Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    anyone here use a vertu? i could never justify spending a minimum of $5,000 on a phone (at least as long as SQ is still in business and i can be flying on a 777-300ER for that money), but i would love to hear some user feedback on the phone and concierge service.

Leave a comment:

• LightSpeed
    replied
    I have a Nokia N95. Amazing what they've been able to cram into a device that size. Takes a toll on its battery life though.

Leave a comment:

• nickbot
    replied
    I do have to say, in my eyes there is only one manufacturer and that's Nokia - too many bad experiences with poor offerings from the other companies out there. Motorola, as a prime example, may make nice looking phones, but their user interface is still in the mid to late 1980s !

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    i used an SL55 siemens for about 8 months a few years ago and found it to be a pretty good phone. however, i still prefer nokia, motorola and sony ericsson in that particular order.

Leave a comment:

• singaporu_kooku
    replied
    Siemens was very good actually... But their software development in the last few years is not that great. Many phones has their firmwares crashed and not very user friendly. My last Siemens phone was S35 in 2001.

Leave a comment:

• bloob
    replied
    I have owned and used only one Siemens mobile phone, it has to be the absolutely worse phone I've ever used. It was the Siemens S40 and it was really buggy, it would hang several times a day, dropped calls, difficult to use, short battery life. I ditched it after 2 months and bought a Motorola then finally a Sony Ericsson phone, and I've been very happy since.

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dynasty View Post
    For me, I'm using the Siemens S65. I think Siemens mobile's products are the best and the most durable and reliable in compare with the others. I have been using 4 Siemens' products before, which still give me a very good impression at all, although the company's mobile phone department has been closed, BenQ-Siemens has closed its production line also.

But if you want your cell phone to be very stylish, very functional, helps you to pursuit for lots of fun, then Siemens will be very bad. But if you want something that is very practical, durable and have a very quick response in typical documentary works, well, I think Siemens can fully suits your needs. I recommend you to buy it.
    you sound like a sales rep for Siemens. =) You really love all things taiwanese- i know you are a big fan of China Air and Eva, and you have a love for Benq phones as well. Do you use an Acer computer? Are you from Taiwan?

Leave a comment:

• Dynasty
    replied
    For me, I'm using the Siemens S65. I think Siemens mobile's products are the best and the most durable and reliable in compare with the others. I have been using 4 Siemens' products before, which still give me a very good impression at all, although the company's mobile phone department has been closed, BenQ-Siemens has closed its production line also.

But if you want your cell phone to be very stylish, very functional, helps you to pursuit for lots of fun, then Siemens will be very bad. But if you want something that is very practical, durable and have a very quick response in typical documentary works, well, I think Siemens can fully suits your needs. I recommend you to buy it.

Leave a comment:

• bloob
    replied
    Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
    Hmmm... interesting... "back from the future" phone, eh...???

Hehe... ah well, it has served me well, bugs and all, and its form factor is really unique and very useful for me.

I will be retiring it soon and getting the SonyEricsson P1i.

Leave a comment:

• singaporu_kooku
    replied
    Originally posted by bloob View Post
    I've been using my SonyEricsson P990i since I got it in Oct 2007. Good smartphone with touchscreen and keyboard.
    Hmmm... interesting... "back from the future" phone, eh...???

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    got the nokia 8600 for my birthday. it has some cool features (love the flashing keypad at night), but i think it's overpriced.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    8830 Blackberry. This thing sucks! Drops calls and have to do hard resets often. I miss old cell that was only a phone.

Leave a comment:

• sqforever
    replied
    Right now I use some Samsung flip phone with camera, don't know what model but its nothing special. Although my 2-year contract is ending soon and I'll get a Sanyo Katana from Sprint-hate them-want to switch to ATT&T soon.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    My service provider allowed me to shorten my contract. Thus I upgraded to the Sony Ericsson W880i today. Happy with it so far.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 August 2007, 11:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Got a new Nokia 8600 today as a gift.
    I am grateful that I didn't pay for this phone. Nice but not worth paying more than N95 for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X