No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines A380 "SG50" special livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something like this fantasy scheme would have been great...

...except that it probably wouldn't look as good on anything other than a 747!

Comment

To be fair almost nothing looks good on an A380

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        Something like this fantasy scheme would have been great...

...except that it probably wouldn't look as good on anything other than a 747!
        Now that is quite sexy.

Comment

ST puts out the PR

SINGAPORE - Singapore Airlines (SIA) is celebrating the nation's Golden Jubilee by having two Airbus 380s in a special livery, featuring a large Singapore flag-themed design on the fuselage.

The first aircraft with the commemorative livery will take to the skies in early June and the second in July.

The A380s will be in the livery until the end of 2015, with the aircraft serving Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Sydney and Zurich routes.

The A380 is the world's largest aircraft and the special livery features a 10m-tall and 47m-long Singapore flag-themed design on both sides of the fuselage, the airline said on Thursday.
          http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...o-airbus-380s-

Comes with model aircraft.

Comment

Not just SKI, SKJ will also be repainted with the SG50 paint job

Comment

Direct Image Link:

Comment

I saw this thing sticking out of the hangar last night, albeit from a distance and in the dark as we taxied for take off on SQ328. Even at that distance the tail looked odd against the red. Shame they didn't change the tail to red and white as well.

Comment

Confirmed: 9V-SKI and 9V-SKJ will not be flying today's charity flight (which will take place at 12 noon).

Comment

I was jogging along Changi Coast Road yesterday evening, and from the walking/cycling track that goes round the airport, the newly painted aircraft can be seen fairly clearly, although from a distance, towards the northern end of the airport (about 1.5km from Changi Beach park).

If you are cycling or jogging/walking from East Coast Park and going northeast towards Changi Beach Park, the aircraft becomes visible around 1.9km from Changi Beach Park (i.e. about 3 quarters of the way down the Coastal Road), through the greenery surrounding the airport.

But if you go a bit further down the road, towards Changi Beach Park, between 1.5km and 1km from Changi Beach, there is an open stretch of fence where you can get fairly good views.

I only had my iPhone with me, but I am sure if you used a proper camera with telephoto, you would be able to get decent pictures.

While I personally don't think this paint job is particularly memorable, the splash of red does look very striking when the aircraft is viewed from a distance.

On a related note, the construction and ground preparation for the new terminal on the reclaimed land to the east of the airport is progressing at a very rapid pace. Where there used to be trees and vegetation by the running/cycling track, the entire area next to Changi Coast Road, where the new terminal is to be built, has been leveled and is now a large construction site. A lot less shade than there was previously! So if you intend to jog/cycle, best to do it early or late in the day.
                    Last edited by yflyer; 29 May 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Stand 609, am I right?

Comment

Originally posted by shikhargpt View Post
                        Stand 609, am I right?
                        Hard to tell if it was exactly 609, but definitely very close to that. It is on one of the stands near the East Service Apron, just north-east of runway 20C. Where I took the pictures, I was on the cycling/walking track about 1km or so from Changi Beach Park, along Changi Coast Road.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                          Hard to tell if it was exactly 609, but definitely very close to that. It is on one of the stands near the East Service Apron, just north-east of runway 20C. Where I took the pictures, I was on the cycling/walking track about 1km or so from Changi Beach Park, along Changi Coast Road.
                          In that case it definitely is stand 609. It is the only stand there that faces North-East.

Comment

Yup, it was stand 609. 9V-SKI just left the stand and taxied to cargo terminal.

Last edited by shikhargpt; 29 May 2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Correction, it was towed from stand 609 to the cargo terminal. Picture by Tan Guan Ming on Facebook:

Comment

It looks weird visually that only 1 of 2 engines on each side has a decal. They should put the SQ logo on the other engine, like they used to in the previous livery iteration (before the enlarged font, extra white on the tail and name-less fleets).

Comment

Working...
                                X