No announcement yet.

[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boarding Pass first, then Check in Luggage - possible?

Sorry that this might be a silly question, but for those based in SIN, and wants to check in 48 hrs early to use the TPR, do you need to check in your luggage before you get your boarding pass, or you can still get the boarding pass and use the TPR, and exit immigration, and check in your luggage say 5 hours before the flight (and re-entering TPR?

I have read reports of people entering TPR, go home in SIN, then returning again, before flying off, but I am unsure if they check-in their luggage just hours before, or the very first time they got their boarding pass.

Comment

• The TPR is a departure lounge and not an entertainment park. Why would you go the airport for a drink or meal, go home and come back again!

If you have a connecting flight and arrive in First, you can use the TPR now on arrival. If you happen to live in SIN you could then go home and come back later to catch your flight.

Comment

• What is being proposed is seriously frowned upon by Singapore CIQ, you'll have some explaining to do if you fuff around like this...

Having said that, I'm sure SQ will be flexible enough to accommodate your later checked-in luggage, assuming you do go ahead with this. As SMK77 said, the above is about the only way others would have embarked upon their T-48 TRs. Including my own TR.

Comment

• What Kyo said.

Aren't there a group of pop music fans who got into serious doodoo with SIN CIQ precisely for the same reason (entering airside with no intention of travelling out thereafter, and coming back out)?

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
            What Kyo said.

Aren't there a group of pop music fans who got into serious doodoo with SIN CIQ precisely for the same reason (entering airside with no intention of travelling out thereafter, and coming back out)?
            I hadn't heard about that but serves them right (simple searches for "kpop fans changi airside singapore" and the like turn up nothing)...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              I hadn't heard about that but serves them right (simple searches for "kpop fans changi airside singapore" and the like turn up nothing)...
              I don't think it was K-pop fans but rather Jay Chou fans, back in 2008: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3455

Comment

• Originally posted by eriond View Post
                I don't think it was K-pop fans but rather Jay Chou fans, back in 2008: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3455
                That's the one Ta.

Comment

• Just to clarify, I have done mileage runs before, and is back within 24 hours and no stamps at turnaround point, but I flew out. And back.

And no, am not there to see idols, unless TPR is an idol location. lol.

And also, I am indeed allowed 48 hours to check in, and the lounge is also available, so I am technically not breaking any rules and I am also flying off for sure. If someone is in the transit area and forgot to bring something, and he still has time to go back to his hotel/home to retrieve it and catch the flight, i think it will be ok reason too.

But I will probably not proceed, as I can understand the apprehension if I exit and came back with another piece of check-in luggage, given that I did not come in from another country in the past 48 hrs.

However, I do wonder if I am overseas, and is back in SIN for a "stopover" of 48 hours (transit is really under 24 hours), what happens if I really need to add another luggage after I already collected my boarding pass (to have a meal in TPR first)? I believe since I have the right to (assuming that I am leaving in SQ FIRST next), I probably should consider making full use of the TPR. Then home, and back with a luggage of fresh/extra clothes & other relevant documents for the next trip.

Comment

• As long as there is only one immigration exit per departure, that will be fine. So if you arrive into SIN on a transit, use the lounge before entering SIN, go into the city and then come back airside to use the lounge again, no-one will say anything.

However, if you are leaving from SIN (i.e. starting from landside), enter airside to use the lounge, come back out landside and then want to go back airside to actually depart, that's the scenario we're talking about. CIQ at airports is not to be taken lightly, and certainly not to be treated like an MRT ticket gate. Regardless of whether for idols or the lounge, if you plan on going home then you would not be intending to fly when you're entering airside on the previous day. You could come up with any number of excuses when pulled up by immnigration such as forgetting something at home etc, but ultimately you cannot be certain that the immigration will believe you. Is it really worth the risk (however small) and potential hassle?

Comment

• IIRC, the immigration officers are more lenient towards Singapore passports holders who enter and exit the secure area more than once in a day. BUT they will still ask for you for a reason.

Comment

• I have done the check-in, go thru CIQ, and then exit CIQ, go home, come back, and go thru CIQ once again. Nothing more exciting then accidentally leaving my driver's license at home. Wish it was for TPR.

Comment

• You see, that's a far more plausible (and valid) reason...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            You see, that's a far more plausible (and valid) reason...
                            Lol. Actually, there are many plausible and valid reasons.

Just whether if it is worth the hassle.

48 hours in transit area is a long time, and there could be last min things that may crop up, which is why I was wondering how do people who reported they entered and exit TPR did it, and what happens to their check-in luggage (there may be changes but what happens if there is something I forgot to check in if I check-in the baggage so early ).

Personally, I would think it is too much of a hassle to do it leaving SIN, but if someone is arriving from overseas in departing in 48 hrs, I think may be something to think about - and of course, prepared for some talking to and frowns, if one intends to go ahead.
                            [I know some based in SIN even collect the SQ transit vouchers and go home and back.
                            And if its non-SIN based, on 48hrs stopover, I can imagine them being too bored in transit & TPR after 24hrs and decides to go out and come back again. They probably need to explain themselves to CIQ though.]

On another note, is Dom 2003 the new default in TPR?

Comment

• I don't think there's any issue with collecting the transit vouchers, since it's a valid promo...

Just don't make it sound suspicious and all should be fine

Comment

• I wonder what the outbound immigration would think if you entered airside 48 hours prior to departure, SQ boarding pass in hand. That in itself would count as unusual. The shopping at Changi is good, but not that good. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X