Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solo in Suites - Riding the A380 to MEL (SQ227 R + TPR Xmas menu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting choice on the movie SQfg

cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
      maybe it's a new christmas 'enhancement'.

Anyways, looking forward to the rest as it's set to be an interesting read!
      Frequent visitors to the TPR like Kyo+ will surely appreciate a change in the menu!

Originally posted by bryan_sq View Post
      I look forward to this report simply because I did this flight on the 21st
      Was it full? I'm guessing it'd be pretty close to it.

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      oh you tease SQFG

Have a happy new year.
      So far so good.. missed you in AKL!

Originally posted by jammed View Post
      whoam i like the Xmas tree design and holding my breath for your full TR
      Takes forever to edit photos.. and I'm not sure I'm even doing it right.. but I'll get there! thanks for reading...

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
      Interesting choice on the movie SQfg
      Krisworld has come under a bit of fire in another thread, and from the hollywood blockbuster perspective, this may be a bit true, but when it comes to eclectic and off-beat - our golden goose is hard to beat. Quick Gun Murugan to the rescue! Had me in stitches........

Originally posted by blast-off
      Great TR with nice pix so far... keep us updated... and thank you please come again
      For sure I will come back. I've always had a soft spot for MEL, and I have an even softer spot for the Kelab BK I had an amajing time for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        So far so good.. missed you in AKL!
        Sorry I was off on one world turns by night.

Comment

Frequent visitors to the TPR like Kyo+ will surely appreciate a change in the menu!
          OK, I'll take the bait...

Yes, the menu change is definitely appreciated but we are all curious to see what the other dishes look like! And unfortunately my next F is not ex-SIN.

In fact, shock horror... I have no F flights out of SIN booked at all!

Unless jjpb3 organises a MNL DO sometime soon....

*hint hint - pokes jjpb3*

Keep goin on the report, you'll probably finish it before I finish the OSL one.. which has been sidetracked by year-end festivities

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Unless jjpb3 organises a MNL DO sometime soon....
            That one, I will come for. I miss Manila..... Manila para sa yo, para sa atin at para sa akin!
            We'll do the do in the greenbelt. And for the PC fans, there's an intercon right in the vicinity too!

Anyway.... next instalment coming later tonight

Comment

Jammies and the "new"ish unisex amenity kit are handed out - I much prefer the older gender specific ones, but I guess this one's pretty nice too.

Just curious.... what kind of amenities inside???

Comment

Love it! Thanks for the excellent pictures especially in the TPR.. wondered what it looked like. Do you feel closed in the F Suites? I like the big J seats in the open.. the F ones look a little clostro.

Comment

On to dinner !

To start with, it's caviar for me tonight (urgh! The fact that I never stray from this is utterly cringeworthy!)

Would you like a shot of vodka with it Ms. SQFG? No thank you dear... just chuck the bottle of that sparkly juice thingy on the table and I'll be juuuust fine.

I skip the soup and the salad - cause it'd be too much for me.... and go straight for the mains

This... ladies and gents, is the Roast Christmas Tom Turkey - quite nice

but I'm still hungry - so I also have the Cod and gnocchi. This one I have to say, was sensational. Just the right texture. Perfect!

And to cap off a rather nice meal - I have the christmas plum pudding with armagnac sauce. Not quite my kind of dessert, but still, a very nice way to finish up Comes with nice decorations too!

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                    Just curious.... what kind of amenities inside???
                    See this thread http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7221
                    They used to give out gender specific ones in R, but they switched some time ago. They still do separate ones for ladies and gents, however, in F.

Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                    Love it! Thanks for the excellent pictures especially in the TPR.. wondered what it looked like. Do you feel closed in the F Suites? I like the big J seats in the open.. the F ones look a little clostro.
                    To me, they're not claustrophic at all, but I understand how it could be for some others. From my perspective, they're huge - there is PLENTY of real estate in there. I'm a fan, definitely.

Comment

Dinner's over - and just in time for us to traverse java from north to south. I'm guessing we can't be too far from Jogjakarta...
                      Picture dedicated to all Indonesian SQtalkers

After Quick Gun Murugan's vanquished all the bad guys... it's time for me to have a nap - a long day already, so a bed in blueberry class tm is very welcome indeed. They've asked me not to use 3CD but 2CD since it's further away from the galley.

It's lights out right after i took the pics and tucked myself in.

Comment

The furniture shouts cozy, it shouts warmth
                        I think it shouts old and stodgy, something that my old grandpa and uncle would sit on.

So what happened to Quick Gun Muragan's love battle? How could he be torn between someone who loves him secretly and his first love? I mean, how would he know if someone loves him secretly and he's got a choice?

I don't know why the menu has to stress the turkey is a Tom!

Interesting TR as always, sqfg.

Comment

Bed looks fantastic - nice pic, sqfg.

Comment

This TR is the deal maker.

Gonna have to try for myself now!

That turkey looks great ( and I don't like turkey! )

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

I don't know why the menu has to stress the turkey is a Tom!
                            Toms are bigger. Hens have more white meat.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/forums/t/225815.aspx

Interestingly, capon (castrated male chickens) are more tender because of the lack of the male hormones.

A guy use to go round house to house doing the surgery.
                            Last edited by 9V-SIA; 5 January 2010, 05:33 AM.

Comment

See this thread http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7221
                              They used to give out gender specific ones in R, but they switched some time ago. They still do separate ones for ladies and gents, however, in F.
                              gender specific for me in R in November (and different to the gender specific I got in F in November).

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                I think it shouts old and stodgy, something that my old grandpa and uncle would sit on.
                                You can eat outside the dining area.

Comment

Working...
                                X