mushrooms and roasted potatoes

Miso glazed chicken
    served with Japanese vegetables and steamed rice

Finale
    Fresh mango with sticky rice and coconut sauce
    Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas

*Exclusively created by Georges Blanc, Vonnas

SQ979A BKK-SN (D3) 59-1.1 10-12 RC
    Last edited by itami; 5 October 2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• October 2014: SQ186 SIN-SGN dinner

dinner menu SINGAPORE TO HO CHI MINH CITY

starter

Smoked duck breast with celeriac salad
      Balsamico dressing

Main

Roasted snapper, horseradish veloute, spinach, cauliflower, radish, potato

Braised chicken with mushroom, stir fried vegetables and steamed rice

Stir fried pork with ginger and spring onion, vegetables and fried noodles

Finale

Opera cake
      with coffee sauce

Comment

• October 2014: SQ185 SGN-SIN dinner

dinner menu HO CHI MINH CITY TO SINGAPORE

Starter

Smoked salmon with marinated cloud ear fungus and choi sum

Main

Grilled beef fillet in red wine sauce
        with onion soubise, sautéed spinach, baby carrot, turnip, and shimeji mushroom

Stir-fried chili chicken with lemongrass, seasonal vegetables, and steamed rice

Fried egg noodles with fish, shrimps, shredded egg, and leafy greens

Finale

Mango cream cake

Note: I went for the beef fillet by Alfred Portale and while the taste I thought was pretty good, the beef itself was slightly overcooked but not the toughest I ever had onboard. But in my opinion, it's a conceptual failure because the turnip oozed lots and lots of water and when it got to my table, the dish was essentially steak soup. It was weird and looked eeky. See my pic below, and imagine, after that, I poured the thick sauce over the steak and then it was all a mess between the thick sauce and the watery base from the turnip.

Comment

• SQ 503: BLR-SIN

supper menu BANGALORE TO SINGAPORE

Starter

Mesclun with chicken pistachio terrine and dried apricot chutney

Main

Gosht Kerala roast, broccoli sambharia, aamti, masoor pulao
          Kerala roasted spiced mutton, sauteed broccoli, pigeon peas stew and red lentil brown onion rice

Fried egg noodles with chicken and vegetables

Sautéed seafood with creamy chive sauce, buttered vegetables and potatoes

Paneer bhopla makhni, broccoli sambharia, aamti, masoor pulao
          Cottage cheese in pumpkin sauce, sautéed broccoli, pigeon peas stew and red lentil brown onion rice

Finale

Cheesy citrone cake

Selection of Camembert, sundried tomato cream cheese and Monterrey cheeses served with garnishes

A selection of fresh fruit

Comment

• SQ 502: SIN-BLR

dinner menu SINGAPORE TO BANGALORE

Starter

Marinated prawn on Nicoise salad

Main

Kashmiri lamb koftas with kadai subs, lasooni aloo and parsi pulao
            Braised lamb dumplings, spiced potatoes, vegetables in makhani gravy and pilaf rice

Grilled chicken with yuzu thyme sauce, sauteed vegetable medley, roasted new potatoes

Fish fillet in garlic sauce, seasonal vegetables and ee fu noodles

Paneer in lavender gravy, kadai subzi dhaniwal, lasooni aloo and parsi pulao
            Lavender flavoured cottage cheese, mixed vegetables in makhani gravy, spiced potatoes and pilaf rice

Finale

Choice of dessert
            Movenpick maple walnut ice cream with chocolate sauce or mango panna cotta with fruit salad

Selection of Camembert, sundried tomato cream cheese and Monterey cheeses served with garnishes

A selection of fresh fruit

Gourmet coffees & selection of fine teas, with pralines

I had the Indian non-veg and wow, it was good. The rice was a bit dry but I enjoyed the complexity of flavours and textures of the dish - juicy lamb balls, rich gravy, almonds, raisins, spiced potatoes, etc. The dessert fell flat though. The panna cotta was too firm and the fruit salad was like an after thought.

Comment

• When can you request the menu from SQ to have a look? Is it only the month prior to the flight date?

Comment

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                When can you request the menu from SQ to have a look? Is it only the month prior to the flight date?
                Anytime actually just that the menu may change so a couple of weeks out will be safest since it'll probably be the most current and you still have time to BTC if the menu is boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
                  When can you request the menu from SQ to have a look? Is it only the month prior to the flight date?
                  Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                  Anytime actually just that the menu may change so a couple of weeks out will be safest since it'll probably be the most current and you still have time to BTC if the menu is boring.
                  I requested for the menu for a Nov flight and was flatly rejected, giving some bs about menu may change due to operational considerations thus cannot share.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluepanda View Post
                    I requested for the menu for a Nov flight and was flatly rejected, giving some bs about menu may change due to operational considerations thus cannot share.
                    Hmm, could be down to luck based on who's picked up your email? Mine was pretty straightforward - here was their response:

Our Reference Number: Email/2015780
                    KrisFlyer Membership Number: XXX

Dear Mr YYY

We write in reference to our previous email regarding Business Class
                    Menu.

After further coordination with the relevant department, we have
                    attached the Business Class Menu for your upcoming flights. Please note
                    that this is subject to change.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact
                    us.

Mr YYY, thank you once again for taking the time to write to us.

Yours sincerely
                    ZZZ
                    Customer Service Executive
                    Singapore Airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                      Thanks!

Comment

• SQ406: SIN-DEL dinner

One week after SQ502 to BLR (6 posts up), it was the same menu to DEL except that there was satay and addition of raspberry mascarpone dessert.

Plating was different though and the salad was served with lots more sauce and there were white stuffs on my green beans, perhaps icicles perhaps coagulated salt. I dared not try. And for North Indian route, there was an additional Parotha bread.

Flying similar routes close together now shows me that the meal service is actually not as standardized as I thought it would be.

Comment

• SIN-SYD
                          SQ221
                          JAN15

Comment

• SQ118 SIN-KUL March 2015

dinner FROM SINGAPORE TO KUALA LUMPUR

APPETISERS
                            Chilled malossol caviar
                            With melba toast and condiments

Chilled steamed Maine lobster served with cocktail sauce or Thai sweet chilli sauce

SOUPS
                            Oriental clear broth with watercress

Cream of corn with smoked chicken and chive

SALAD
                            Ceasar salad
                            Romaine lettuce with bacon, Parmesan cheese, croutons and anchovy-garlic dressing

MAIN COURSES
                            Halibut with ceps crust in verjus sauce, braised savoy cabbage, sauteed ceps, roasted cauliflower and fingerling potatoes

Oriental roasted chicken with vegetables and fragrant rice

Doubled cut pork chop with apple cider vinegar reduction, apple compote, braised red cabbage, crushed potatoes with chive and sour cream

Beef kway teow soup
                            Rice noodles in rich beef broth garnished with sliced beef and Chinese greens

Spinach ricotta tortellini with spicy tomato sauce, mesclun

DESSERTS
                            New York cheesecake with vanilla ice cream and fruit coulis

Warm seasonal berries gratin

CHEESES
                            Camembert, California vella dry jack, Iowa maytag blue, comte
                            Served with fruit paste, grapes, walnut and biscuit

FRUITS
                            Fresh fruits in season

FINALE
                            A selection of gourmet coffees & fine teas served with pralines

Comment

• hahaha, April 1st huh
                              Last edited by 9V-JKL; 1 April 2015, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                hahaha, April 1st huh
                                Oooh, I wish I had quoted your first reply last night...

Comment

Working...
                                X