Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More SIA flights to meet Northern winter (2011-12) travel demand

More SIA flights to meet Northern winter travel demand

SINGAPORE: Singapore Airlines said it is increasing flights to Southeast Asia, North Asia and other markets during the Northern Winter operating season.

This season falls between end of October this year and late March next year.

SIA said the ramp up is due to the continued growth in travel demand.

An additional daily service will be introduced on the Singapore-Bangkok route, increasing flight frequency to five per day.

SIA added that as demand recovers for travel to and from Japan, services between Singapore and Tokyo Haneda will return to twice-daily flights.

Meanwhile frequency on the Singapore-Osaka route will also increase from 10 flights to 11 per week.

Other destinations which will see an increase in flights include Guangzhou, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Istanbul and Cape Town.

Meanwhile, SIA's regional arm, SilkAir, has also increased flights to Chengdu, Chongqing and Bangalore during this winter season, while adding Koh Samui as a new route.

- CNA/ck

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...141115/1/.html

Nice to see some of the previous BKK frequency restored
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Glad to see BKK served with a more decent frequency

Comment

Good that SIN-KIX gets one more flight.

SQ's been doing well since NH & JL stopped their SIN-KIX services

Comment

Anyone knows when they will release the timings of the new flights ?

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            Nice to see some of the previous BKK frequency restored
            Indeed. After SQ972 at 0940 there is no flight until SQ976 at 1600, so hopefully the new flight will be in the middle of that gap.

Putting F back on the route would be even better, but I know that isn't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Indeed. After SQ972 at 0940 there is no flight until SQ976 at 1600, so hopefully the new flight will be in the middle of that gap.

Putting F back on the route would be even better, but I know that isn't going to happen.
              I was also thinking along that line, should have a departure from SIN maybe around 12-2pm timing.

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/...s/ne110715.jsp

Comment

No news about rumored SIN-TPE-JFK or FRA-JFK? You would think this announcement covers all changes to Winter schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                    No news about rumored SIN-TPE-JFK or FRA-JFK? You would think this announcement covers all changes to Winter schedule.
                    BR has announced TPE-JFK from October.

Hope that hasn't torpedoed SQ's ambitions....

I'd love to see SIN-KIX-JFK!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                      BR has announced TPE-JFK from October.

Hope that hasn't torpedoed SQ's ambitions....

I'd love to see SIN-KIX-JFK!
                      Unfortunately CI flies KIX-JFK now.
                      I personally think TPE-JFK has more potential simply because there has been no two-way non-stop flights yet.

(and also because I myself is hoping for SQ to fly me to NYC from Taipei )

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Good that SIN-KIX gets one more flight.

SQ's been doing well since NH & JL stopped their SIN-KIX services
                        SIN KIX might be an increase, but SQ actually reduced it from 14 to 11 weekly.

The 14 weekly service was postponed from 25MAR11 to 30OCT11, and now they decided to cut the flights to just 11.

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                        And happened to the rumor of SIN MXP JFK?
                        Airline Route | twitter

Comment

From what I understand, SQ didn't get the rights MXP — JFK from the Italian authorities and that idea is dead in the water now.

SIN — TPE — JFK isn't due to start W'11 unfortunately. It's S'12 to start, or never. High oil prices canned its viability.

Comment

Although it would have been a nice addition to the network, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. If they were going to chop SQ 25/26 in favor of JFK-TPE, I would have been pretty upset as JFK-FRA is a very useful route to me. On the other hand, I don't see them leaving NYC with only EWR-SIN and so this provides hope against the recent rumors painting the demise of my favorite SQ routing (and by association the SQ RTW fare)

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X