Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buster CT1K
    replied
    They were very nice to me in the T3 SKL F as well when I entered with a LH F bordkarte (LH uses T2) last month. The lounge is very nice, except for lack of tarmac views. Clean, with high ceilings. Unfortunately no printers (apparently they were too difficult to maintain) but an attendant overheard my conversation and said if I had a thumbdrive he could take it into the office and print any documents I need.

It's a perfectly civilized lounge if you aren't spending too much time in it. But the lack of tarmac views and natural sunlight would probably drive me nuts for a long transit.

Leave a comment:

• wdranne
    replied
    I used the SKL F on a Silkair Economy Class boarding pass to KUL two weeks ago. The dragon was exceptionally receptive and siad 'Welcome in Mr. XX'

Leave a comment:

• sqdazz
    replied
    They are downright rude when using the T3 lounge on a T2 departing boarding pass. I was hassled when I had a 4 hour connection for going to the T3 lounge. It's not like the place was busy, AT ALL, yet I felt like I was just a massive inconvenience to them. I was told 'you really should go to the T2 lounge' and then they tried to tell me its a 20 to 30 minute trip to T2. What a load of rubbish, you can go from SKL T3 to most gates in T2 within 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Dear Singapore Airlines:

It should be a good idea to have a refreshing course for your SKL staff hired prior to the SKL T3 opening. For example, basic rules for lounge access based on PPS as well as Star Alliance loyalty. Not to forget, being courteous to all, even pax who fly in Y, is the key for success. And, remembering a flyer who had an interaction from previous day or so, would be a good assets to have.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Welcome all to the reality of SQ Lounges at Changi...

Leave a comment:

• Kiwi
    replied
    Printers have been gone from SIN SKL for a long time - a couple of years at least. One time when they had trouble bringing up my eticket the check in staff had to come around to get the booking reference from my email since I couldn't print it out for them.

Leave a comment:

• Guy Betsy
    replied
    SQ ! Stingy Quack

Really SQ....

There are NO printers connected to any of the numerous PCs because SQ feels that many people were printing uneccessarily and thus wasting paper.

So one or a few people have spoiled it for the rest of us who genuinely need one.

Somehow I am not wowed by any of it . In the F or the C lounge. SQ had the perfect opportunity to emulate BA/QF at T1, and it failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

• stargold
    replied

========================

Some comments:

1. Generally, I was not particularly wowed by it. It struck me as just an ordinary lounge with each part slightly upgraded, for example the food offering slightly improved compared to other normal lounges. There was no innovation of any sort, a-la-VS CH or FRA FCT etc, or even the HKG Wing F section (gosh, how old is that lounge?)

2. I did witness some degree of the "eager attendants" syndrome, although nowhere near as bad as some others have indicated. However, I found it striking that they really spoke no English at all - couldn't they have paid a bit more for attendants who could also actually help you find things like such as a fork?

3. The shower room was pretty good, though I had a feeling of deja-vu from lounges as old as the circa-2000 "new" UA RCC at NRT. Thankfully the temperature and water pressure was fine despite some reports to the contrary.

As a lounge, it's fine - I mean, there's nothing really to "fault" it as such. However, considering that this is the year 2008, and the SKL F at T2 opened eons ago, it seems to me that nothing has improved in real terms at all - in fact, I would go as far as to say the new SKL is far behind the current generation of lounges, whereas the SKL T2 at the time of opening was probably quite ground-breaking.

Obviously SQ has quite a number of F passengers and TPPs ex-SIN so you can't really have LH-style FCT without it getting totally ridiculous, but you would have thought that the VS CH at LHR would have been a viable model to aim for...

Leave a comment:

• stargold
    replied
    My very brief visit on 8APR...

The entrance with the greeters...

I rushed to take a shower first - I needed it after LHR-SIN in whY!!

The wash basin in the shower room

Some shots of the lounge area

The non-operational bar...!! Apparently it opens for a whopping 2 and half hours every day (2100-2330). Even the SKL at ICN manages to have an open bar in the J section from 3pm onwards...

The dining area

Some of the food offerings - the salmon and some cold hams

Fried rice and pasta (if memory serves correctly)

The chef station where fresh egg dishes are prepared

Leave a comment:

• stargold
    replied
    Passengers travelling in F can bring one guest into the lounge. Officially, the rule is that the guest needs to be also travelling on Star Alliance, but in practice the enforcement of this rule varies (since quite often the lounge attendant will not check the guest's boarding pass)

Leave a comment:

• Tanandika
    replied
    i was wondering if you can invite a passenger in to the F lounge, if you yourself are but you are not a *Gold or PPS and the passenger is traveling on Economy?

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Easter Sunday, 23 March 2008

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
    There was no Dom that night......
    Dom has not been served at SKL F in Changi since early July 2007.
    See this thread:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736

Leave a comment:

• SQ All The Way
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
    The bar now seems to have been closed for 4 or 5 weeks. And you're right, no Dom in the T3 F lounge.

BC
    I was there a few days ago and spent almost the entire night at the T3 F lounge as my flight from LAX/NRT arrived at approx 1:15AM and my flight out to BKK was at 8:30AM.........the bar was closed the whole night however they did have some bottles near the food area.

I had a quick shower, had some chef prepared cook to order pasta along with other food items love the Ben & Jerrys ice cream) and whisked away the night on emails using my laptop as it was early afternoon the day prior in North America.

There was no Dom that night......

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X