No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines A380 "SG50" special livery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out there's more to the livery than we thought. As seen here, the bottom of the fuselage also has the SQ logo and the Singapore flag, with the words 'Majulah Singapura Our Golden Jubilee". Photo from NinerVictor FB page.

9V-SKI just went for a SQ8898 test flight. Should be entering service within the next few days.

Comment

Actually, I really, really like it when flying. Looks far better than it does on the ground.

Comment

More images from NinerVictor (FB):

All of a sudden, it has grown on me a lot. I love how it looks.

Comment

More pictures from today's test flight!
          Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Read on airliners.net that either of the 2 jets (or perhaps both) will be flying by during NDP on 9 August? If that's true, then it would be awesome

EDIT: More pics from SQ's Media Centre

Last edited by FSJZ; 29 May 2015, 09:36 PM.

Comment

You know... with all these images, it has become painfully obvious that SQTalk needs a better way of displaying images. It should resize them on their own.

Comment

nothing to complain about , its not bad at all , but only me perhaps it looks like flying jumbo koi fish and the bottom with Majulah Singapura looks too much IMHO

Comment

Didn't quite like it at first. Thought the red didn't match the blue. After seeing it more often, I'm getting used to it and it looks nice from certain angle

Comment

Pardon me but it looks a lot like what happens when you let engineers loose with a paintbrush :-)

Comment

I wonder if SQ, being a global ambassador to Singapore, have been pressured into coming up with something 'special' for the much touted SG50 celebration. The lack of creativity and thoughtfulness displayed on this livery certainly indicates to me that this is a rather half hearted attempt, particularly given the iconic nature of their past special paint schemes.

Comment

I agree..... it's a wavy flag, whoopdie doo.

Sorry, after all the pics, I'm still not a fan either now with the bottom or the oddity with the tailfin.

Comment

I looks just "okay" to me. However I completely agree that it does seem to be half-hearted. An afterthought, so to speak.

Comment

-SKI entered service the day before flying to BOM and yesterday to PEK v.v.

Cheers
                            Michael

Comment

Looks like it's flying to SYD on SQ221 right now.
                              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                                Looks like it's flying to SYD on SQ221 right now.
                                Yep, saw it on the tarmac there at around 0900 yesterday morning. Still don't like it, though it looks better in the metal than any of the pics I've seen. No chance to snap a pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X