant be removed.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    I'd just caved in and have gotten myself an iPhone 3GS. Love it!

Leave a comment:

• JWNY
    replied
    Am using the BlackBerry Bold 9700...highly recommended

JWNY

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Starting to sound like you miss Korea!
    To be honest, I miss some elements of life there, especially working with our colleagues in the stations we have in the region.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Originally posted by N_Architect View Post

Decided to get this twin-SIM phone, as coming up here I wanted to have both my Greek (personal) but also my local (business) mobile phone cards in one device.

One phone, one charger, one set of batteries. Simpler is better, especially when travelling or going in/out of office frequently.

Battery duration could be better, though.

[Unbelievable I chose a Korean phone, yes, I know... And it's not only Korean, it's made by Samsung as well... and wait till you read this: I'm typing all this text in a Samsung 15.4" laptop pc which I bought back in May '06...]
    Starting to sound like you miss Korea!

Leave a comment:

• allmotor_2000
    replied
    iPhone 3GS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X