Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo in Suites - Riding the A380 to MEL (SQ227 R + TPR Xmas menu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo in Suites - Riding the A380 to MEL (SQ227 R + TPR Xmas menu)

Hello SQTalk - just going to put this little sneak preview. I won't be able to complete this report until the 4th or 5th of January simply because I can't get my canon DPP program to run on my ickle netbook (too poor resolution) - the solitary picture here was taken in JPG so that's why i can already put it up

I guess there have been quite a few R class reports - but at Christmas, it's always speshul. There was indeed a Christmas menu and also a TPR Christmas menu which had a few extras too. Stay tuned

Promise i'll finish it then
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 4 January 2010, 07:15 AM.

whoam i like the Xmas tree design and holding my breath for your full TR

Comment

oh you tease SQFG

Have a happy new year.

Comment

I look forward to this report simply because I did this flight on the 21st in Y and want to know what life is like at the other end of the scale lol
        Ive flown SQ and I adore it

Comment

To continue.......

After a nice and breezy SQ107 from KUL, I realise I haven't had anything to eat all day - and it IS christmas. Time to pile on the calories!

I've kept the TPR invite as a souvenir - and to be honest, they don't really need to see it as they have a list at the TPR door.

The Foie Gras burger's a favourite. I'd love to run through the whole menu today, but I certainly don't have the space for it!

We'll follow that up with the Chinese style lobster - which was very good. Hadn't seen it on the menu before (the three cheese one which people are familiar with seems to be missing)

and then to wrap things up..... the dimsum!

They've included a few lines in the menu for the christmas meats (which was available in the SKL F, but in the TPR, they went to the SKL, carved it and got it for you)

I went and had a look for myself. At this juncture - I'm kinda regretting eating all i ate

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            We'll follow that up with the Chinese style lobster - which was very good. Hadn't seen it on the menu before (the three cheese one which people are familiar with seems to be missing)
            maybe it's a new christmas 'enhancement'.

Anyways, looking forward to the rest as it's set to be an interesting read!
            I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

In any case, I've had too much to eat so the afternoon of mine is spent in the company of a dear friend who's on his way to work - I've left the TPR and after having gone through quite a few times now I'm beginning to realise it's a little hard to warm up to.

The furniture shouts cozy, it shouts warmth

- but the place is usually deserted, and it's probably the coldest (literally and figuratively) place in the airport. I somehow feel the need to "keep it down" and to well and truly behave myself everytime I'm there. I find myself just eating and going usually. You somehow feel you've outlasted your welcome after you've eaten. Maybe it's just me

Next up: To the plane!

Comment

Boarding for SQ227 tonight is at gate A10. 9V-SKI, SQ's 9th A380 is the bird for tonight. She's just come in as SQ321 from London, so no rest for the weary!

By the time I get to the gate, it's already fairly deserted, with most of the pax having boarded. We're 1/12/267 when the flight turns "FF" - or flight finalised.
                It's "FO" or flight open from T-48 hours to check in close at T-40 minutes,
                "FE" or flight editing for a few minutes thereafter, before becoming "FF"

I climb aboard via door L1M and being the only one tonight, they greet me from halfway down the jetbridge.

I love these! They are the first thing to catch my eye aboard!

I dunno if this is a new touch, but the skipper comes out to say hi - and tells me that the flight's gonna be about 6 hours 50 minutes tonight, and it's a relatively westerly route. Assuming we get away on time, which he thinks we will, it'll be a 707am local time arrival in Tulla.

Best part about it - the CSS who'll be doing R on this flight is someone I've flown with before, and we recognise each other!

Time for a quick look around!

Those little placards are personalised cards that say who cleaned and dressed the suite - a nice touch!

Jammies and the "new"ish unisex amenity kit are handed out - I much prefer the older gender specific ones, but I guess this one's pretty nice too.

Time to settle in and enjoy the flight! - to be continued (tomorrow I hope)

Comment

Excellent TR so far, and the menu looks very nice too.

Comment

Great TR with nice pix so far... keep us updated... and thank you please come again

Comment

FANTASTIC TR SQflyergirl. Look forward to reading more!

cheers.

Comment

To continue once more ....

The taxi out to 02C is not that long since we're not at a B gate.

They dim the lights to this level and it makes for a great ambience

A quick flip through Krisworld - and i realise I've just about seen all the new releases - so something off the beaten track for me. I watch this during dinner, and I gotta say, it's pretty hilarious

And we're off! (almost ) on our 3753 mile trek! Just before we turn left from the taxi way to head the other way on 02C

Comment

Right after take off - I browse the menu, and find this lovely little preface to SQ's Christmas menu. Eat drink and be merry so I'm told!

Comment

The menu! SQ227D SIN-MEL (DF) 35-1.1 12 FC

Dinner from Singapore to Melbourne

Create your gastronomic experience from our selection of tantalising options

APPETISERS
                            Chilled malossol caviar
                            With melba toast and condiments

*Salad of lobster, asparagus tips and artichoke "barigoule" with old mustard vinaigrette

SOUPS
                            *Mushroom soup with spices and truffle-foie gras royale

Oriental clear broth with watercress

SALAD
                            Butter lettuce heart with baby cress and cherry tomato
                            Hazelnut vinaigrette
                            Thousand Island dressing

MAIN COURSES
                            *Florentine style cod in seafood coulis, sauteed spinach and potato gnocchi

Roast Christmas Tom Turkey with Chestnut stuffing, truffle giblet gravy,
                            cranberry kumquat compote, sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon and spiced
                            sweet potatoes

Singapore bak kut teh
                            Hokkien style pork spareribs in a peppered broth served with fragrant steamed rice
                            A renowned local favourite

Nasi Uduk
                            Indonesian style steamed coconut rice served with beef rendang, chicken in creamy sauce, steamed fish souffle and pickled vegetables

*Saffron fettucine pasta with sauteed ceps mushrooms, aragula lettuce, shaved parmesan cheese, creamy basil pesto

DESSERTS
                            * Warm Chocolate cake served with rum infused raisin and espresso ice cream

Warm Christmas plum pudding with armagnac vanilla sauce

CHEESES
                            Selection of brie, mild cheddar, true blue and smokey pepper cheeses served with garnishes

FRUITS
                            Fresh fruits in season

FINALE
                            A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas served with pralines

Comment

Continental Breakfast from Singapore to Melbourne

A quick and simple start to your day

TO START WITH
                              A choice of apple, tomato or freshly squeezed orange juice

FRUITS
                              Fresh Fruit Plate

STARTERS
                              Choice of cereals or yoghurt
                              Cornflakes with milk or Birchermuesli
                              Plain or fruit yoghurt

FROM THE BAKERY
                              Breakfast pastries and bakery with preserves-honey
                              Croissant, brioche, banana bread, bitter chocolate danish and whole meat loaf

FINALE
                              A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas

To be continued...

Comment

Working...
                              X