Whilst 806 is useful, I can't see the market for 807
    It provides good connection to:

SQ942 / DPS
    SQ462 / MLE
    SQ245 / BNE
    SQ217 / MEL

And other non-SQ flights.

Comment

Speaking from multiple personal experiences having taken exactly that route quite a few times now, a few points I'd look at:

1) rather late departure of 801 (PEK is nearly deserted at that time of night) of 0015 where loads already aren't high
      2) arrival of 0655 (normally a little earlier) means ample time to prepare oneself before the 0900 working day instead of scrambling out at 0855 and dashing into the nearest taxi/office looking dishevelled
      3) earlier arrival also facilitates more time for connections for earlier departures, including the early batch out to Europe, e.g. 308
      4) the deployment of an arguably better, if not newer product on the 807's 0215 departure

I think this is a poor choice.

Far more sense in my opinion to deploy the newer 333 on 800/801 for:

1) more sensible departure times instead of expecting pax to go to at 12am instead of 10pm for the 2-hour pre-departure check-in
      2) higher-yielding (business) pax who need to do red-eyes yet arrive earlier to get into morning meetings)

No problem, we can agree to disagree

Comment

With 4 daily flights to PEK, I don't see how SQ can fit an A380 in, as was previously speculated.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          With 4 daily flights to PEK, I don't see how SQ can fit an A380 in, as was previously speculated.
          Maybe they'll send one to PVG first?

Comment

So the A380's on MEL is gone for good? It's almost like giving their market share away to QF and possibly EK

Comment

I think the flight timings are due to the inability to obtain slots at other times. 3K's new Beijing service timings are quite similar to SQ's

Comment

and likely SQ's new Scoot will be flying to Mel

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                  So the A380's on MEL is gone for good? It's almost like giving their market share away to QF and possibly EK
                  I suspect it might be temporary while they need three of them for the JFK via FRA operation, but only have two available. Melbourne seems to always be the first to lose the A380 when they run short of one for a while.

Part of the reason for that is they don't seem to be able to fill enough seats because they have it assigned to the wrong outbound MEL flight. SQ218 and SQ 228 provide the bulk of connections to other ports, whereas SQ238 arrives in SIN at a time that doesn't seem to connect with a great deal.

Shifting the A380 onto SQ228 would make the most sense traffic-wise, and is also how it was initially configured in 2010, but means a 10-11 hour layover in MEL. They didn't mind that for an old 747, but not one of their new flagships I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    and likely SQ's new Scoot will be flying to Mel
                    What makes you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      What makes you think so?
                      MEL has had more aircraft changes than anyone else; I update the plane type thread so I know; and flyguy being from MEL is %#&%*( about it.

He's lost trust in SQ being able to keep a fix plane type and is sarcastically expecting to be further )$(*# again...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        MEL has had more aircraft changes than anyone else; I update the plane type thread so I know; and flyguy being from MEL is %#&%*( about it.

He's lost trust in SQ being able to keep a fix plane type and is sarcastically expecting to be further )$(*# again...
                        Add me to the same list. It's got to the point where I'm toying with trying EK which I never thought I'd ever say...

If I lived in Brisbane, I'd know exactly what I was getting (well until this thread sprung up!). Really pisses me off that even Perth will get four flights a day at on some days soon and a city three times its size gets less. Says a lot about how SQ has trashed their MEL market.

Comment

Originally posted by MLflyer View Post
                          Gone for good.

SQ as of 02NOV11 has updated NS12 schedules to MEL, 2 773 + 1 77W
                          Airline Route | twitter

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Dont know why this fellow is making such a remark as firstly i am not from MEL and why cnat Scoot be flying to MEL in near future? What has that got to do with his "plane type changes"?
                            Better be diplomatic and not such arrogance please.

Comment

I guess some MEL based SQtalkers have gone on a SQ strike, personally SQ's constant change of equipment is very annoying and worse than TG. The management should try to get their act together if they do not want to loose customers on the MEL route. I guess SQ might not find the importance of MEL anymore, but lucky for MEL flyers theres plenty of options to choose from.

Has anyone tried emailing SQ Management? Does anyone know the address?

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                                Dont know why this fellow is making such a remark as firstly i am not from MEL and why cnat Scoot be flying to MEL in near future? What has that got to do with his "plane type changes"?
                                Better be diplomatic and not such arrogance please.
                                Sorry. I mistook you for SQ228.

Comment

Working...
                                X