F: Book the cook question MEL-SIN-FRA-JFK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F: Book the cook question MEL-SIN-FRA-JFK

Just a few BTC questions; flying out MEL (suites)-SIN-FRA-JFK return next week and just wanted to know:

1) The lobster out of MEL...can't find any pics or reports of this. Any good? The BTC options ex MEL don't seem particularly appealing, so I'll stick with the Lobster unless someone tells me it's terrible.

2)Ex SIN: So many options. I don't want red meat for supper, so I've ordered the Chillian seabass....is this good? Again, not many reports of this dish; people seem to always go for the beef or lamb or lobster. Also, for breakfast, I am having the Yu Pian Mei Fen as I remember this dish fondly from childhood..has anyone ever tried it here on BTC F? Also, has anyone tried the papardelle with seafood? Is it good? It sounded interesting but i didn't want to see seafood and pasta drowning in a cream sauce.

3)Ex FRA: Like MEL, quite a limited selection. Was going to go with the lobster (boring), but changed to the roasted Veal Knuckle with bavarian bread dumplings. Has anyone had this? Sounds hearty and local.

4) Ex JFK: Quite a few good options. This one I really can't decide. I ordered the long Island Duck in natural jus. Any good? I am also equally torn with the other 2 contenders: Roasted sea bass with wilted spinach and glazed crab-mashed potatoes and Grilled shrimps and scallops in tarragon mustard sauce with leeks, carrots, and linguini

Having agonised over these choices...I'm a sucker for lobster, no matter what it looks like, so if any of the above choices are not that good, tell me and i will gravitate to the default setting.

Thanks everyone.

Long live SQ.

Qantasclub.
    (but I have divorced myself from Qantas ages ago)

deleted
    Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

BTC seabass ex-SIN is great, I've done it two or three times. The only problem with it now is that if you're flying F or R, you get access to TPR. And guess what fish figures prominently on the menu? Yep. Seabass. Booyah... so it defeats the purpose of ordering BTC seabass now for me. I just have it in TPR as a snack first. And especially flying R, it's a nice appetiser! You can even try asking for a double lobster, like someone's infamous multi-foie gras burger here and set a new record...

I doubt the lobster ex-SIN is bigger than the lobster ex-MEL. You should see the last few I had... could be mistaken for a slightly overgrown prawn! Speaking of which, you can do unlimited lobsters in TPR. Which again defeats the purpose of having it in BTC. So, I'd go for something you can't get in TPR, like a yummy Kyo-Kaiseki (unfortunately this tends to be exactly the same little tidbits the last couple of times, some variation would be welcome!)

My 2 cents...

Comment

I find there's a slight bitter taste on the lobster or it is just my tastebud?

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post
          Lobster ex-australia is sometimes of smaller portion and may come up burnt or the shell is reused
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by trekkie View Post

Lobster ex-australia is sometimes of smaller portion and may come up burnt or the shell is reused.
            This is kinda true, i had 2 lobster ex SYD, both are overcook, since then I'm not order Lobster ex SYD. While from SIN, it's different story...

Comment

Thanks, guys.

Yeah, after some thought, I think I'm just going to wing it and see what they have on the day. I've ordered the Lobster for the FRA-JFK leg,, but will just go with normal menu on the day. It gives a better reflection of what is the finest air travel experience in the air today.
              Will let you know how it goes. Can't wait!

Comment

I just had the BTC lobster ex HK in F and gosh, how it have shrink in size! It looks more like half a lobster and with 3 miserable crumbs of meat. Vast difference from my last lobster ex HK. I filed a complaint but is expecting the usual standard template reply.

Comment

I've been more disappointed than not with BTC esp this year. Not only is the menu dated, but the caterers seem like they have lost their passion.

The whole idea needs a major relook.

I think a better approach is to offer pre-flight meal selection (inclusive of an ongoing menu and a changing flight specific menu) a few days ahead of departure.

If not anything, it may prevent wastage as the plane need not stock extra meals to cater to onboard selection.

Comment

Working...
                  X