No announcement yet.

Third runway and T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting to note from this pic that the terminal seems to wrap around the SATS inflight catering centre. Plus there seems to be a vehicular bridge right beside the catering centre. The design of the ramp control tower seems a tad too bland in my opinion.

Comment

• Any idea who's that Reggae dude?

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
        Interesting to note from this pic that the terminal seems to wrap around the SATS inflight catering centre. Plus there seems to be a vehicular bridge right beside the catering centre. The design of the ramp control tower seems a tad too bland in my opinion.
        Functional is the keyword here. It is after all the budget terminal.

However, I like the way they intend to plant trees at the upper deck of the taxi holding area. Very kind of them to remember to give the drivers some shade.

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
          Any idea who's that Reggae dude?
          David Buffonge, Asian director at Benoy.

Comment

• Originally posted by boing View Post
            Interesting to note from this pic that the terminal seems to wrap around the SATS inflight catering centre. Plus there seems to be a vehicular bridge right beside the catering centre. The design of the ramp control tower seems a tad too bland in my opinion.
            40% of pax arriving at T4 (out of total capacity) will be using remote bays. Because of space constraints, the remote bays are located on the other side of the ECP. The vehicular bridge is the connection. If you notice the box next to the bridge, that is the T4 bus terminal housing 10 bus gates.

The whole design, to me, is bland. It will be comfortable but i don't think it is memorable architecturally. Changi's emphasis, just like in the other terminals, is indeed on the content and not the looks. Making money is definitely more of a priority rather than an architectural statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
              The whole design, to me, is bland. It will be comfortable but i don't think it is memorable architecturally. Changi's emphasis, just like in the other terminals, is indeed on the content and not the looks. Making money is definitely more of a priority rather than an architectural statement.
              And that is exactly what the LCCs have demanded, even before the original Budget Terminal was built. Hence the design, IMO, has been driven by the twin-objective of maximising revenues (more shops) and minimizing costs (large pax traffic, smaller footprint). I would assume the true LCCs will use the remote parking bays more often than the pretend-LCCs.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                And that is exactly what the LCCs have demanded, even before the original Budget Terminal was built. Hence the design, IMO, has been driven by the twin-objective of maximising revenues (more shops) and minimizing costs (large pax traffic, smaller footprint). I would assume the true LCCs will use the remote parking bays more often than the pretend-LCCs.
                Oh, talking about maximizing revenue,

T4 will have the passport control at one end of the building, furthest from most gates. The idea is to force people to walk past as many shops as possible.

It won't be like T1,2,3 where you have an option of turning right or left after the immigration. In T4, everyone walks past every shop towards the gates.

Comment

• its a relieve and good to know that the new budget T4 will now have aerobridges as initially when they announce the new T4, it was without aerobridges - and I did write in to CAAS then and now good to know now they have incorporated the aerobridges in. Its also will help prevent some delays due inclement weather and especially nowadays with the weather changes we see more rainfall at this current period.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    its a relieve and good to know that the new budget T4 will now have aerobridges as initially when they announce the new T4, it was without aerobridges - and I did write in to CAAS then and now good to know now they have incorporated the aerobridges in. Its also will help prevent some delays due inclement weather and especially nowadays with the weather changes we see more rainfall at this current period.
                    With the 26 mix of narrow and wide-body parking bays with aerobridges, I think that's truly a step-up when compared to other LCC terminals I've been (limited). However as you may have read in today's ST, AirAsia is projecting its usual "it better be cheap or we'll not use it" position. That means that they may still opt to use the remote parking bays on the other side of the highway, to hell with rain or physically-challenged passengers who have a hard time with the stairs.

Comment

• Changi's new budget T4 ill not really be a step up in having aerobridges and luckily it chose to have it, as the new KLIA2 will have aerobridges when it should finally be opened in early May 2014. As for Air Asia in Changi, they will either stick to T1 since it first operated into SIN (instead of the then Budget terminal with no aerobridges) or move to the upcoming T4 with aerobridges.

Comment

• I doubt T4 can accommodate both the Tiger Group and AirAsia Group at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
                          I doubt T4 can accommodate both the Tiger Group and AirAsia Group at the same time.
                          And Jetstar too, let's not forget!

Comment

• and not forgetting Firefly, Cebu Pacific - which used to use the Budget terminal and possibly Lion Air and Bangkok Airways. A bigger T4 would have been better to cater for the budget airlines which are predicted to grow at double-digit growth for the next decade at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                              And Jetstar too, let's not forget!
                              I think the Jetstar group will stay put at T1. I believe they have interline arrangements with Qantas and they also offer passengers the option of using the Qantas Club lounge.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                and not forgetting Firefly, Cebu Pacific - which used to use the Budget terminal and possibly Lion Air and Bangkok Airways. A bigger T4 would have been better to cater for the budget airlines which are predicted to grow at double-digit growth for the next decade at least.
                                #off-topic but anyone else here like Firefly? I think it's a rather good airline haha!

Comment

Working...
                                X