X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25 years ago, this was SQ's special livery for Singapore's 25th birthday:
    http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/...es/i-JpfqQFJ/A

Comment

I've noticed that SIA has kept the "SG50 Livery" longer than they said they would. If I remember correctly, shortly after the beginning of 2016 was when it was supposed to be phased out? Well, they're still flying. Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
        I've noticed that SIA has kept the "SG50 Livery" longer than they said they would. If I remember correctly, shortly after the beginning of 2016 was when it was supposed to be phased out? Well, they're still flying. Any thoughts on this?
        Perhaps they just meant the "SG50" elements of the livery, which were the SG50 logo on the engines and the design on the undercarriage.
        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Originally posted by flyinghigher View Post
          believed it also costs a lot to repaint the fuselage livery and the downtime needed - think the current SG50 livery will be in use for still sometime to come.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
            believed it also costs a lot to repaint the fuselage livery and the downtime needed - think the current SG50 livery will be in use for still sometime to come.
            Yes, agreed. I don't think they can spare an A380 at the moment, what with the wing crack repairs happening with the early-build ones and trying to fit PEY into a few more of SKL-T on top of upgauging flights for the Northern Summer holiday season. An old logo on a serviceable A380 is the least of their worries!

Comment

Working...
            X